Survival Mode Kudos

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Keeps Aggro New Player

The funny thing about luck is it runs out. It can happen at anytime tho and when it does how will you feel? Be honest. Its not an explanation/excuse I cant run multiple hours uninterrupted for other reasons but i'd like to see people get farther and know whats beyond round 7 and every 2 rounds letting people back in won't ruin the integrity of SM because surviving 2 rounds short a man is a feat in itself.
  2. Gunny New Player

It isn't quite luck.... take care of your PS3 memory, not just have 2 dozen saves per game you've ever played.... 1k+ messages you never deleted... wired connection to the internet.

Clean up your PS3, and you'll see that its really not that bad. I am being honest here.

letting people back in every two rounds WOULD ruin the integrity of SM, because we would have been able to clear Round 7 already by having that option. We still show up to round 7 with seven bodies left, and still keep the fight going for 20-30 minutes. Its possible we could do it with 7...

But the fact is.... if we could bring in an 8th, not only would it trivialize the challenge, but you can also substitute players in and out of your team when you DONT use the option to bring a player back in. Players can then achieve those high end rounds without the hours of gameplay it took to get there.

There's so many problems with allowing players back in. As I said earlier. Take care of your system memory and free up space, hard reset before you start SM, and you shouldn't be having issues. People sit and play the game for 3-4 hours before trying SM then wonder why they freeze. Its kind of funny.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

It sounds like though from Loche's post that there is a time limit before the option for them to come back expires, so I don't think people could just skip 3 or 4 rounds by just suicide-rushing bosses and getting knocked out.
  4. I Keeps Aggro New Player

Valid argument.
    • Like x 1
  5. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Round 7 is great. I would avoid the pug groups. I have no choice for now.
  6. Troll Zama New Player

You sound like bane right there in legends lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Round 7 is fun. It's like chasing one rezz after another. Since the other fights are mainly repetitive rotation with the occasional death it was refreshing and not depressing at all. Trying every thursday our luck now ^^
    • Like x 2
  8. Gunny New Player

There are a few ways to prevent death by that pulse beam we have discovered, just they are not.... easy or guaranteed success.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLoneLantern New Player

Odyssey (along with HeartOfSky from Squad 11) managed to run SM for the first time on live and beat round 5. Wiped on Deathstroke and Lyssa Drak, but played really well. Plus, I think they have a server first for USPC. :D
    Unfortunately I showed up late to the party and wasn't able to run it with them. Hopefully I'll get a legit run in soon™.

Spytle will be pleased to hear that we used an Earth tank along with an Ice tank, and had no rage players in the group.
    • Like x 3
  10. Cacca Well-Known Player

The Odyssey (USPC) / Squad team that made it to round 6 was:

Farm3rb0b - Hard Light Troll
    Web Chambers - Quantum Troll
    Lightning Breaker - Electric DPS & Healer
    HeartOfSky - Electric Healer
    Tordakk - Fire DPS
    Starbrand - Electric DPS
    cosmic war - Ice Tank
    Cacca - Earth DPS & Tank
    • Like x 4
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm personally sick of pug rage Tanks. Absolutely ridiculous how many rage tanks have no idea what they are doing.
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Seems like the PS side is more active than the PC side :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

It's not the relevance of activity it's the want or drive to even go in there lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. ForumJunky New Player

So true, but I love how I know great rage tank, the only way we are gunna beat round 7 is won rank tanks.
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

We had some people do almost the same thing. But we took them in and had the mentality of "let's just have fun" and they ended up enjoying themselves. That's what SM should be about, just enjoy yourself. :D
    When aren't you on vacation?!?! Everytime I ask Jet or Sky what you are up to they say "he's on vacation." :p ohmygawwwdd ;)
    Surprising, what with the population difference.
    • Like x 1
  16. CaptianQaunTum1 New Player

PS is getting more popular because of the new system they have.. so people are now transfering over to PS, PC is starting to slow down a tad bit not as much people play dc as they used too. SIgh =/
  17. blklightning New Player

That's what I'm bumping into. SM is my kind of game play. Dox be damned, I hate that raid. Half my league wants to get in, the other half is leery. I'm confident that once the leery ones get in, that they'll see it can be fun and actually not stressful... just exhausting.

xD
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, what can I say? Life is hard, dude. ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Hey, I am SORCERY ATM :p

Anyway, It was a great run, with some players doing SM for the 1st time (like me).

I think the PC side is having some problems...

The old, big leagues are not playing so much anymore (iconics, famiglia, etc...)

I know THENRUNLIKEHELL is running, and they are really good, so probably they are getting round 6...

So, you just see SM being done by PUGS, mostly... that´s why PS side is doing better in SM.
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, a lot of folks have left with the recent changes and sparse content. Hoping DLC 11 brings them back.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.