Nerfs not in patch notes

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by pitbullb3, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Alfytheyordle New Player

[IMG]
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

I play this game 30+ hrs a week and been legendary since nov 2011 locke, while i may not have the diagnostic tools that pc has or access to a test server, i know how much my main hits for on a wm combo i do literally a thousand times a week. I've given specific information and i am not getting a specific response. I really don't care if you nerfed sorc i only care if you do it and don't tell us. When i spend a hundred bucks a month on top of my sub i expect direct answers and transparency from the game developers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Loche Developer

First off, rude comments like that is one of the ways to not get read and will not help the cause of people who are genuinely trying to help. Second, I did read that, I don't see how this tells me if it was the same on PCTest or not. It also doesn't change the fact that the revision history on the abilities show no change before GU41, corrupted smite specifically hasn't been touched (data side) since March. Please read my questions again, and educate me on where this tells me that it was the same or different on PCTest.

For everyone else, I am still trying to track anything down. No one is dismissing the claims. But like I have said before on other bugs, 90% of fixing a bug is reproducing it. We have to track down how this discrepancy is happening. There are no intentional nerfs here, we are just trying to track down issues reported.
    • Like x 9
  4. Loche Developer

No problem with the English I understand. Thank you for the info. I will pass it around more, maybe we can get some leads
    • Like x 4
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I can't find the link, but it was a video of a player casting wm---》transmutation and hitting the crit window like 4-5 times straight w/o a crit. If anyone could find the link please post it to help the devs see what the problen is with sorcery atleast.
  6. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Have you or anyone looked at the variance for gadgets EMP boost? You should see that following 3 power interactions or distract EMP will do the same amount of damage it was prior to the update. If you use stealth then return to normal and then EMP the damage is drastically reduced. Prior to the update it did the same amount of damage as following distract or 3 power interactions.
  7. eanur Well-Known Player

The Dev's said in another post that the damage EMP was doing was not intended. It was hitting twice (im not 100% certain what that means) but it was fixed and now doing the damage it is supposed to.
  8. Terri Ashra Committed Player

That was about being able to get the boosted damage from one setup and get boost to EMP and P Dart or get 2 boosted EMPs for one setup. That was fixed but an entirely different issue then what I'm asking about.

I'm asking about the damage boost from stealth to EMP being halved from what it was pre update.
  9. Terri Ashra Committed Player

It's not my fault he doesn't know how to do what he wants to do :p

A better parallel would have been if other buffs didn't persist through form changes, but at least 3 others do so it's a moot point.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I just want to add to this I've recently spoken with loche specifically when we were trying to get jack hammers after shock tanking aspect fixed..... He is very willing to talk with you and try and figure out an issue and see where the problem lies ....

However you have to bring him all the facts so he can research it and figure it out otherwise he is blindly looking for it .. Keep that in mind when talking about the bugs
    • Like x 3
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

Mepps always restores my faith in this game with how he puts up with us. Loche is now on my short list for the same reason you mention.
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Loche,
    After another test on my DPS last night, I am having a hard time finding any real decrease in my damage. I have no doubt that the others are seeing something, I just am not.

This leads me to a question for you and the other Devs; has a change been made to how damage is calculated when in your role, ie - healer, controller, tank?

The reason I'm asking (and this is Celestial specific) is a few of the people noticing the decreases in damage tend to run a hybrid build.

The only reason this question has come to mind is -
    Numerous people are noticing this
    Many of those run Healer or Hybrid
    I don't run Healer, I don't run Hybrid, I saw no major change in my damage
    Therefore, it is possibly linked to how damage is calculated for roles.

To the other Celestial community members: Sorry for not being able to give any more accurate info, though, please, Loche and the others are trying, they are looking into this, give them a chance to fix it. What we need to do is post only information. This will help the devs speed up the process. Ask questions that could lead to a solution, but let's try to avoid being to aggressive about it. That doesn't help our cause or our toons :)
    We have the Devs attention here, and that's 2/3 of the battle. Let's make sure they want to keep coming back :)
    Cheers All :D
    • Like x 3
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed. As for the claims, if there were changes to how damage is calculated in various roles, that should have a global effect, and everyone should be reporting problems. Same thing if it was due to a change in the Max Damage mod, as some have suggested. It's simply not happening. The nerf reports have mainly been from a few people citing anecdotal evidence from uncontrolled observations. I have been unable to reproduce it. I tested two of the most used Celestial combos, RcW and PcDL, and the base damage values are unchanged. These tests were performed on the live server, not the test server. I can't say absolutely that nothing is going on, but if there is, I'm not seeing it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

And that was why I was asking. I also thought that if a change like that had gone through, we would have been hearing more from the Rage and Hard Light camps as well. But, as I wasn't seeing the reduction in damage, it was the only thing my brain could think of that I wouldn't be able to check.
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Gadgets is fine. All they did was correct a bug with EMP that should have never existed in the first place. :)
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  17. Devlin14 New Player

Not sure if anyone noticed, what is up with POT reduction in troll role? At 3735 vit, I was ticking at 341. Since the update, I tick at 331. This is a significant reduction. Was this intended or is this accidental as well?
  18. Loche Developer

I dont know how more direct a person can be when we say we didnt nerf anything. I have spent days trying to track down all the claims.
    • Like x 7
  19. Loche Developer

Very good question. I am not aware of anything, but at least I have another lead to track down. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  20. Loche Developer

Agreed, it should be more widespread if it was an issue with calculations. Most of the reports are from celestial, but a few are from Fire and Sorcery. That is why I am trying to run down any leads I have.

Thus far this is what I have found:
    • No change to the data for any ability reported, or any ability for Celestial.
    • We log all damage done in the game for all abilities. I did a check for DPS on some specifically reported Celestial abilities for Pre-GU42 and post GU-42. Right now data shows a slight increase in DPS. I am now doing larger queries with all Celestial abilities across specific NPCs, like SM bosses and Sparring Targets. I will also include all the reported non-Celestial abilities.
    • I am also bringing up a server running the build previous to GU42, and will compare the data from it to a GU42 build.
    Hopefully we will either find that there isnt anything wrong, or what is specifically wrong.
    • Like x 11