Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

That's Sony for you.

But in all honesty, if you're legendary and you have room, just make a new toon and try it out. Then maybe wait a couple months and buy it with your Loyalty Points.
    • Like x 1
  2. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

static movement is almost here

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I must admit I haven't been paying much attention to this as most of my characters are super-speed....but can you please tell me where this was stated? I wouldn't mind checking it out on my latest toon....but damned if I'm going to pay for it.
    • Like x 1
  5. junglejim New Player

Just as superspeed gets destroyed for pvp. Who'd have thought it
    • Like x 5
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Superspeed is getting "nerfed" because of the advantages it had over others in PVP. Skimming is just reskinned flight and flight is regarded as the worst movement mode in combat so I highly doubt anybody would switch from SS to Skimming because of that. Superspeed is still the fastest movement mode in combat, regardless of the change.
    • Like x 11
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

Woohoo! I can finally create my hero The Silver Skimmer; who fight for truth and justice with his awesome powers of skimming and...
    and... and...
    gosh, I was so focused on the new flight mode, I never really thought this all the way through.
    • Like x 3
  8. Stuffy132 New Player

I think as a paid access feature you should be able to have your first pick (Flight, Acrobatics, Super-Speed), You should be able to buy access to have more then 1 movement feature. I'm not sure though, I thought there might be gear in the game to replace a possible paid access feature (More then 1 movement feature). It is just a idea and can produce more profit.
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

I really, REEEEAAALLLLLYYYY hope they decide to make another vault-drop-movement-mode equip for skimming. It would only make sense since the other three already exist :D

Call them Mister Miracle's Aero-Discs and make it a feet equip. Pretty pleeeeeeease?
    • Like x 13
  10. Meta Man New Player

I agree Bobburt, those speed force boots are one of the things that keep me running to the vault with my alts. Plus, I think a new travel power is really cool, even if I haven't seen it yet. This game is great at adding new content, but I still find that making my characters exactly how I imagine them visually can be a little challenging and I would like more content geared toward the characters' cosmetic dynamics. More costume options would be great, but the new auras that just came out and a new spin on travel is a really good step in the right direction. I'm excited for this.
    • Like x 3
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Do it devs....do itttttt.
  12. Jamie New Player

I'll have to look for it. Mepps stated that it will cost $10 to switch to it and it is only a reskin. If it was an actual movement mode with it's own powers I would say the price was fair. The other alternative would be to sell it for $5 and have it available for all toons like a weapon pack.
    • Like x 1
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

o_O $10 for a reskin? I think that goes into the "thanks, but no" bucket.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Things like this make me think the lights are going out soon.....
    • Like x 1
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they never gave a price on how much buying Skimming itself will be. It will be $10 for a movement respec token yes, but if you're premium or free you also have to buy Skimming, for which I believe no price has been announced.
    • Like x 5
  16. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Sweeeeeet!!
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Already show casing a new movement mode yet there are so many issues with power sets like quantum pi bug, HL lack of ranged aoe, celestial ridiculous long animations etc....how about these get looked at before a movement mode gets added.
  18. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

It will be at least a week before we see a YouTube posting.

As for a Vault drop, I agree. We have Batman's gauntlets (of gripping) for Acrobatics, Flash boots for Super-Speed....I can't recall if there's one for Flight......having a "New Genesian Aero-Pads" item would be a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kyzax New Player

J
    Joker Jet pack is the flight vault drop.
    • Like x 2
  20. True Zen New Player

well, looks like its almost time for an upgrade. :cool: