Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Your sig will most likely get you another warning....but please carry on! Pretty soon you'll get yourself banned
    • Like x 1
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Noobs will be noobs. The game is still too casual to keep people from having the required skillset from attempting to play with those that do, and without living in a league-only bubble, you're going to get some of the worst MMO groups (between varying skill sets, among other things) when playing DCUO.

You can't blame the devs for trying to make content more difficult and more complex, because that's the natural progression of things in such games, but at the same time you can't forgive players for NOT falling prey to a lack of role knowledge and expertise because A - the game rarely enforced the progression of such skills, and B - the game's progression design was eventually changed so that 'A' would not factor into the progression of players in the game as they would simply be relegated to small group content. This alone isn't going to keep them from trying to score easy off being carried in more difficult content. Aaaaaand C - this would also be the lack of stat capping, which allows the prior mentioned behavior to continue unabated. C is used to ensure the profit margin does not decline. The side effects of C have been known to the dev team for some time as well. In order to stay truly competitive, C will need to be resolved, which is why there are discussions now of possible stat clamping in DCUO.
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

While I would normally agree, they're adding it to the current game update on test and said they feel the positives outweigh the negatives, just like when they had the app discussions. Not sure what else you feel they need to say?

I read that as we're implementing it because we feel it's in the best interests of the game. It'll be the same line when they release the official app I'm guessing. People will ask for an opt out and they'll say they think the positives outweigh the negatives... Then two weeks afterward people will be complaining about something different and we won't see any threads on the app or the CR showing....

I can't wait personally, I like that I'll be able to see the CR I have for each role.
    • Like x 2
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Just because you feel SP and CR aren't that important doesn't mean that he can't feel that way. He's allowed to ask for whatever players he wants to make a group, just like you're allowed to make a group and say that CR and SP doesn't matter to you.

You may feel his requests are asinine and some of the ones I see totally are, but if you feel they are then you don't have to join his group.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheTruthTeller New Player

So let's get this right, many people complain about getting kicked from content due to CR ratings and your solution is to make it easier for people to see Cr? Between this change and the PvP change where you intend to punish people just because they get paired up with someone that wants to cause them grief makes me realize what the biggest issue is with this game. It is not the PS3 - it is the leadership. It doesn't matter how good the dev's are when their bosses are brain dead and telling them to ruin the game. The only way this game will ever really be able to compete is if the leadership is replaced by competent personal. I feel sorry for the dev's that try to do a good job but aren't allowed to.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do believe that at least part of the kicking issue is caused by player ignorance - everyone has a bad run at some point, and then some go out of their way to not have one ever again - not because the information is available, but because it isn't. In the long term, actually having accurate information may improve the situation.

Even if it doesn't, displaying equipped CR is improved functionality in many ways as mentioned above. As we've seen with the same complaints about the app displaying character data, there hasn't been significant impact in-game, and several sites are using the data in interesting and awesome ways that benefit everyone.
    • Like x 12
  7. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Any chance we can have even more info available? I mean I don't make groups based on stats, but I surely don't want to play with people with bad attitudes. So knowing how many times someone's been reported/ignored/banned would go a long way in helping me and othes like me build groups. That's the reason you guys are making all that other info available right?to make grouping decisions more transparent no?
    • Like x 1
  8. Little Sister New Player

^ I agree with Mepps. In the future, hopefully, there will be less kicking from CR, now that it will be available for everyone to see. Maybe someone votes to kick a 104 from Intergang Crime Wave because the others are 109. Then someone speaks up and says "I always run this with 104s, it's not a problem. Let them stay." Or something like that. I think in the long term it will be better.
    • Like x 6
  9. Lionxoft Committed Player

Thanks for the morning laugh. They will never provide you with data regarding how many times someone has been "reported/ignored/banned" or any other actions against their account as it breaks the player's privacy.

If you're checking everyone in the census app before grouping with them then you need to take a step back and log off. Just group up and enjoy yourself in game. There isn't an instance in this game that is difficult to complete.
    • Like x 1
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I think i need to be better at sarcasm :oops::rolleyes:o_O
    • Like x 3
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

You can roughly determine CR by simply inspecting the gear set and mods used. Adding another label on to the UI isn't going to be good or bad.

On the overall topic regarding player behavior in regards to kicking players for non-performance or skill related metrics. Who the hell cares? I can't count anymore the times I or a close buddy of mine have outperformed higher CR players. It happens all the time. Just because you have better gear and mods doesn't mean that you are good at being aware of boss mechanics or maxing your DPS. Granted, DCUO lacks any sort of intelligent or interesting boss mechanic since FOS2/3 were relevant.

This community in this game is so hilarious. As opposed to making judgments based on output and performance they base it off of a number that one could have been "carried" to achieve.

If you really want to be an egotistical try-hard player then these are the stats you should be concerned with:
    • DPS
    • HPS
    • PPS
    • Deaths
    Sadly this game doesn't even have a meter for the first 3 of those statistics besides just a cumulative throughout the instance which doesn't reflect the performance of group members or yourself. They can often be inflated in manners that are non-objective.
  12. Little Sister New Player

How am I egotistical ? If you should have gotten anything from my post, it's that I don't think players should be kicked by CR and that I think it will happen less ! Unless maybe you quoted the wrong person by mistake ...
    • Like x 2
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

I stated that "If you wanted to be an egotistical try-hard then these are the stats you should be concerned with".

You were quoted for the first point I made in my post regarding a pointless label when we already have the inspect feature. I'll separate them for clarity.
    • Like x 1
  14. Little Sister New Player

Ah ok. I was like what the heck lol
  15. Jamie New Player

And will this feature be removed if you end up being wrong? I think the reason you do not see much change from the app is that people are lazy. If you make it this easy for them to see this information then they will kick more.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's probably not so much laziness as it is convenience. I imagine it is far more convenient for a PC player to look things up with the browser based apps than it is a PS player. Does the PS3/4 have a browser? If so, is it as easy to get to as pressing ALT + TAB or having a second monitor?
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

Thanks for speaking up, this is something that really needs to be said.

If you haven't voted no to a random kick of someone purely because they were the lowest CR in the group or haven't spoken up to a group leader who's made you wait because they keep asking for ridiculous requirements then you are, at least in a small way, part of the problem.

Just about everyone acknowledges away from the game that requirements are ridiculous, the problem is that not enough are doing it in game.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jamie New Player

With as many people that have tablets and smart phones I am willing to bet that most players could easily use the app while playing the game. I am also willing to bet that there are many players that do not want to do that but are willing to kick players that have a Cr lower than they want. Now that the information will be on display these people will start to kick more frequently.
  19. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Is there any chance we can have an option to not be grouped with someone we have placed on ignore if we queue?
  20. akaivy Dedicated Player

Oh, I so agree with this! There are so many positives about this app that have nothing to do with kicking someone for their stats. I think this is the best thing to happen in DC in a while.

Anyway, I came into this thread all ready to agree then I read it and now I do not agree. I don't care if people see my CR.

I thought this was going to be about your CR changing if you equipped different gear from your armory, so it would give you the cr of the gear you had on. My dps gear is not as good as my healer gear. But I can use the CR calculator to figure that out. Which is another great thing developed for dcuo.
    • Like x 1