Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DCUController New Player

I think if its just a skin then it only needs to be $5 or something because you also have to factor in the cost of movement respec tokens at $10 a token.

what your asking people to spend for a new movement for 0 new feats is crazy, and imo down right robbery.
  2. Solid-Snake New Player

Cool can't wait, this might make it easier for me then
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Thumbs up to this.
    • Like x 2
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

It is essentially flight. And you won't be able to save discs to one armory and regular flight to another. It is considered its own movement skill in the software's eyes. So, switch to it only if you want to keep it.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

6. tomuchpressure New Player

When the market place having a sale
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Well did you think it was free...? Fliers get it for free, but speedsters and acros have to pay as usual. It's just a reskin. Speedsters and acros will get theirs down the track.
  8. PolarStHudson New Player

I have no idea what skimmig would even look like..Honestly though I don't even care if its cool or not im going to make the switch because I can ;)
  9. PolarStHudson New Player

but 10 dollars.....
  10. akaivy Dedicated Player

I don't think fliers get it for free either. It was stated it was a new movement mode. I hope we (fliers) get it for free, but I expect that's not the case.
  11. Ultimate Emperor New Player

That`s Cool Can`t wait to see it
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I heard from other people it was, free, and I saw on a thread somewhere that a Dev said it was free pretty sure. Can't remember where If we fliers do still have to pay, that's a bit scammy I think.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

If Skimming is considered as a "new" movement mode, I hope it atleast has some improvements compared to flight, especially if we are going to have to pay for it, even as a current flier or not.

Improvements: As fast as superspeed. Various options of styles on our "discs" that we can choose from and recolor,
    just like weapons choices.
    These two, that's enough for me to spend money for the change. If it's just a plain skin that has no improvements or differencies compared to flight, it's just wasted money.
  14. pauleta180 Well-Known Player

It was said at soe live that it was free for members but then on the forums it was said that its free only when you create a character. If you have a character that you want to switch it to you have to by a respect token for movement.
  15. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

so we get this but can't fix super speeds speedforce animation at the feet? I was hoping the speed animation can be related to whatever power the character has. (nature with vines, ice with icecaps, earth with rocks, quantum with quantum bubbles, etc etc)
  16. Owl Devoted Player

The Monitor Propulsion Pack (Joker Jetpack style) drops in the Vault and grants Flight.

It was stated at SOE Live that other Movement Mode variants and skins will be released in the future.
  17. guardzman New Player

According to the SOE live broadcast legendary will not pay for it
  18. NotPad Active Player

Why so late ?o_O
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

They won't pay for access, but they will have to pay for a movement respec, even if already flight.
  20. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I'm very interested to see how it looks, moves, functions. Two disks or one. Things like that.

BTW - HOBGOBLIN HERE I COME!!!
    [IMG]