Changes Coming to the DCUO Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, you should get the Gothic and Deco themes automatically which are proper lairs, not dives.
    • Like x 2
  2. Canuck or Die New Player

I would if I actually hated the game. I actually want this game to do better. So maybe it is you who should get lost if you can't handle someone criticizing this game.

It's amazing how you and others constantly give the dumbest reasons as to why the raise in pricing is supposedly okay because you somehow want the rest of us to be punished for not spending the same amount as you.
    • Like x 4
  3. Todoran New Player

i do not agree, sry make all DLCs 4.99 this will be inprovement ... and you will get more ppl to buy them. If only 2 ppl out of 10 buy a 10.0 DLC you will get more cash if 8 out of 10 ppl buy a 4.99 DLC. think right.
    • Like x 1
  4. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Home turf really needs a change. players who own home turf should be able to live anywhere they want. Some places are over the premium cap. That's not right. You could even raise the premium cash cap to 4k then could afford it.
    • Like x 4
  5. Todoran New Player

Day Break needs redesign the f2p model for this game ASP.
    • Like x 1
  6. Claaad New Player

You know how they would get more moeny?By letting us to buy dlc with paypal.......i really don't understand why they don't let us to use paypal to buy dlcs or legendarry,i really want to buy legenderry but i can't because i m from eastern europe.why we not support this ideeas instea of flaming each other?
  7. zeroman New Player

Free to play should be taken out and premium cash cap should be lowered to 500 dollars.
    • Like x 1
  8. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

After going through this future change and all the comments, I have decided to go Legendary, easy on pocket and get everything. Continue buying everything to enjoy the full game will draw a huge amount of money. Its a nice game and would not like it to die because of such policies, LOL, they were able to convince, at least one person, to go legendary.....
  9. Todoran New Player

i dont plan to be legendary.... never will even if is not a money problem i dont suport "subscription in any way"
    • Like x 1
  10. RealGODofWar New Player

your idea would literally kill the game. This game cannot survive off of subscription alone. The constant trickle of new players would cease almost entirely. There not enough marketing for this game, to get people to subscribe outright. FTP is a tactic to get people to at least try the game.
    Think before you type
    • Like x 3
  11. AsgardKnight Well-Known Player

I completely agree. F2P is like test.. you like it, then get the full version with a subscription. That's as simple as that. You can get any type of subscription. Like Monthly to yearly.. That's a nice thing too.
  12. zeroman New Player

I thought it out and stand by my statements. Free to play players are a waste of space and just create lag time. I would like to see everybody pay for a subscription. Premium players are bad enough and now that I think about it the cap should now be lowered to 400 dollars. If I had to collect cans to pay for my subscription I gladly would. I rerate this thread a negative 57.
    • Like x 2
  13. Gwynbleidd New Player

That's a point. Now we are slowly getting to the heart of the matter.

First of all, let's stop with this "legendary vs. premium"-rivalry, as both sides are contributing support to the game in a way they deem right.

Recapitulating what has been stated until now:
    - more options in buying specific content = good
    - no more DLC-packs of old (future content excluded) = bad
    - higher prices for some old content = well, no one really likes that but....
    Possible solution: the company should continue to offer old DLCs alongside the separate content (at least for already existing content).
    => people buy whatsoever => everyone happy :)

The upcoming changes are affecting mainly those premium players willing to invest more money. If those customers never turned legendary (for more than the occasional month) they have their various good reasons. That said, it is unlikely they will subscribe in the future. Instead, many premium players will become even more "picky" in the selection of content to buy (and feel more and more uncomfortable, something not to underestimate). Telling them "like it or leave", as somebody never grows tired to do, does not help the cause and only contributes to split the community - not good for DCUO.

The problem is maybe more a psycological one, but psychological effects are strong.
    DCUO has the tendency to sometimes give Premium-members the feeling of suffering from various disadvantages, be it only comfort features (besides money-cap...). But comfort is important. Instead of "there's a lot of nice stuff you can buy if you like" sometimes the game seems to tell you "you have to buy this and that, otherwise...". Small difference, but feeling uncomfortable does not incite people to buy more, it incites them to think it over (and over and over again) - not good for DCUO.

Of course it's not always easy to find a compromise that suits everyone. Not impossible though. Not in this case.
  14. AjaxMortimer New Player

Okay, thanks.
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I think you forgot how the game exists right now because of F2P players. This game would have died if F2P did no exist.
    Eliminating potential customers is the worst thing a MMO could do.
    Going F2P made the game's revunue go up by 700%. Not a typo. Yes 700% percent.
    So 100$ became 700$.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/dc-universe-online-revenue-700-after-f2p-switch/
    Wonder where the most revenue was coming from? Definitely not from Legendary subs, but from the Market Place.
    I give your post a 0.
    • Like x 5
  16. Nonyabeezneez New Player

I will never pay 15 dollars a month for any game! The thing that stopped me from spending money was, no matter how many DLC I got. I still was caped at 2k money. I got every DLC up for last laugh. Then I quit. I came back about a months ago (about 2 years off?) Then I got Home Turf and FFTL 1, still only have 2k money cap. I wont be buying anything else until the money cap is changed.

It would be nice if SOE increase the money cap depending on the DLCs you get. 200-500 per DLC.
  17. zeroman New Player

The money cap will not and should not ever change. This game makes money from people that PAY for subscriptions, replay badges, power respect and every other thing that is needed to succeed while being legendary and reaching the peak of your gameplay. This game does not make money off of the random premium player that decides to buy a dlc but rather the people that PAY to play on a regular basis.
    • Like x 2
  18. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Power Respec*
    • Like x 1
  19. GoldStarFlight Active Player

Yeah I'm wondering that to.
  20. AjaxMortimer New Player

Last week of the month ... lol ... anyone want to take the bet that these changes will actually happen within the next week? lol

This is funny to me because the game made money off of me, a random premium player, who decided to buy a dlc. Now I learn from you it was supposed to be free! LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.