Test Discussion Munitions Power

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

You can't just be posting numbers. you are going to get the whole powerset nerfed even further because they think you are getting this with a normal rotation at far range.
    • Like x 3
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Let's see if we can get a fuller picture of the damage output for the Advanced Mechanic. I conducted tests at 'Splosion Range, Near Range, and Maximum Range.

First, I put together a couple of graphics demonstrating the range boundaries:
    [IMG]

Note that the boundaries are set with respect to the three sparring targets. The Maximum Range for the Advanced Mechanic varies a little bit. 50 Cal requires you to be a couple steps closer than what is shown in the picture. All of the other powers can hit from that range. "Far Range" starts when you get past the "Near Range" line.

Now for an overhead view:
    [IMG]

For each boundary line, I will post a loadout and the corresponding Analyzer Chart.

'Splosion Range:
    Loadout: Killer Instinct, Railguns, Five-Barrel Minigun, 'Splosion
    Chart:
    [IMG]

Near Range:
    Loadout: Killer Instinct, Chain Gun, Five-Barrel Minigun, 50 Cal, Mini-Nuke
    Note: The left sparring target in this test was being difficult. It took an extra 3 seconds to finish it off over my usual timings.
    Chart:
    [IMG]

Maximum Range:
    Loadout: Killer Instinct, Chain Gun, Five-Barrel Minigun, 50 Cal, Mini-Nuke
    Note: You can think of this as being "Far Range" damage. The "Far Range" modifier starts one step beyond the "Near Range" line.
    Chart:
    [IMG]

Final Timings:
    'Splosion Range: 101 Seconds
    Near Range: 128 Seconds
    Maximum Range: 164 Seconds
    • Like x 6
  3. La Shark Dedicated Player

You're correct

3/28/2015
    1:15 pm pst

Now with league hall proficiencies

Mid melee

[IMG]

Mid Range

[IMG]

I don't do long range attacks because that's my style. To me its kinda cowardly.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report:

Rocket Jump is not providing any damage absorption in Controller or Damage roles. You can see a demonstration in this video:

At ~8 seconds, I use Rocket Retreat. As you can see in the combat log, it provides damage absorption. It also stunned the surrounding enemies for a long period of time. Compare that to Rocket Jump at ~33 seconds. Rocket Jump provides no damage absorption and only knocks down the enemies.

Rocket Retreat provides damage absorption in Damage role while Rocket Jump provides does not.

Information:
    In case people are wondering, the damage cap on Rocket Retreat is Restoration + Dominance + 10. The shield seems to last ~4 seconds or until the cap is reached. Trying to determine the exact length has been inconvenient.
    • Like x 1
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Thats what I suspected. I think I'm going to do the same thing but go mid ranged during the gun powers then walk up close hit Splosion then back off again. I noticed in penryns rotation he just did 2 guns then splosion. I was doing 3 because for some reason I thought you needed to do 3 that changes everything for me numbers wise.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was using the following rotation:
    'Splosion clipped with Killer Instinct -> Railguns -> Five-Barrel Minigun -> 'Splosion -> Railguns -> Five-Barrel Minigun -> Repeat

I prefer using Five-Barrel Minigun in place of any of the other potential powers because the timing works better for me. I can instantly clip 'Splosion with Killer Instinct. Other powers like Rocket Launcher and Chaingun don't pad your rotation time enough for Killer Instinct to come off cooldown right as you are about to use 'Splosion.
  7. La Shark Dedicated Player

Uh..

scratch that post. It's not constructive and looks like a jerk move.

I've reported it be removed.

I felt i had to post numbers because people on here where either a) can't dps good with it. or b) pulling punches to have its damaged bumped up making it one hell of a beast coming out the gate( live).

My post was to show munition had potential and to stop people for knocking the devs. I believe the first post did that. However, the 2nd post was a jerk move trying to show people up, dmg wise.

mea culpa
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

What are you using for your Mid-Range loadout?

I'm interested in seeing what other players are using in reality.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

To summarize some recent posts:

Definite Bugs:
    1. Rocket Jump - Provides no damage absorption:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/munitions-power.240114/page-19#post-3171076
    Also, the Controller version lacks the AoE stun of Rocket Retreat.

2. Pump Action Shotgun - The power description does not mention the power only does full damage at "close range."

Maybe Bugs:
    1. Chain Grenade Launcher - Damage division on second and third ticks:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/munitions-power.240114/page-12#post-3147761

2. Biggun - This supercharge has multiple issues:
    a. This supercharge sometime splits on 3 enemies. Sometimes it splits on 8:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/munitions-power.240114/page-12#post-3147496
    b. The possible damage output from Biggun is rather extreme:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/munitions-power.240114/page-13#post-3147954
    c. The animation on Biggun is long enough that it drops the Bullet Frenzy state. If you try to clip it early, you won't get any damage and the supercharge will go on cooldown.

Issues:
    Far Range Modifier - As far as I can tell, you are hit with a 25%-30% damage penalty the moment you take a step past the close-range modifier boundary. Can this hard modifier be replaced with a system that gradually scales the damage penalty based on your distance over the close-range modifier boundary? Near maximum range, you'd still be hit with a 25%-30% penalty. However, the contrast wouldn't be so stark in the medium ranges. Since the UI does not display "distance to target", you have to rely on dead reckoning and pay attention to your damage ticks to make sure you stay in the near range modifier. Also, this would be more appropriate for the real-life damage/distance dropoff aspect of Munitions that the game is trying to model.

I imagine the development team probably views the close-range modifier as being a "damage boost" instead of the far-range modifier being a penalty. In that regard, the far-range damage potential of Munitions lags behind the far-range potential of several other powersets based on what I've tested.
    • Like x 3
  10. JUGGER Active Player

I will have a video up to going over issues I have with the powerset, great feedback you all have.
    • Like x 1
  11. btoom New Player

hamm cant wait
    • Like x 1
  12. zx192 Well-Known Player

I was making a pvp load out with the power and I notice that there is no shield, I'm I wrong or is that how it is? I don't mean super charges, just a regular shield.
    Edit:
    I would use the hard light shield in the iconic tree but it has a long cool down and you take damage. In dps roles you don't have much restoration and dominance to make it strong enough to be at the same level of a regular shield.
  13. JUGGER Active Player

Spord Spytle and Mepps
    I want to say great job to you and the rest of the team on creating a fun powerset here are some of the issues I am having with it and the draw backs it has in pvp. I hope you guys find the time to check it out thank you again for all the hard work.

• Like x 7
  14. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Rocket Retreat and Survival are both shields.
    • Like x 3
  15. Cutie Level 30

idk how to make new threads but since this is testing feedback can you please fix lightblast in controller role for green lantern it doesnt switch targets since last update like it should
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If something is not working right then it belongs in the bug report section, not here.
    You can report a bug here: https://soeissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11111
    You can discuss bugs here: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/arkham-asylum-bug-discussion.5/
    • Like x 6
  17. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Some powersets have AMs that completely outclass the others in PvP and as you pointed out Munitions is not one of them. It's not even viable. This is a general issue with lots of powersets though. In my opinion the only powers that really work in PvP AM wise is HL and Celestial, Nature, Electricity and Ice. Rage's AM doesn't really do it any favours in PvP. Savage is very hard to keep up because all the power combos are incredibly predictable, Rage atm has 1 block breaking power but you have to get to the last precision combo for it to do a block break. However Rage is doing fine because it's a precision based powerset. The remaining powers basically have to use WM to do any kind of damage because the basic might damage isn't there and even with a WM boosted hit it still doesn't really do much. Most people just have a couple of CC powers to interrupt so they can get a combo off. Some of the AMs are not viable because they are vunerable for the entire duration it would take to get the enhanced damage or the AM mechanic is just too hard to maintain.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Avian, I'd remove Celestial from that list of viable PvP AMs. ;)
  19. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Yeah, Celestial is more like Rage now that I think about it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fiash2k Active Player

i dont get it ppl here in thread say u dont need to use 3 different abilities to be able to hit the big crit of 50cal but it does not work for me ... iam using:

Chain gun -> Five Barrel -> Chain gun -> and 50 cal hits always for ~ 3k

... now if iam using:

Chain gun -> Five Barrel -> Rocket Launcher- > i always hit ~ 17k on 50cal ... wtf

PS: glowing of current Head bandana is ugly ...very
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.