Hey DEVS, may have Perfect Solution to get rid of the 4 Dps groups.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by smoove76, Mar 17, 2015.

1. smoove76 Committed Player

Remove split damage from Healers, Controllers, and Tanks Might and Precision attacks.. Example: Say a healer hits a add group with a AOE for 1500 damage, instead of splitting that 1500 damage amongst the adds let the ALL get individual damage for about the same amount. I'm not including crits For the sake of keeping the example giving simple. With this These role will see a increase in damage that will in turn will IMO remove the need to have a 4th or even a 5th DPS for burn sake. Feel free to add any Idea to make this idea better, BUT the core part of this Idea is that split damage be lifted from support roles if possible.
    • Like x 6
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Okay, to simplify it.

DPS gets 1000 for a hold on their attack. A healer, tank, and controller gets 300 for a hold on their attack. 900 total.
    A DPS get a 35~60% damage buff for hitting a power before. That attack goes from 1000 to 1600. The roles are still equaling 900.

You can't out dps even if you remove splitting of damage.
    • Like x 6
  3. Inpent New Player

Somehow Someway people will find a way to run with 4 DPS.
    • Like x 7
  4. smoove76 Committed Player

It's not about out dpsing a dps it's about increasing productivity of the other roles, then that will allow a extra healer or troll or tank to come in to the group without that feeling of the raid is going to take a extra 3 or 4 minutes to finish......
    • Like x 2
  5. MrBeefCakes New Player

Who cares if people run with 4 dps. let people play their own way.
    • Like x 12
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

It's a game and everyone want to play differently , and fyi I don't like your idea at all so that's a dis-like from me
    • Like x 1
  7. smoove76 Committed Player

AGAIN this is about bringing balance to the group make- up Everyone will obviously play their own way. ....This is like rewarding those who may what to do a 2-2-2-2 or even a 1-3-2-2 set up rather than 5-1-1-1 set- up
    • Like x 3
  8. BumblingB I got better.

That's the thing, unless there is a mechanic that requires a role in there, people will go for shaving off that extra 3 or 4 minutes. The devs intended to make this game pug friendly, so unless it's Throne, you aren't going to have a perfect group. Either because of faster runs with more damage, or over gearing.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

An interesting concept.

Not too far from the notion of buffing non-DPS damage out when only 2 DPS are in a raid/1 DPS is in an alert through a passive buff. Which I believe is a good idea.

Fundamentally though, it's a red herring to chase such concepts as the community will do what they want. If the content is easily beatable without running a particular formation, then they won't run that formation. Not to mention it's engrained in us now that stacking DPS is the only way forward. I see a lot of arguments going along the lines of "But Trolls, Healers and Tanks do more damage", "But more DPS is more burn" (regardless of how truthful that is) and the end result is no change.

My personal opinion is that ALL content (minus perhaps solos and Duos which are quite fairly balanced) should have tougher, stronger NPCs in there. Alerts should have reduced health versions of Raid NPCs and Raid NPCs should be buffed to a much higher CR.

This increases the pressure on tanks, which in turn, increases the need for a second healer, second tank and a second controller to cope with the stress now being inflicted on the group.

With this design philosophy, they aren't changing anything at all. You can still run content how you choose. The best and easiest way to beat the content will be with a balanced group, encouraging more players to take up support roles. If you choose to defy running a balanced group set up, favouring stacking DPS, then that's your decision, but your gains in time will result in a much harder run.
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

No.

The only solution is to build content with mechanics that force or at the very least, highly recommend we run with, 2 of each support role (or just certain support roles, cause 2 tank runs are brutal because there's like 0 of them). If I can put out more damage and get through content faster with 4 DPS, i'll do that every time. Give me content where there is so much damage coming in on a group that 1 healer can't handle it, content where CONTROLLERS are the only ones who can stun things, etc and i'll run with more of those roles. Until then though, it'll never happen. It's on the developers to give us content that supports running less of each role and is less reliant on damage.
    • Like x 6
  11. smoove76 Committed Player

That's the thing is not the game. IT'S THE PPL. This will just allow 2-2-2-2 option to be MORE of a option Like ppl who like Raid survivability V/s Speedy Raid run and vise versa this Idea kinda closes that gap between the two styles
  12. Biester New Player

If the mechanics of the content in which you are running doesn't require extra support roles then players will generally choose to replace support for more burn. I like the op's idea, though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Or...You could stop trying to force your views on the whole community. Its a game. Play it how you want to play it. I prefer solo healing and having 4 DPS. I shouldn't be forced to work with another healer if I don't want to. (Yes even in throne I solo heal.) If you want a 2222 group. Make your own group, and if the people don't want to comply with two of each role boot them out.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The problem is that there's no disadvantage to running content imbalanced. You're better off running content imbalanced as you're not going to struggle any worse than with a balanced group and the burn rate is going to be considerably higher, thus decreasing the time taken. That's a direct problem caused by the game itself. Specifically, the virtually indestructible tanks they've given us and the extremely high Restoration healers have.

I'd say the blame is equal 50/50 between players and the game on this issue.

Mechanics are definitely not the solution, either. They specifically made a mechanic in one of the new raids that is best suited for 2 tanks, yet people can bypass it easily. Thus it was wasted development time and a better result could have been achieved simply by buffing the CR of the boss/adds at that part, significantly, no mechanics required.
    • Like x 4
  15. smoove76 Committed Player

I guess I should have seen the push back from SOME in Dps community.Any good, or decent Idea that pops up to help the other roles they are ALWAYS ready criticise it & shout it down to nip it in the bud so the Idea won't take root and grow into something good. Ok if you don't like the Idea that's ABSOLUTELY FINE, But for the love of all things good in the world, at least give a VALID REASON explaining why YOU think this is a bad concept and give a COUNTER IDEA instead of just saying you hate it & leaving troll another thread. After all I DID say YOU CAN input your idea(s) to make this Idea MUCH BETTER
    • Like x 1
  16. amazingmanll New Player

Dps's think they own dcuo
  17. smoove76 Committed Player

How is giving a fresh idea wether it's good , bad or whatever forcing my views on ppl. SMH This is why Devs have these forums it is to give ALL PEOPLE a chance in the creative process and evolution of this game. In short NICE TRY, BUT NO DICE!!!!
    • Like x 5
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

How about bonus marks for balanced groups.

AOD and RTN all have no/weak aoe damage from enemies which is why no healer is required. Alerts nowadays give out crappy loot and are so easy you can do them half asleep with a 4 dps group.
    • Like x 5
  19. smoove76 Committed Player

Now that's an Idea THANK YOU for the input:D
    • Like x 1
  20. smoove76 Committed Player

Thank you! point taken
    • Like x 1