what do you want for PvP Season 4?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sage-Rapha, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Congrats. Doesn't make it true for every situation.

By the way, I'm used to this kind of treatment on the forums in this section. Any opinion stated in opposition gets shouted down and ganged up on instead of actually considering the fact that maybe other people know more about what they're talking about than a select crowd allows people to.
  2. Mighty Committed Player

You're not doing it fast enough. Totally fits.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You're really going to make me upload a video later on aren't you because you aren't going to get this? The fact you've been playing the weapon for so long and don't know this, only serves to further the point you really don't know much about combat in the game. Seriously, you've now got 5 people telling you it's possible.

Aside from that what does every situation mean? You can do it consistently off of a lunge. It's the timings of the weapon attack animations that would impact that, and those don't change. So your comment doesn't make an ounce of sense.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mighty Committed Player

I've tried before in this situation, explaining how a mechanic works to particular people ;) and honestly you're going to be here all day with nothing to show for it. Case in point, some folks swore up and down that GU47 was changing the counter windows that persisted after a block or block break. After a few days and even DevDirt's personal response on the point, particular people still argued otherwise.

Honestly man you'll be here all day.
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

*sigh* Doing it as fast as the combo allows, but I've got video coming showing it.
  6. Chase TheForsaken New Player

this season is by far the worse season.
    • Like x 1
  7. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Knock yourself out. I've got a video coming right now showing all 5 of you being wrong so feel free.
  8. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Note, that I did this several other times, changing distance from my opponent to see if there were any variables there and activating the combo as quickly as possible and got the same results here over multiple attempts. The combo can not be executed successfully within the immunity window.

• Like x 2
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You were saying? And no, I didn't insult you. If you were I do apologize though. You refused to flat out listen then went on to prove yourself wrong.

EDIT: You can go faster than that just for clarification :p this is probably why it's better to actually listen to players who PvP and have been consistently PvPing for much longer than you.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Hm. Unless something has changed I have always been able to use 3 Tap Double Hold inside one counter window.
  11. Logosight Active Player

I don't play this game anymore but I felt entitled to say...

REKT
    • Like x 1
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He's going too slow still -_-
    • Like x 1
  13. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

No, I listened while disagreeing with you based off my personal and extensive experience. I didn't tell you you didn't know anything about combat in the game. A tactic you and others often resort to when being disagreed with here. You disagree with me fine. I'll show you, as I have here, that I'm correct when I know that I am. I would much rather us work together on things to improve pvp for everybody in this game than submit to a selective few who have deemed themselves the "top" players simply because their competitive field has shriveled to almost nothing.
  14. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

That is as fast as one can go imputing the commands for the combo on a controller so no, it can't be done faster. Maybe if you opened your mind up to other's opinions and experiences more instead of believing that what YOU do is the end all be all of PvP you'd see that.
  15. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

To my knowledge, it has always been like this. I even at one point tried a shorter combo with Lifting Strike Mastery and was still blocked. lol
  16. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I'm wrong, because if I was right that would mean that he is wrong and that's just impossible! :p
  17. Mighty Committed Player

You say you're not here insulting people, and then virtually every post you make is insulting, disrespectful, or otherwise snide and derogatory. Do you not see how grating and inflammatory you're being?
  18. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Please, first I'm wrong, then I'm doing it to slow, what next? If you don't see what the real problem is in this discussion then I'm going to assume that you're still biased towards me.
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That or you're just flat out wrong. If you turn away from the opponent the taps happen faster, allowing you to fit the combo in safely. Again, like I said earlier, this is why you need to test extensively.
    • Like x 4
  20. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Or I was right in what I was saying and you're right under this different situation you just posted. I can concede that under the circumstances you posted that you are right. You can't with me though, can you?

I will say that zoomed all the way out like that it's hard to see if Venge was blocking fast enough to show it wasn't interruptable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.