Fliers should be grounded in pvp arena's

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Talve Dedicated Player

SS nerf will help.
    There will always be kiting.
    Just one of the most risk free and easiest to use options got adjustment.
    But lunges, rolling, even normal running speed in combat is enough to cause people trouble trying to hit you.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dylan Top5 New Player

But if done right, lunge kiting is far superior than SS kiting. So why nerf one without nerfing the other?
  3. Talve Dedicated Player

Lunge:
    + Has dodge effect
    + Isn't affected by grounding
    - Requires certain weapons
    - Accidental counters
    - Affected by pets / surrounds
    - Have to release target
    - Have to stop movement to cast
    - Limited camera movement while kiting

SS kiting:
    - No dodge effect
    - Is affected by grounding (well...recent addition)
    + No weapon requirements
    + Completely safe
    + As long as there is even little movement room, not affected by surroundings
    + Do not have to clear target
    + Can keep up momentum while using abilities
    + Easy camera movement while kiting

Is lunge kiting good? Heck yes!
    Is it "far superior"? What are you smoking?

Why to nerf 1 and not another? What kind a question is even that? Why isn't Deathstroke and Grod already playable if you can use Green Arrow!?!?! Why isn't DLC 20 released already! Things are done step by step. People said SS is an issue. They took a look. Took some development time. Worked it out. Who said they will not end up changing how lunging works. Give it some time. Resources are limited.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

Your list is about as biased as the video that Sparty posted to get SS nerfed. Wow!

It's so wrong that I'm not even going to waste my time, so many contradictions that I wouldn't know where to start.
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

No, really. Fix my list. What is so biased about it?
  6. Dylan Top5 New Player

I'll break it down when I got nothing better to do in a few hours
  7. ??? Well-Known Player

Corrected for you :D
    • Like x 1
  8. ??? Well-Known Player

Is biased because you don´t agree with them :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

As much as I wanted to say this and suspect that's the case and more likely has to do with them being on the PS instead of PC I do tend to give Dylan the benefit of the doubt because with the exception of this he tends to be pretty spot on with most of his PvP stuff.
    • Like x 1
  10. Talve Dedicated Player

Wait? So now i do not agree with my own list? I'm lost.

It would not make any sense though as lunge kiting is actually hard to do on PS while SS kiting is extremely easy even on pad.
  11. ??? Well-Known Player

[IMG]

This one never gets old :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. ??? Well-Known Player

True dat.
  13. Dylan Top5 New Player

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, thanks I guess. I've been meaning to make a thread about the PS right stick and adding a sensitivity option for the past few months but just never got around to it. I've made several posts about it in various threads and even suggested adding it with the UI revamp. Carp said it wasn't part of the UI but he will relay the message.

But yeah, the PS is terrible with it's bad targeting and super slow camera movement. That may be part of the problem
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Even if anyone figure out who is in the air flip camera around and lunge, that player have gotten atleast on full range wm combo of with hb and maybe 2 with dw. How is that not an advantage? The clear fix would have been is to ground all movements in pvp.
  15. Dylan Top5 New Player

i agree, the time it takes to target a flier can mean about a full WM combo. Grounding all movements in combat is too extreme though. What they should do is just make attacking or using powers affect flight, the same way it affects SS and acro. Pretty much when Acro or SS attacks, they fall straight to the ground, but when they are finished they can double jump, even while in combat. Flight should fall straight to the while attacking, but still be able to fly while in combat.
  16. Gwalir Loyal Player

I've always wondered why Superspeed's main draw seems to be Inertial Flywheel. We don't see Flash or Zoom jumping all over the place after all.

What I think they should do is make it so Superspeed gets more actual horizontal speed. Currently Acrobatics can be faster than it via Rocket-Assisted Glide, which to me at least seems wrong.
  17. Saiyan King New Player

Noooooooooooooo the only advantage flight has is to be in the air. You hit a guy with flight once boom he's a sitting duck. Moves real slow in combat, and speed and acro can easily space better each has a pro and con
  18. Saiyan King New Player

Plus in comp pvp if you were flight you would get focused and destroyed because you can't kite. That's why everyone that pops in 4s and 5s is ss so if anything nerf speed
  19. John Brawler Committed Player

so, basically you want flight to be grounded, so that any time they attack they drop to the ground, however if that's the case then both other movement modes have the massive advantage that after attacks they can double jump, need anyone remind you how slow vertical or any movement with flight is? you want flight grounded, yet when someone suggests that all movement modes is grounded you say it's too extreme.

you've said many times that flight should be grounded when they attack, but still allowed to fly in combat, this is either lack of any attempt to understand the movement or just a straight out lie to basically pull the "i'm getting nerfed so remove this all together" without the ability to stay in the air flyer's might as well turn off flight the second the match starts otherwise their speed and agility is next to nothing which is only accepted because of the advantage that being in the air grants.
  20. Dylan Top5 New Player

I don't want flight to be grounded, I just want fliers to follow the same rules as SS and Acro. Grounded means that they can't access their movement mode, that will not be the case. Fliers just should not have access to their movement mode while attacking. Both other movement modes do not have access to their movement mode while attacking, so what's the issue with balance?

I'm sorry you depend on staying tucked away in the air and attacking to pvp, but according to some of the better PVPers, that's putting yourself at a "disadvantage". So what's the issue with it being removed?

Fliers say it's risky and bad to stay in the air to fight, but when someone says to take away that ability and make flight on the same playing field with SS and Acro, fliers freak out and claim it's a revenge nerf, lol. Stop contradicting yourselves.
    • Like x 1