GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Pvp in this game is not fun and not bc I cant but one wm combo boom ur dead is that fun? Nope so why should pvp give more when im sure many only pvp for feats not bc its good.
  2. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

He says the devs took time to figure out numbers but its broke and prestige distribution is messed up. Yesterday I went from getting 0 to 306 in raids that im sure I shouldn't be getting it from. We already have to grind for 125k but we don't know what gives what or might not get anything.
    I'm sure many were looking forward to halls but this is brutal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Block, Interrupt > WM combo back.
    Half of the arena PvPers I have run into don't even know what a counter is.
    How ever legends requires a large sum of skill to run and master. Now winning 20 games in equal to one person walking into their base?. Seems legit.
    You are assuming Arena is the only thing that is PvP. That is the problem people do it for feats soley. If it were to grant higher level of prestige it would allow players TO ACTUALLY TRY in PvP. 20 valor and 40 valor is a gaint gap. 400 and 800 prestige.
    Now its pitiful small due to PvP not requiring replay badges and they just want a fast way so people spam replay badges in PvE content.
    • Like x 1
  4. MattTheViolator New Player

According to this I should have received 374 prestige for the T6 duos and alert. I got 202 on both my characters. Meaning I was shorted 344 prestige. Is this normal or something that is being addressed? I got more prestige running T5 content as a full T6 than I did running T6 content.
  5. Gomezness New Player

Honestly as a Justice Girl, we already hit our cap... what they should do is raise the cap. We have a hall finally but not much to spend on the fun stuff ^^
  6. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Which is why opinion should stay opinion and never become fact.
    If pvp were to become the biggest contributor, nobody would play the game. The GAME itself is the primary part of what makes up DCUO...
    Gearing up and trashing other players is a secondary aspect of the game. That's why PVP gear doesn't do squat in PVE instances.
    In MY opinion, and as a tangent part of the above statement, PVP shouldn't really get any prestige at all, that could give an edge in the PVE game. After all, PVP armor is completely and utterly useless in PVE instances.
    BUT: To be fair, what SHOULD have happened is a "Keep'em Separated" kind of thing. PVP League Halls NOT being the same as Game League Halls. PVP prestige cannot give you in-GAME bonuses that would provide an edge in PVE, and In-Game Prestige cannot provide any bonuses usable in PVP.

So there really should have been some PVP content added as well, so that the PVP dedicated Leagues out there would have their own agenda and goals to pursue with the League Hall update.

And THAT, folks, is just my lowly opinion that no Dev is going to take seriously, because I am just some nameless faceless PlayStation player that ISN'T a Dev with a voice, or PC player with access to Test and Feedback. The debates will rage on...
  7. 6000Degree New Player

You know that raids MONTHLY LOCKED don't give prestige?
    Prestige for raids should reset weekly or give 4x the current prestige.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aeon_Max New Player

hm.. MoV and MoF decrease => kick in ur balls.. i mean 1:20 is too much but 1:1 is spit in ur face => 1:5 till 1:8 is fair
    this balance for earning prestige is a bit strange!!! what is prestige? prestige is like reputation or fame

=> so why the hell i get less prestige doing more stuff in shorter time compared to a low cr char?

some of my league mates wanted to gear down their mains to get more prestige.. that is NOT progression i know

here is my proposal:
    fix prestige numbers like t1 solo 10prestige, t2 solo 15prestige, ... , t6 solo 73prestige
    => that would distinguish a high prestige/famous player from lower guy... more instances -> more prestige -> more fame

BTW:
    dox is bugged... NO PRESTIGE!!!
    • Like x 4
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So your logic is "Due to PvP not being the primary aspect of DCUO, Scarp it, Make it worth less then walking into your base?".
    PvP is as much as part of the game as PvE. Since when is SoE live tournaments based upon PvE?. Or FNL rankings based upon PvE?.
    Again according to your logic, PvP gear should not cost money, HT trinkets and mods be banned from PvP and any legends that can be bought using a DLC be removed.
    This is not a PvE game by any stretch.
    Lets hold FNL to be solely PvE content, and SoE live should be who can beat SM first!.
    Your opinions are ignored not due to you being a nameless PS player, its because you do not understand the game.
    Quoting you "Which is why opinion should stay opinion and never become a fact".
    We are not asking for PvP to be the biggest contributor we want it TO BE NOT WORTHLESS.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mass control New Player

OK, so i am a 103cr rage dps and i ran Mist recovery yesterday and earned 206 prestige. Today i just ran it and i gained 51 prestige. I thought the hotfix was to help higher tier players get full prestige not only 25% of it. If someone can help me understand better i will appreciate it
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Any chance Paradox will get fixed its not giving any prestige .
  12. Wanning Comet Committed Player

To be perfectly blunt you made it even more confusing and you didn't really increase the amount of prestige that a fully geared cr106 toon can acquire.

I've been mostly testing duos so far, but I got 8 prestige from Shady Nightclub--that's right were it should be--but I only got 21 from Knightsdome because the bosses in Knightsdome are cr95. I know that the Tyrant in Dox is cr102, so that most T5 content actually falls in band 4, so anyone that is above cr103 is basically not getting prestige from T5. I hope this isn't intended since you said this change was supposed to enable us to get prestige from a wider range of content and for T6 toons to have more options in getting full prestige.

Your equation basically forces us to write down the cr of every final boss we fight and do the math to figure out what we should get. To be blunt this is an awful set up as we should be able to know exactly how much prestige we'll get from an instance just by looking at where the instance is on the On Duty tab.

I would suggest that your band is determined by the highest tier of content you can que for in the On Duty tab, so 99 is the lowest "T6" band. You then make is so that if you're BandX, then you get full prestige from BandX and BandX-1, then 25% from BandX-2 and 10% from BandX-3.

This would mean as a T6 player I could run all T6 and T5 content for full prestige and then run all T4 and T3 content for a lower amount of prestige.

I see this as considerably simpler and more in line with your initial goal of allowing top tier players to get full prestige reward from more content.
    • Like x 8
  13. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

They dont even know how to Explain it, all I can say is run content at your on risk and hope to get some kind of prestige
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLoneLantern New Player

I would like you to name every main in your league using only your memory. You have like 1000 members in your "league." There is no reason for the devs to raise the cap just because your members with invite privileges don't have any self-control.

On topic: So, you finally made pvp have relevance in this game and 2 days later you kill it. Way to go! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. Zinbik Developer

We had a few problems with the Marks of Valor conversion.
    1. There are no lockouts for earning Marks of Valor.
    2. Maxxed out PvP players (which is a fair number of players) earn quite a few Marks of Valor per round and have nothing to otherwise spend them on.
    3. The number Marks of Valor earned will increase even further in the next season.
    We simply could not leave them balanced based on the average earnings of all active level 30 League members, as they were. As many posters pointed out, it would have resulted in a small number of players being able to cap out in very short order. Therefore, we rebalanced them based on the potentials of what people could earn instead.

There are no lockouts for PvP Prestige earnings, hence the reason why they had to be reduced in the first place.

It scales based on a logarithmic curve. Basically, the closer you get to the cap, the less you earn.

We were trying to avoid penalizing PUGing or playing with non-League members. While playing with League members directly contributes to the both of you earning Prestige, there's no direct advantage to it over doing the same activities with non-League members. There's already enough concern from players that don't want to join Leagues about being excluded as a result of that choice.

Incorrect. The minimum CR required for band 6 is 115. 106 is less than 115, but greater than 103, the minimum for band 5. Hence, you fall into band 5.

Yes.

That's actually the entire purpose of the weekly cap, to reduce the advantage to having such a larger than average League.

You were able to get a League Hall far faster and easier than most. In all likelihood, you will be able to maintain the maximum number (13) of Proficiencies going forward. The average League is meant to be able to maintain 10 Proficiencies. The caps keep the difference to 3 Proficiencies. It's an advantage for sure, but a less extreme one.

Without caps, not only would everyone feel overly compelled to join a mega-league, but you would very quickly run out of things to purchase with Prestige. The design of the system is to create meaningful progression for the largest majority of players in Leagues. Those at either extreme will find they either have a great deal of difficulty moving forward or speed their way to the finish line too quickly.
    • Like x 6
  16. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

So is this why the Iconic Challenges Solo's only give 7 Prestige or at least that's all they gave yesterday morning on USPS?

EDIT: I was 105CR running the Circe challenge and it said I earned 7 Prestige in the Loot tab. I had assumed that since those were played with Legend characters whos CR's were locked that they would always be worth 73 Prestige so I was confused on why I only earned 7.
  17. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

The method of awarding prestige is severely broken.

Granted it was on test and a few people voiced their opinions on the matter at hand, but in this instance I believe it to be imperative that the devs listen to the masses and fix the issues with prestige that the t6 crowd is facing.

I don''t believe it to be an issue of having anything handed to us because I don't believe in that and I'm not expecting any free unearned prestige either, but again, the method in which it is being earned at a high level is asinine.
    • Like x 2
  18. IntraShadow New Player

Im just wondering but does prestige reset everyday for raids?

For prestige to be more balanced, first there need to be a daily reset for all prestige loot, meaning raids can be ran everyday for 300 prestige. Second everything below 2 tiers should give max prestige, so what if people can finish that content fast, im still devoting time to run the instances.
  19. Gunny New Player

I thought the idea was to become as powerful as you can become in this game in order to achieve the most and reap the most rewards...

Right now, it really feels like those above 103CR are really at a disadvantage - something very counteractive to every previous trend in the game. Something like this would be more than enough of a reason for a player to intentionally not advance further into the game - and stay at 102CR for as long as possible.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sivulla Dedicated Player

CR band would be fine if each tier would have same amount of content to do.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.