Fliers should be grounded in pvp arena's

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Yallander Loyal Player

If the devs institute this change for PVE then it goes beyond what was discussed regarding PVPers concerns. Heck even changes to WM combos shorter than 3 seconds wasn't something PVPers suggested. Most PVPers just wanted WM damage balanced for PVP only as the burst was out of control. There have also been PVErs that want adjustments to WM. My guess is they took the comments from both sides and made their decision.

Several GU's ago on the Test forums or Developer Discussions Tunso was stating they now have the technology to separate changes for PVP or PVE. They've clearly done that with many things as of late, however how easy it is I'm not sure.

The devs have a long history of taking what is being discussed and going beyond that (whether it is for the good or bad.)
    • Like x 1
  2. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Lol yeah that is a good tactic jump up and down they will never hit u get real. flight can get vertical too and the best thing is they never have to land look another advantage.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Flight isn't bad. My whole point is that flight comes with a unique advantage. That advantage also comes paired with disadvantages. With super speed there was no disadvantage.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Except you do move and you're understating the distance.

As per flight see my previous post.
  5. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No that was just a lazy way to nerf SS so they could sell respec tokens for Skimming.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dylan Top5 New Player

Super speed doesn't have the ability to fight while being in the air, that's a disadvantage compared to flight. Flight is also the same speed as Acro while in combat

Like I said, you can pick and chose who to lunge or block break due to having a much better and clearer view of the fight. I never said to mindlessly spam WM
  7. Talve Dedicated Player

No. If one guy from the whole team is doing it, it already nullifies this flying spamming.

Also. There is a nice thing called situational awareness.
    Isis is 4v4 deathmatch. There are only 2-3 opponents in sight. Hmm, maybe it's a good idea to spend this half a second to check air for a moment.

So flight can get easier target once at start of the fight while superspeed can easily kite around all fight with no downside or resource cost. Seems legit.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

All they did was adjust the IF so that grounding effects were equal on all travel powers. The discussion was PVP related based on grounding mechanics for PVP. Once again if the devs decided to change this for PVE as well, it wasn't based on any PVPers request or discussion.
  9. Dylan Top5 New Player

On a slightly related note:

Lunge granting dodge NEEDS to stay, and the slower lunges like handblaster and bow need to get sped up. Reason being, it's the only thing I can do to not get full lifed by a flier and buy myself time while I am moving the slow PS camera to try to locate them directly above my head.
  10. Dylan Top5 New Player

Matches aren't static... They change throughout the course of a battle, so what may seem like there are no fliers in the air one second, may not be the case 10 seconds from then.
  11. minuteofdecay Committed Player

They have no disadvantage if they aren't attacking with a hold range attack they can stay flying and using powers heck I'll bet if u practice u can bait someone with BB and then block to counter their lunge.
    I get that some healers could kite and use IF but that was before the power increase with this gear, now u can only cast three or four heals before ur out of power and with the nerf to healing that isn't enough to save ur teammates. So I think that paired with better grounding would have been enough to stop most if not all the kiting.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That is the entire point of having situational awareness. If you can't keep track of where your opponents are, you might want to try a smaller match size until you can work yourself up to that point.
    And flight is slower to gain vertical distance than super speed. And in order to stay up there and still contribute, it's pretty much going to have to be vulnerable to interrupts.
    And when you lunge you're going to be coming back down into the battle, actually quite possibly putting yourself at a bit of a disadvantage for a few moments.
    • Like x 1
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

But it isn't grounding doing it it is combat u go in combat from anything. And I mean anything a lv5 add in Gotham can stop my 108 cr 188 sp toon.
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Spamming powers isn't viable in most cases. Even AM's that deal high damage are going to leave you vulnerable to interrupt. Some windows need to be extended (IE nature) to actually make it risky to use them.

What do you not understand about grounding and super speed? If you ground a super speed player after they have used IF they still get the movement boost. It's how IF behaves.
  15. Dylan Top5 New Player

Lunging and putting yourself in battle simply brings the flight user down to the same playing field as Acro and Flight. That's not a disadvantage

I get it, the majority of players are flight, they are coming out with a new flight variant, flight will probably never get balanced... But don't blow smoke up my *** and tell me that there is no advantage to being flight.
  16. minuteofdecay Committed Player

And neither is spamming heals while kiting now. There isn't an advantage to kite now u can't attack u can't spam heals u can't spam recharge.
    Then change that don't make combat do ur grounding for u. What part of that isn't sinking in?
    • Like x 1
  17. Talve Dedicated Player

You talked about Isis 4v4, which is the most cluster**** team death match out there.
    And that "1 random blockbreaker that catches you off guard" in your non static matches can come from any of the movement modes.
    Acro can throw it out while coming out of flight. SS can do it while falling into battle. Anyone can come from blind angle.

And i do understand that playstation guys can have a little issue with it. I have tried to play the game on PC with 360 controller myself and i wanted to kill myself.

Hmmm, interesting. I have enough power for 7. Not counting all the power my power troll pushes out on me.

And this is why kiting is even more important than before. The more damage a guy under focus fire can mitigate by kiting around the less healing is actually required. Its ridiculous how bad lots of hitboxes on abilities and weapon combos are in this game. The amount of damage you can mitigate just by jumping around like a dumba*ss with SS is just crazy.

This just shows that you know nothing about PvP healing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

Grounding and combat speeds are two different things. Grounding is the use of a power which effectively "turns off" movement modes for the few seconds
    • Like x 1
  19. Dylan Top5 New Player

This. they made a change that would have been useful last season. This season, it's just a pointless nerf.

Like a flier up in the sky not being vulnerable to interrupt is not "contributing". A speedster running away and "kiting" is not contributing.
  20. minuteofdecay Committed Player

And now combat does it for u against SS