Sony/DC - you're just making it too easy for them

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ScarletGhost, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ScarletGhost Level 30

I know, I'm asking for it with this post, but I just feel the need to speak up.

1. Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, we play video games.
    2. Yes, I know that DCUO cannot control the players and how they act.

That being said, this DLC makes it too easy for the...how shall I say this...less mature?...players to make this game a little less tolerable for women.

Thanks to DC Comics and this new DLC, I now spend my days in Alerts and Ops not fighting bad guys, opponents, villains, or mobs.

Instead, I get to spend the day fighting skanks, *******, tricks, and ******.

Maybe I'm just having terrible luck with the pugs I get into, but thanks to cleavage focused cut scenes and the charming lack of clothing of Star Sapphires (I know that's how they are in the comics. In addition to playing video games, I'm also that rare woman collector of comics, and not just 'girl' comics. I've owned Avengers #1 long before there was a movie ;) ) it just seems to be bringing out the high schooler in everyone.

So I thought I'd put this out there and then go back to my asbestos bunker to avoid the flames, but is there any chance you guys (players) might tone it down a bit? Or is this a rare thing that I just am having the misfortune of pugging into?
    • Like x 27
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

You havent seen anything yet. Just wait until you have a mouth breathing teenager comment on their outfits through voice chat for the entire alert. Good times.
    • Like x 14
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There's literally nothing that the developers can do without turning the game into a police state where the tiniest infraction results in punishment.

It's bad enough here on these forums where you can't say something without someone else being offended, reporting it and the next thing you know, you're banned.

I'm pretty sure you don't want that. I know I personally don't.

I take my own liberties. If people offend or aggravate me, I add them to my Ignore list. Job done. I don't have to read or hear their BS, it can't aggravate me into responding to it and everyone can go on enjoying the game.
    • Like x 24
  4. MentosTroll Loyal Player

The devs knew what they were doing...they knew.
    • Like x 5
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Posts like these make me wish I could give multiple thumbs ups.... Never used the block feature of these forums until I received a 5 day break last month... Now I add people just so I know I won't get in trouble with them. LOL
    • Like x 6
  6. ScarletGhost Level 30

I am not reporting people. I'm not asking the devs to do something.

I'm just wondering if folks can tone it down. That's all.
  7. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Truer words have not been said on this forum for a long time

*ducks in case someone gets offended
    • Like x 7
  8. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Some are respectful enough to tone it down which is a very good thing and I applaud them for that....others....not so much sadly.
    • Like x 5
  9. Little Sister New Player

I haven't experienced this. Perhaps don't PUG ?

EDIT: Or just disable Voice Chat, or mute them. There are plenty of options. Heck, I've muted someone in my own league because they are constantly coughing and eating chips.
    • Like x 16
  10. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

you ever played call of duty?
    • Like x 4
  11. Marine Death Committed Player

Not that I see anything wrong with pugging but aren't you in that league?
  12. ScarletGhost Level 30

Here's the thing.

I've been playing MMOs since they began. I get that there are people in the game who are offensive, and yes, I just ignore them (or I poke sticks at them for my amusement). I know there are other games that are worse, and so I generally avoid them.

I've been playing DCUO since Beta. I know what the community is like. It has just struck me over the past week as if the worst of the worst have come crawling out from the woodwork with this new DLC. It's really ramped up a lot in some of the pugs I've been in (and it's typed in group chat, not voice chat). Someone gets taken down by an add, they tell the tank 'pull those skanks' or 'nail that *****!'

As I said, it could just be that I've been drawing the short straw in pugs lately and I'm getting all the GTA players ;)

And yes, I'm in a league - I just play at times when we don't necessarily have enough leaguers on to run stuff.

(didn't realize that the 'b' word and the 'w' word would be ***** out here)
    • Like x 1
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I have a custom channel set up for stuff like this. I just tab over if the conversation isn't something I want to be a part of :)
    • Like x 2
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Maybe the star sapphires should wear more clothes
    • Like x 2
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Blacklist, the end.
    • Like x 1
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Pugging is necessary at times. How many friends on PSN do you have to where you never pug in any MMO at all?
    • Like x 1
  17. Little Sister New Player

I don't think any of my PSN friends play DCUO.
  18. Marine Death Committed Player

I'm sorry you had to go through this. Unfortunately there's not much the Devs can do about voice chat.

I say mute them at the start of the alert or raid and say you don't have a microphone. If they want to talk to you tell them to type it. If it is typed then It can be enforceable.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tikkun Loyal Player

I pug a lot and haven't ever had problems severe enough to make me upset or feel degraded.

I absolutely love the empowering image of the Star Sapphires, the story of Hal and Carol, and the style of the new DLC. To me it isn't simply scantily clad dress, it's a statement. Super heroines showing off their femininity and taking pride in their body image is empowering to me, not degrading. I am proud to be female and I'd rather not hide.

Players can say what they want about their dress. I'm still staying true to what I see and believe.
    • Like x 18
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Maybe they should be able to wear whatever the hell they want without immature people acting like idiots over it.
    • Like x 27