Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

what do you guys think of this (its based of the loadout from spartacus) requires enduring damage and either handbasters or dual wield

inferno - fiery weapon - absorb heat - flame cascade - spontaneous combustion - mass det

before fight pre buff with mass det
    1 - solar flare clipped with inferno clipped with fiery weapon
    2 - explosive shot - absorb heat jump
    3 - explosive shot - spontaneous combustion - flame cascade
    repeat 3 until inferno and fiery weapon are ready to go, then
    4 - solar flare / inferno / fiery weapon - mass det
    then back to 3

if you have good trolls, drop AH for RS

I spent a couple days as ice and noticed keeping ice armor up is a great way to dps. so i wanted to try a 60% WM loadout. i still think a pure WM loadout will win, but this has everything packed into one.
    • Like x 1
  2. La Shark Dedicated Player

Looks promising.

I notice it says 60% rotation. Where should we then place Fireburst to make it so?
  3. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Mass Det applies the 60%
    • Like x 1
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I'm not sure how long the volatility lasts would be my concern. I will be starting with basically that rotation when the new stuff comes out to see how it does. I'll be running without absorb heat until proven it is needed.
  5. TheThud New Player

Why use flame cascade? You could cast fireburst in less time than it takes to cast FC 3 times and be into mass det faster.
  6. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

The reason I use flame cascade is because thermal absorption and volatility don't last long enough to get a wm combo spontaneous combustion and fireburst off. For a rotation like that you need to use brawling tap hold. This rotation isn't really to get ad many mas dets off as you can. Is to get as many wm spontaneous combustions off at 60 percent.

And to soulburn, explosive shot for hb with this rotation will keep both PIs up. But you can also use DW explosive shot if hb are cutting it too close, just sub a clipped double throw for solar flare

I'm also thinking of dropping the explosive shot before absorb heat. I would like to drop absorb heat all together, but I really don't wanna use robot sidekick
  7. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

I've briefly experimented with the brawling tap hold so I can use WM > SC > MD/FB and keep the PI's going. The damage didn't seem all that great. I never got to test it in SM, and only tried it once in TD, but it appears that the damage from Mass Det is still too low, too often to justify using it for anything more than the 60% modifier. It'd be great if somebody with max gear/might could chime in on that. I'd really like for the burst of it to be worth the cast/vulnerability.

Sparty's video rotation looks like the best blend between WM and AM I've come across so far.

If you cast FC 3x consecutively, it's really not THAT much slower than FB (it is slower, nonetheless). The main reason I now prefer FC is because if I get CC'd in my rotation, I usually have time to breakout and hit FC before I lose the PI's. With Fireburst as my extender, I'd likely have to restart the whole rotation much more often.
    • Like x 2
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I've come to prefer FC for the same reason.
    • Like x 1
  9. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Ok here is this loadout that i was testing the last days. This is a solid loadout to start with, but there´s another loadout i think will be the definitive for pvp. I´ll post the part 2 of my pvp findings soon. (Need to do more testing).

So use this for starters, but not as a definitive loadout yet.

• Like x 1
  10. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

thanks, i really appreciate it. even with dlc 11 out, i have been finding pvp must more enjoyable lately. its almost like ive found a completely new game.
    • Like x 1
  11. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

So today the moment i logged in game, the guys ninja´ed me to run the new raids. (None of us "practice" them on test server, and were able to complete them without major problems).

Right after a few minutes, i noticed the sidekick was dying just too fast, and the dmg was falling behind with my previous loadout.

I asked the guys for a couple mins, so i went to my base and tweaked the loadout, and am proud to tell you this one in particular works great. The rotation is similar to the previous video and is self explanatory. (PI Setup, WM > Spont Com> FC, and throw in the mix overheat). The crits from SC are just too good to miss, while Inferno+OH dots and SC procs run on the background.

(I strongly recommend DW with this rotation if possible, yet any weapon can get the job done).

Oh, and btw, this rotation is insanely fun! (Just watch the numbers fly).

Trust me, give it a try. You won´t regret it. ;)

• Like x 2
  12. Opamp Committed Player

I run a similar rotation - I would like to get some details on this one. It's tough to see in the video since you don't use the same rotation, you keep switching it up.

Few basic questions:
    Is FC aoe? And what makes it do additional damage? Does it cause burning?
    Is Overheat strong? How long does it burn for? Is it AoE?

How does this compare with something smaller, like:

WM->Inferno->WM->SC
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

FC is a frontal cone AoE. It increases Volatility, but it also extends the duration of Burning. I think that's the important thing in Sparty's loadout, since he doesn't use Mass Det (the only ability that benefits from Volatility) and FC does not benefit from the WM crit. Another nice perk of FC is the CC knock up. The real damage, though, is from WM + SC. Then, you have the DoTs from Inferno and Overheat. Honestly, I've not messed with Overheat, but will try it after seeing this. Curious about the use of Fireball Barrage over Volcanic Calamity. Do you find the damage is better, Sparty?
  14. Kingsnightshade New Player

That is the loadout I have been using as well, but instead of the supercharge I use the Meteor Strike which has nice damage and a extra DoT.
    I feel your pain as I got to Mister Miracle, my RS was getting crushed really fast and had to take it out.
  15. Opamp Committed Player

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

As I understood it, Fireburst creates volatility as well, but doesn't benefit from it? Does FC create volatility or increase it? If it just increases it, then I guess I understand the need for Overheat as that creates it.

I really want to use more moves in my loadout, but honestly the top damage combo I've been using is:

WM->Inferno->Firey Weapon->Fireburst (mod locks in 60%)
    Then just

WM->Ingerno->FireyWeapon->WM->SC->WM->SC->WM->SC

I also have Detonate in my loadout which can be used to replace SC on single targets. It does slightly less damage but costs less power. So depends on the quality of Trollers you have.
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

oFlame Cascade:
    §No longer causes additional damage to Burning, Frostbitten or Electrified enemies.
    §It now inflicts up to three levels of Volatility on Burning enemies.
    §Enemy Volatility levels increase damage.
    §The Thermal Absorption effect causes burning enemies to restore Power.
    §The duration of Burning, Volatility and Thermal Absorption effects are extended.
    §No longer affected by the Empowered Channeling tactical mod.

oMass Detonation:
    §Casting time reduced significantly.
    §Enemy Volatility levels also increase damage.
    §The Thermal Absorption effect causes burning enemies to restore Power.
    §The duration of Burning, Volatility and Thermal Absorption effects are extended.
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, Fireburst gives you the full 3 levels of Volatility with one cast. FC requires 3 casts to get you there. Neither benefit from Volatility, and those are the only two that set it up. Mass Det is the only ability that benefits from the Volatility PI. Detonate really isn't as good as it used to be, so I don't use it.
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Highlighted something I may have overlooked. I haven't done any testing yet, but is this implying FC is the only other power besides Mass Det that does more damage on enemies with volatility?

Also as you can see it does refresh the burning PI, so one less thing to worry about on high health targets
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

I don't think FC benefits from the Volatility PI. Just sets it up. If someone has evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.
  20. Opamp Committed Player

Mass det is the only one I think that uses it.

Also - it does almost no damage. My fireburst does more than Mass det =( =( =(