Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I have not had much time to test for bugs on the overwriting...that and since I am a PS player I do not know many on test.....but plan to do some of that testing a bit later. Just trying to see how the Devs are treating my baby electricity first lol
  2. Flying F0X New Player

Hello .o/
    I've never posted here before but I read all the time, so I thought I'd share this video I made of a rotation and parser output on test.

Loadout is: Arc Lightning - Voltaic Bolt - Electrocute - Electrogenesis - Electroburst - Wired

Mods are Might/Health in Blue, Might/Power in Yellow, 3 Might in red and 3 Precision in Red.

Hope it helps give people an idea of what the changes did to damage

• Like x 2
  3. Aemondorth New Player

Thanks for sharing your video, Flying F0X! It helped me a lot to understand the rotation! :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Nice vid. I am in the process of uploading one all power span (my playstyle since I hate weapon mastery) Not close to that damage though unfortunately.
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Here is a vid of just powers no weapons. I did two takes at the dummies. One with only using egen enough to make sure all three were at max dot and the second I just kept it on cooldown. In the second one I did seem to keep getting the dummy off to the right side with Egen. This is how I like to play and several others that love Electric. Not everyone likes Wm and the Am's are supposed to be for those that do not enjoy it. I know that with WM people are getting 26k dps and this is only 22k but I would like to see this closer to the 30k since AM's are the alternative to WM. Just my thoughts on it.

I did just copy paste this from what I said in the Test server thread.
    • Like x 2
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Seems weak still. On live I'm pre/might and still have 10500 base might which is higher than what you're showing at pure might in the video. Yet I don't see an increase in the dots. Yeah I've see a 7000 and 8000 rarely in the video but I'm sure the current dots are litteraly the same strength with what's on live server.

They need to be increased further IMO
    • Like x 3
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would have to agree with you....it needs to be increased for sure.
  8. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Since arc is part of the am I'd have preferred it to do more damage the higher charge dot we have up. Since other AMs have the ability to use their field dot outside of the am wish electrocute could be used with wm. and finally to give us a risk reward wish electroburst could stack with itself.
  9. Max Volt Committed Player

Hey guys,
    good job with the videos, I wanted to jump on the test server myself but work still keeping me extremely busy.

Damage still seems a little low, I have about the same might on Live and those numbers doesn't seems to be a huge change, but then again I should parse it and compare it.

One thing... with the dummies giving you power back it's hard to tell how well the power regeneration works, did you guys tried it in duos/alerts/raid and such?
    • Like x 1
  10. Zeronu Level 30

I read the entire thread of Electric on the test server and i think the route is what Crappyheals and Streven suggested: We need a burst in the setup and more variety/options like they do with Nature, we need things similar to Vine lash+SG=Briar's burst and Carnage+SC and Roar in Wolf form. Adding a Burst to VB and integrating Tesla ball in terms of damage and power regen on the AM can be a effective solution. I put my hopes on the testers.
    • Like x 1
  11. Max Volt Committed Player

We need something capable of high burst damage while AM is running.
    For example when using Tesla Ball on targets affected by AM it should yield high numbers,.....and I'm not talking about 5k damage we are getting now, I'n talking about 20k+ damage.
    That should put us in par with other powers without the need to go overboard on boosting the AM damage.
    • Like x 3
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Does electrogenesis still needs to be stacked twice on test server to maximize the dots?
  13. Zeronu Level 30

Thats the thing but dont forget Dots needs to be the primary source of our damage, Crappyheals suggest to simplify the Dots setup by getting the full VB Dots with a simple E.burst+VB or just E.gen+VB, i think is a great idea. Of course, we all agree in a Burst added to the AM but i dont have too much hope for this tbh.
  14. Max Volt Committed Player

I'm not on the test this time around, but i bet that's why they increased the range of electroburst.....so you won't need to use Egen twice and simply hit Eburst>Egen>Vbolt for top tier AM... but I could be wrong.

Well,..yes and no, other powers such quantum and ammo have DoTs and burst at the same time.
    On my Munition alt for example I can do large burst damage numbers when my AM is in place using Splosion. Lightning has nothing that even gets close to that.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zeronu Level 30

But those Dots are "normal", they are not boosted for those AM's. I agree to include burst AM boosted attacks since we need that change to stay competitive but dont forget we are the Dot class, this side needs changes too specially in terms of speed and damage.
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Either way DoT powers are at a loss since getting the AM to work takes a conciderable amount of time. Either they need a shortcut (was mentioned in the test threat) - at maximum two powers to get the dots going or higher damage potential after the dots are set up.
  17. Zeronu Level 30

Agree, thats the idea i wrote in a thread i did, just do: E.burst+VB for example and get the full Dot damage of VB, just as Crappyheals suggest in the test server thread, making it more simple and faster. Also we need changes to play purely with the powers and burst options like Nature's Wolf form Carnage+Serpent call and Roar for example.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So Kaiser007 posted a video on sparring targets. What is interesting to note is that beyond the DoT set up, he is basically bursting VB constantly. He doesn't even cast AL a second time because the PI damage from Electrocute is negligible. So unless Tunso does some fundamental reworking of the AM, that's pretty much the optimum rotation because the DoTs won't matter as much, just the burst. Electrocute is probably not worth it in the tally of overall damage; you spend 5PP for a lackluster DoT that needs a PI.
    • Like x 1
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

Just a reminder that Electricity has a form of burst that is supposed to help with fast dieing enemies when Arc Lightning triggers the power back hits and hits enemies that aren't electrified and don't have an electro charge. Now there will almost always be an enemy with an electro charge in order to trigger the power back and it looks to be too weak.

The only thing I could suggest testers is to use Electrocute > Arc Lighting to show them how weak the supposed solution for low health enemies is, as the new no order change can trigger the burst this way the first time Arc Lightning hits an enemy. if Arc Lightning hits the same enemy twice the extra burst won't be triggered since they are already electrified.

Also remember VB extends renews the duration of electrified and spreads it if your target is already electrified.
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

Does Nature have to tag adds again before it can spread the dot ? I remember reading somewhere it doesn't.