Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As announced this year at SOE Live, Skimming is a new movement mode variant for flight coming soon to DC Universe Online. Want to see more?

Tune in tomorrow (October 1, 2014) for a gameplay preview with Spytle and Mepps! The livestream will begin at 3:00PM PDT live on our official Twitch channel.

• Like x 38
  2. Nobod¥ New Player

When can we see it on youtube?
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

look at Mepps sig their official pages are linked there including youtube.
  4. Tikkun Loyal Player

Get excited!
  5. Nobod¥ New Player

And is there any date that this movement or power will be coming out?
  6. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello Everybody,

QUESTION: Will the new movement mode come with it's own set of feats or will it just use the feats from flight?
  7. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

They will be the Flier Feats and Races. They said during the Keynote at SOE Live that this was just a different look for flying and was still essentially Flight.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    :D
    • Like x 4
  8. Quintus Adrien Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Cognac Staxx New Player

I can't wait!
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Wont be able to watch it, but can't wait for it to be released.... You guys have been busy lately Mepps. :D
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

no it's another flight skin is all.
  12. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello Everybody,
    Thank you for the info. I was hoping for some easy feats.
  13. Blight KOBRA Commander

Hopefully they'll share a little info on when we can see customizing all the movement modes, based on powertypes, as well. On it's own skimming seems somewhat interesting, but throw in the ability to change it's look based on the different power types available, and I think players will be having a blast. I can just imagine Spytle getting a kick out of his Earth character skimming around on a pair of floating granite slabs.
    • Like x 5
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

If this works out well, it could make a pogo stick acro reskin very realistic.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fightingbudha New Player

I'm really pumped about this, I thought it was going to be later sometime next year they would put this out, I hope this means it will be a lot sooner. Good job guys
    • Like x 2
  16. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Since its a flight variant, will all flight users have the ability to just choose skimming like how we chose the style of our weapons? Or are we going to have to actually switch movement modes?
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Just seem funny nerfing a movement mode right before another is released
    • Like x 1
  18. Jamie New Player

You are actually going to have to pay to switch movement modes and possibly own the DLC that it is attached to. It is essentially a reskin of flight but considered another movement mode. It is just a easy cash grab for SOE. They make a minor change and charge full price rather than creating a new movement mode with new abilities.
    • Like x 3
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

About time. I won't be changing to it (combat effectiveness) but it should look cool.
  20. Alex harbin New Player

Is there a re
    Is there a relase date?