GU39: Fire Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

From What I tanked Survival Mode is the only thing that really tests limits.
    • Like x 1
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It's an awesome place to test any kind of limit, whether it's trolling, tanking dps or healing. best thing for a tester can have.
    • Like x 2
  3. kajutsu New Player

Still considering that a safe heal if life under 35%(like bio-chargerd's electricity mechanism) is the best solution for Fire tanking.
    And it also stick to the spirit of Fire tanking(heals).
    • Like x 3
  4. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

Hey there i noticed the same thing, i started using Dualwield Into Bow to see if something changes and it did Dualwield into bow can keep Thermal and volitality up the problem is u cant cast anything else but Mass det you cant even activate the buff if you want to do the combo. So my suggestion is if you want to use it just do Dualiwield into Bow WM and use it that way and when u need the weaponbuff dont use the WM at all only 1 hold and clip it.(remember the maindmg in AM comes from Mass Det so the faster and mor often u can cast it the higher the dmg will be thats why im not sure if it is okay to have use a WM in the combo.) please tell me what u think of this.
    • Like x 1
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

If you choose to use dual wield to bow, you can cast other powers as well. Just make sure you clip it at the right time.
    • Like x 1
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

The problem is within the self healing though. Gadgets has Energy Shield that acts like Bio-Charged, which also gives one small tick of 400 with the HT Mod and a shield when activated. Even with a healer spamming heals, this doesn't save you. Unless fire provides a crit heal, most of its tick gives about average 500 unless the intent was for it to give you over 1500. If you don't have any heavy hitting heal, you won't survive.
    • Like x 4
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I tend to use shorter combos anyway, but that seems unnecessarily limiting, don't you think?
  8. blklightning New Player

I don't think it's unnecessarily limiting. I think it places a bit of a skill requirement to pull off weapon combos and the TA moves w/ long cast times. It breaks from the "power WM power WM power WM" that others can be. If the TA window were longer, it would allow the Advanced Mechanic to be WM centric... and I most certainly don't want any more of that around here. :p

I'm not partial to wanting to use weapon at all, other than for counters, when I can get so much fire splashy flashy.
    • Like x 3
  9. blklightning New Player

From 1st God:
    • Like x 1
  10. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I'd definitely like to see some Volatility and Thermal power in the Immolation tree, the only reason why Fire's AM doesn't negate WM buffs is because none of the AM powers are compatible with the WM crit really... Adding those effects to powers in the Immolation tree might change that though.
    • Like x 1
  11. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

• Like x 9
  12. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

That's exactly what I'm worried about.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

Okay guys,
    I Made right now like 20 tests xD with Full Prec,Full Migh and Prec Might Mixed .
    with WM / AM combo actually every possible Combination with WM and AM.

Now all test gave me around the same results

Prec Might Might Power Might Health : was best for WM dps (handblaster into bow Hold tap Hold) 46500 dmg in 2 mins.(for fire DPS)
    Might Might Power Might Health : was best for AM dps ( handblaster Hold Tab) 47200 dmg in 2 mins.(for fire DPS)

Now the important part like i said i made around 20 or more trys. i found out that it matters how much u crit. If i crit much with AM its more dmg then WM but since critting is more luck in AM then something else ( around 35% crit with Fiery Weapon) the dmg can rise or go down by a lot. BUT WM has a pretty stable dmg since the power after WM always Crits. while i had around 28-40% with AM critchance.WM had always around 38-45%. Thats the DMG difference between AM and WM atm. In my Opinion it still needs a litle buff since its on all powers the same. ( tested electricity aswell on these matters dmg was same as with fire WM burst ( didnt test am))
    Other Powers have still their Supercharge. Wich is a big Difference. with electricity Supercharge i dealt up to 20k dmg with only the last weapon hit of WM and it is a 35% Supercharge. Rage has the most op one 50% but dbl dmg for 12 seconds i believe ? thats just very OP
    Fire has 2 SC wich are practically seen useless atm

Vulcanic Calmity:everything crit : 3000 startdmg 6000 dot ( 2000per tick 3 ticks) =9000 dmg Rage 50%SC: around 3 WM and we only take last hit crit : 3x 10k dmg+ 3x 10k dmg : 60k dmg only with the last hit ( and i took a low dmg number on purpose it can crit till 17k with the last hit ) from WM and they can use it 2 times... im not sure am i the only one thinking that this is totaly OP and needs a HARD nerf? I once was 300 k ahead of a rage guy after the boss he was 200 k ahead of me cause he uset the supercharge.

so my suggestions are still:

1.Buff fire AM side so that it can keep the dmg same as WM or even better ( but much harder to play)

2.Change a Supercharge or Buff it so that its worth using it or make fire dmg higher so that even if we dont use supercharge we have same dmg possibilities like a power with Supercharge.

3.Let the skills have a higher grounddmg and nerf the WM % critdmg so that WM stays the same but AM gets buffed.( my favourite)

Please if possible read this devs and let some magic happen xD ( the 3 one seems for my eyes best but it should be able to keep up with other powers supercharges)
    • Like x 7
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Based on you very extensive tests a simple solution would be to Tighten the Delta on Mass Detonation. It should always hit reasonably Hard. WM is clearly hitting its highs more often and that is what creates the gap. We shouldn't see a mass det do below 5k since we have to wait 3 seconds until we hit an attack. Maybe that would break it and maybe it won't but it can hurt to change the damage values on test to see how it feels.
    • Like x 10
  15. Ñatsu Dragneel New Player

The lowest hit i saw with Mass det was 6k while volitality was active.the hithest 16k ( didnt use trinket on test nor suply drop)and even tought enemys dont just cleance their volirtality away like a spraringtarget. If the dmg is around the same and it matters only on the crit (wich clearly favours WM now ) we should have some critboost our AM or like i said to boost all the Basic dmg up and to take away some o the critdmg of the Powerhit from WM so that WM stays practicly the same. But the ppl without WM and AM can keep up with the dmg of WM while not beeing in the need of luck all the time. (if im lucky i do the same dmg if im not lucky i do less but more isnt possible)
  16. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I have had Mass Det "crit" for 4k way too many times so I completely agree with this. Not only does Mass Det have to compete with the damage of a WM mastery combo, but also the following damage from a power that gets the WM crit and with our current stats on the Test Server I see power likes SC and Flashpoint do 7k+ damage. The current damage from Mass Det is simply not consistent enough.
  17. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Having max volatility should increase our crits to the point that we get heavy mass dets. Actually, max volatility should let us hit flaming cascade and fire burst at it's hardest.
    • Like x 6
  18. BumblingB I got better.

So the conclusion is the same from page one. Risk/time vs reward. The AM can barely beat WM and you have to REALLY work for it. The damage from Mass Det and Fireburst are too wide and unreliable. They have a chance to hit hard, but in the overall it's a lot of build up to get something that could be mediocre at best.

The proof that you can get better results from the AM is promising, but comparing it to AMs from each of the AM powersets, we are looking at falling short.
    Light, Celestial, and Rage all have heavy hitting combos that are fairly easy to fairy complex to complete.
    Earth and Sorcery have pets that do all the work for them, you just set up the PI and feed them power.
    Nature and Electric have a build up that takes time to get to the Refresh AM, but fairly simple overall to keep the AM going.

Fire currently is the most complex in the that regards to the AM as the other 7 powersets are and because of how wide of range of damage the two cast powers are, that are the reason behind the mobile attacking, can fall short of the others.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Fire AM isn't that complex. It does require time but not work. It's just not as rewarding.

Bringing up other powers and comparing them to their own AM isn't great because they all functions differently. It also creates more conflict towards the users behind those powers as well. Unless it's something specific, comparing specific powers and functions, it wouldn't be an issue.

The only issue Fire has is not risk/time vs reward. There's only time vs reward. Cast times take time obviously and deserves an overall reward to them. We see that when Mass Det hit, it does on occasion hits for a good amount. I think the clear consensus is that we want it to actually occur more often rather then see small petty numbers, mostly after setting up PI.
    • Like x 4
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Natsu, is there a way you can post your overall results from a raid instead of using just sparring target?