Read This: <---- Stat Flattening, Cutting Through The Hype!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I made a thread a week or two back about the state flattening, clamping, CR Adjustment. It's no secret that in general I am opposed to such actions as stat clamping etc. However; in saying that I feel it is important to state that I appreciate what the developers are attempting to do.

I want to take a moment to thank the developers for listening to the feedback from the community and adjusting the changes accordingly. As we know playstation players do not have access to the test server and many people don't ever seem to venture in to the developer feedback section.

Over the past week or so I've seen further threads about the stat clamping/flattening etc. many people rather hysterical about the thought of game update 47.

I am making this thread to hopefully alleviate some of the hysteria that people may be feeling about losing their 'super power' to cut through lower content.

The developers have addressed it and in my opinion largely speaking it has been fixed and I think this is now a rather good update.

Firstly a re-cap of the video where game update 47 first dropped the bomb on us.

Now I re-did that first part of FOS1 tonight with the below results.

Some people have been worried about the likes of CC bounties, video done today; (below Weather Wizard)

Some people have also mentioned the Raven bounty, video done today;

2 man - Prime Battleground, what I will say about this one is that at CR114 it was significantly harder than at CR124, but it was done easy enough, video done today;

• Like x 21
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Now where it started to get a little bit harder, but far from an impossible challenge was Trigons Prison, this is because it's T5 and we're starting T7, so one would expect this content to still hit harder.

Summary - The stat flattening, CR Adjustment is not a nightmare, it has made content somewhat challenge, is it slightly different from the current live server, yes it is.

Is it a massive problem now, no it's not thanks to the devs listening to feedback, are some people going to find it somewhat of a challenge, quite possibly, is it completely impossible - far from it.

Hopefully people check out the videos, draw from it the obvious conclusions that there's no drama here anymore and look forward to general over all improvements.

To the Devs if you read this; I thought we were supposed to get "loot still" but no marks, when we ran Prime and Trigons prison, we got no loot or marks, so that probably needs to be fixed.

Shameless plug: feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel :D
    • Like x 21
  3. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Wow, thanks for the feedback and videos. I did notice that FoS 1 hit harder than CC Bounties and Raven. Is that intended? Cause I thought that Raven was stronger than T2.5. I also noticed that was only trash mobs in FoS 1 and you took nearly 25% dmg. Would that mean a boss could kill you still?
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I'll go in and try the first boss and make a video, if anyone else wants me to try anything else in particular too, let me know. happy to post as many videos in here as people need.
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hey, thanks for the video's.

I guess I will be the bad guy and say they never should have changed it, since they did....oh well.

Instead of video's of how you would run those alerts, bounties and raids, why not just do a video on the SP tree's, and innates or the new stats for Trolls, Heals and Tanks with 7 mods?
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I can do some of those for you, I'll get them up as/when I can :)
    • Like x 4
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Mr Test destroys the Sunstone Herald at CR116. He posed zero threat.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I'd have a shot of Mr Test posing near the body but the game crashed to desktop when I pressed F9.
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thank you for clarification. The community needed to see this.
    • Like x 2
  9. seek76 Committed Player

I was going to do a long post about your videos, but at this point it doesn't matter any more. The proof is in your videos for all to see and draw their own conclusions from. I will point out a couple of things about your video though; You are in IL124 gear, you are duoing it, not soloing it, and you are using what many consider an OP power to showcase we are not being clamped. I think you have failed in your attempt.

On a positive note, thanks for taking the time to do this and posting it for all to see.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Happy to do it in any power you want, let me know which and I'll video it for you.

Also you're right, it was a duo; That was something i meant to make mention of in my original post but forgot.

It is harder to the point where you might need to 'take a friend' - this does mean the content is somewhat harder, but lets face it, if you don't have some mates to help you run some content in an MMO you're probably doing something wrong. lol :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Also something else to address your post, Yeah we are in IL124 gear, but remember it scales based on your CR, you have to expect things to be harder when you're within 2 tiers of that content. This will scale proportionally as you continue to progress through tiers.

Of course when you're in IL114 gear for example, FOS3 is going to feel a bit harder than in IL124 gear, but that's not a bad thing really and to be expected as you progress.
    • Like x 1
  12. seek76 Committed Player

No need to do that but thanks for the offer. I do have one question for you if you don't mind answering.

Would you have died in pbg or trigon if you tried soloing it. Boss fights didn't look to bad, but I noticed your health got low a couple of times going down the hallway in trigon and during the circe fight. Do you think you can do enough damage to kill them before they kill you is what I'm asking.
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm doing all of testing on two toons: one in full 99 vendor gear and one in the now-default full 101 elite gear, cr 114 and 116 respectively. I fail to see how rushing to the vendor to max tour toon for testing is any help whatsoever. On my 116 Ice toon, FOS1 is still a joke and I run in DPS role.

Guess it's time to try PBG to alleviate your angst?
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Possibly not if you tried to solo it to be honest, I'd have to go in and actually give it a serious try.

Like i said in my first post though, it is significantly different from live, but my point is it's not the nightmare people are worrying about.
    • Like x 1
  15. seek76 Committed Player

I know, and I have come to terms with this. Its why I decided against a long drawn out post. No point in arguing it anymore, it will be what it will be.
  16. SnowStar Committed Player

the loot still but no marks concerns me. If this is not the correct place to ask about the elimination of marks and marks update, I will move along
    • Like x 2
  17. seek76 Committed Player

I don't understand what you are saying here, sorry.
  18. seek76 Committed Player

Thanks for answering.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I'd say it's possibly a bug; you still seem to get the reward box and iconic styles, i got the broodmother helm out of FOS1 just before and a box from the end, but nothing else.

I doubt thats intended as there are exclusive styles from the content too, oolong for example from FOS, weapon styles from Prime etc.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

So much fuss.

This the sky is falling the sky is not falling the sky is kinda falling.

I'm sad, I'm leaving, my league is quiting, my league is staying, no my league is leaving again, the game is dying, I'm happy they listened to feedback but...., I'm hungry, I'm tired, I don't know why I play this game if I can't steamroll a t3 raid and leave all the new guys crying with a sis stone assassin in the back while I solo boss is tiresome.

For th record they always listen to feedback and the first iteration of something in test server never makes it to live, it's why they call it a test server.

By all means continue to freak over test server changes.
    • Like x 3