HardLight Damage in PVP is stupid op....!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CaptainPoptart, Jul 16, 2015.

1. spack2k Steadfast Player

2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i use the infi combo ,the same as pve
  3. CollKev Well-Known Player

Thats why you lose.
  4. DulcesS Well-Known Player

If they could low its damage in arena, and only in arena (all AMs should recieve the same treatment), this OP>Nerf>Buff rotation would finally stop. The thing is... do DEVs want it to stop?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Whats soo fun about killing someone in like 3-5 seconds ??
  6. AllanPage Committed Player

Rage tank with resto and power spec is over powered in open world with the 100% heals from RC mechanics. If they have a troller with them they are pretty much in GOD mode unless someone uses a debuff nade. I have seen it personally.
  7. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

8. AllanPage Committed Player

No need to be rude guppy not everyone religiously follows the update notes like a bible. Yes you are right about the restoration thing I guess. And I did specifically mention open world for a reason. I know its not self heals but rather damage heals, so how do you expect to beat someone who eats up all your damage? Its a bad sign when you have to stun someone or expect them to rage crash or run out of power at some point just to win a 1v1. Most of the other powers don't last as long and don't have a damage heal, rage however heals all the damage and the AM is strong enough to one shot 3 people at once.

On a side note, have you fought any good Rage Tanks in open world that knows what he's doing, or even worse, one with a troller?
    • Like x 1
  9. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

sorry if im coming as a rude person my appologyz,
    Rage in openworld is OP but there are many others to, some even in arena's to .

There are many misconsception on this forum and that C.Nova fault , but thats a other discuss:p
    And thinkin restoration has something to do with rage is just one a dem :rolleyes:

And yess i love openworld pvp , yesterday night i did nothing els :p

Atm im nature and have OP prec and might to my sp farmin,(yes for me there relevant) and i openworld is one off dem places i can enjoy my hardworked stat's for.

i have no problems beating rage, sure you win some you loose some, for me is rage openworld not the hardest power to beat, i have more problems with sorc and Hl openworld:D

Again i dont wanna be rude, but iv noticed that people think new on the forum is new to the game and last dayz' i get questioned a lot, maybe due my poor engrish writing i dunno :p

Again my bad for sounding rude :)

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  10. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

edit . whats a guppy ?
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

LOL....The so called broken HL is not broken if you know how to counter and do not give this crap about the window being so small....blah blah blah....

I have beaten many HL players and it is not broken. Maybe that HL player got immunity and you simply cannot knock him down like you want. This is where removing immunity would be benefical, yet players that are able to get immunity quickly wanted it to stay. Now we have players complaining about not being able to interrupt.

My HL experience both playing as one and against them is this, immunity is key for HL just like any powerset. If you get it, that other player will go down quick. Remember what I have been saying about PVP now for almost 6+ months. WM and AM are making ever thing 2-3 hits kill in PVP. With that said, if HL player or you get immunity the other player is pretty much dead, PERIOD. I

Most players I see in PVP start off with a range attack, this allows me to lunge, than go into the HL infinite combo with I I start with Light Claws, than go into mini guns. Since I have immunity and by the time I go mini gun into Ram said player is dead. Is it because they cannot interrupt my HL combo, no. It is because I got immunity and was able to use to take out the other players.

Playing against a HL, I know most use the Range AM. Knowing that I lunge and yes I get hit and I lose a lot of health, what doesn't do that in PVP these days, and I am able to interrupt them and kill them because I got immunity.

What is wrong with PVP is the amount of damage we do, regardless of the power or weapon attack. It makes PVP unenjoyable. PERIOD.

Lately because I do not want to be one of the AM or WM spammers I removed both from my PVP loadout and I play with skill and AM or WM. And you know what, I win just as many matches as I did with WM and AM, because immunity is what matters for the win and not AM or WM. Being able to block break or lunge when needed is what will get you the win. Not the power.

By the way I was able to use Spolosion when I was munitions and it killed someone in one shot. it was a group run I was running around doing the Munitions AM and preamps a lunge with Splosion killing said player in the process. Why cause I used KI and had BF up and I got a nice crit.

PVP is broken end of story.
  12. Riddim7 Active Player

All i can say, because with time starting become speachless about what devs doing, is this:
    mental chaged am resonance attack was totaly nerfed, quantum am suck in pvp aswell.
    gadgets charged am EMP - around 10k-15K depends of spec
    HL light claws - 20k+ (almost whole enemy health in pvp), - nothing much to say bout it just LOL, gj devs on balancing (better word will be unbalancing) game.
    Telling the truth this game exist only because PVE. If not pve nobody would play it cuz pvp side of game is so terrible messed up, all that healing in pvp which makes it unpleyable if u dont have power with healing (thats why rage, fire, nature are so popular in pvp cuz they can heal themself and have time to finish enemy).
    If u really want to balance pvp, or reduce healing aspect of powers in pvp, or give all powers some kind of power that will heal player, so it will be more fair.
    • Like x 1
  13. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Can`t see why these idiots keep fighting to say Hl is not broken they must be god dang friggin ********...
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

HL is just as broken as PVP in general. If you get immunity regardless of the power used, you should win the match given that it only takes 2-3 hits to kill any one in PVP these days.
  15. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I gotta disagree with some of the HL guys on here. I think it would be in line if Light suffered a damage penalty in Arena PvP only. This would kick in with the AM. Our Melee scale powers we're buffed up to 80 % and we're seeing combo's take players out extremely fast.

Pre GU 50 we we're already teetering the edge. Other powers that could wipe a player out with their AM extremely quickly have been adjusted.

Personally I'd like to see AM scale damage and WM taken out of Arena's. However I feel that Light should have a damage penalty in arena's to the AM. No one should get KO'd in 2 - 4 hits.

Lastly I'll say the same should be true for every power in PvP. No should be that OP in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rexbit New Player

Hey! lets buff HL its really really really not broken in pvp! only 20k hits thats all please buff it more!:rolleyes:
  17. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Releasing them in that OP state would cause people to switch to those powers, while also is less balancing work for them. So, in the end, releasing OP powers for PvP makes money. After that, they can just nerf those OP and buff other ones.
    • Like x 1
  18. HOLY FORCE New Player

To be honest ,I low balled his level because I had forgotten the exact number . He was more in the range of 20-22 I believe. Evidence is the fact he was further down the power tree then a lev 12. Also you can have the max amount of SP if you use replay badges. I have often left the braniac ship with 115 so incorrect on that regard.

Anyway you might think I'm ******** but I also have a HL toon but I don't like using him because of the imbalance and when I do use him I allow players to be able to respond to full animation for the challenge. The same goes with my fire tank and celestial toons and I use them even less.

I also don't create toons based solely on the ability to kill easily because I'm a big fan of comic books, I create based on theme so that also = death . I wont sacrifice my super hero principles just to get the win. Example have you ever seen a player in PVP create a midget whose all white with the biggest white aura. He uses this tactic so his blocks are near impossible to respond to. If so well I consider that so lame just to get the upper-hand.

I also enjoy animations and believe it should be part of the game this gives players opportunity to respond with hand eye coordination thus I don't like to clip spam.

I do tend to enjoy legends pvp over arenas because it's seems more balanced and if someone is using an OP legends toons it still can be defeated. I can hold my own in legends and lead the leader-boards at times. Many situations a HL player who just destroyed me in arenas will face me in legends thus I return the favor, that says a lot about the power-set in question. If the person was average or above, they the would not lose in 0-7 thus the reason I don't see many HL players ever playing Legends.

Someone once responded in Versus about my thoughts and said some people don't like legends PVP. My response to that is If you don't like legends then you don't like comic book lore. Then Why TF are you playing this game. WoW or Halo will facilitate etc etc.

On another note, my main grievance was the fact that theirs no videos on countering the typical HL user. Also I have asked the community many times for help on tactics and get no response.

So that being said If you can give me some good advice on what HL powers if used can be countered and strategies that can be implemented it would be much appreciated.
  19. MrB Dedicated Player

Well my main problem was that lvl 12 which cant honestly be true with 6 power points. Now 22 is a different story. I really don't want more hate going to HL than needed. It pretty much is the most hated power in DCUO.

As for giving tips on how to fight and counter HL I will gladly give my advice, but I would prefer a PM since it does require me to talk about "No No" combos.
  20. jr1nc Dedicated Player

If you allow a HL player to build it's rotation for a final blow then you are basically looking for a reason to die! It can be counter ... you can block claw... and boxing... you can lunge mini gun and light blast... if that person has immunity it's because they counter you for it! Its not easy... but it's not broken it can be beat! I don't like pvp but when I'm bored I play... and yes people have beaten me and it's not a cheesy move if you allow me to constantly use my combo contracts thrn there is a problem... its like me standing there and using a weopon range attack at all times without a counter.....