Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeroman New Player

For all the people in here that say the ship is sinking or the game is dying or dead you seem to still be playing this game and posting on the forums. Some people claim they have stopped playing this game but always post an opinion in here. I just don't get it. If you think the game is dead or you stopped playing then go away and let the people who do want to play and love this game play in peace.
  2. SenseIess Well-Known Player

I give this reply a 6.
    • Like x 2
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

i can love the game while my desire to log in dwindles thanks to the devs. this is a one of a kind game and its core has changed. b4 the combat system was completely different. good or bad the difference of game play is big. pvp well was beyond great and now. its not the games fault the countering system has not worked for ever. its not the players fault, its poor quality product. the chaange to the gear. people invested a ton of time chasing the skill point ceiling after they hit the gear ceiling stat wise. now its a crap shoot on your max cr and your max stats. that is a fundemental change that is not helping the game

what about leveling? been made stupid easy now so you get leveled fast and you can zip to end game or to where you have to spend. ok now we got a bunch of under developed non skill or skill point having players in top tier content. all huge changes to the game not in our or the games best interest. all good reasons you can love the game and have no desire to do anything but go to the forums hoping to inspire change. as far as the sinking ship. well bud when a companies doing good x,w,and z happen. when its bad a,b, and chappen. i am seeing alot of a,b, and c type of signs and nothing showing growth and prosperity. nothing
  4. Shozei New Player

RLY shutting down EUPC without any announcement? I was in a solo content at the boss.... gg sony
  5. DarkAngel1287 New Player

just got kicked off the game cuz the server shut down?! USPC.... another day of waiting 10 hrs!!!! FFS
  6. ENRAGEDPLASMIC New Player

Im having alot of issues with broker mail an shared bank is collecting items plz help i lost my radiant aura on a lvl 51 toon while putting it in my shared bank plz help
  7. StonedArrow New Player

omg its happen again and only god knows for how long :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Twistedmobster New Player

Wow, booted right before cerebus went down.
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

Only 30 sec notice on a reboot.
  10. Max Gentleman New Player

That was a very sudden shutdown... Crisis in the DCU?
    :confused:
  11. onenotnamed New Player

I was just thinking the same thing. they should at least let us imprint different powers to our armories
  12. Morcra Committed Player

eh. Your switching to a NEW power. a power that your character originally did not have. If you have already bought it u cud have made a new cha for it. But u didnt. its all up to choice.

Its like u want this game to be p2w
  13. BigDaddyKane New Player

I'm just clarifying. :) Since we would be accessing to those powers by purchasing a Ultimate Base Bundle or any one that grant us more then one power selection. Could we switch into those by using our armory?:confused: My opinion is that it would be less complicated when not have create 2-5 characters that have different powers. I am fine what the standards is now but, it could be beneficial in Raids when others group or league runners missing a role. Just only a theory. LOLo_O
  14. BludFyre New Player

So the world, or worlds have shut down after a 30 second warning. Which means this was impromptu, anyone know what's going on?
  15. Xemphiz New Player

lucky i was running RttN. :B
  16. DCUOFIGHTER1 New Player

WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT REALY I WAS IN THRONE FINALLY BOSSSSSSS :mad::mad:
  17. DCUOFIGHTER1 New Player

HOW LONG IS THE SERVER DOWN !!!????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
  18. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

Something else we didn't ask for...

Your aim was to split it up and be able to charge more money from the same stuff. We all know sales are down and that's why every change is to appease the new user despite the legacy players that have kept it alive all this time. The bundles are a deal for new users but if I want to piece together what I'm still missing it'll cost a small fortune now... Way more than $50 (what it would have cost for me to purchase EVERYTHING I was missing). What if I try to save money by buying a bundle that has what I need but also contains things I have? Do I get a discount on the bundle??? Of course not. This is just another way DCUO can charge more for less crap.

It also explains why this game goes down so much. You are always trying to pump in new tiny crap just to sell something new. How about just scheduling this crap every 6 months and then putting everything in at once instead of microscopic increments? Your desperation for our wallet shines in how nothing EVER works when you release it and you have to shut down every time to fix it... on top of the shutdown to install it in the first place. Users, ask yourself why other games don't have this problem.

Games are supposed to be fun but with all this trickle down corporate way of running a business it is starting to feel less like a game and more like a job that requires union dues. I have watched many games fall to this and as always you all prove that we are of no consequence, that it is all about the bottom line, and as soon as you can no longer profit from us we will be kicked to the curb as you will certainly show no loyalty and probably not even leave a server up for the die hard legacy players.
    • Like x 2
  19. Gwynbleidd New Player

I love making new chars, but that's not the point.
    It's not a discussion about realism. This whole game is about respeccing. There's no big difference between respeccing all your Power/Skill-points or your Power. Doesn't require significant work from the programmers either (they can do it pushing a few buttons).
    Point is, they are taking advantage of the situation, that many players don't like to start over with a new char and grind their way up again.
    Maybe you do it 2-3 times, but then...
    Having to buy respec tokens for real money is not exactly fair. I mean, you wouldn't suggest respeccing power/skill-points should cost real money, too, would you?
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

maybe just maybe if they averaged more income per player they could afford to do better. this is crazy premium guys upset about quality. pay the asking price of the sub and fully support them. the game needs more money and who else should they ask besides the premium guys? they surely hit legendary guys with cash grabs so we pay full price and get taxed extra. you guys pay about %25 of the sub and clearly its not enough. dcuo has made an adjustment as a result
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.