Survival Mode Kudos

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl Devoted Player

Iconics is a ghost town now. All the leaders left for the Ratchet and Clank MMO. I can proudly say my league has been running non-stop since launch. A little low on log ins right now, but vacations and RL are the culprit.
    Hey bud, you know my name. ;)I would love to run with you guys if you need the body. If I'm free, I'm down.
    I am shedding a tear right now for you. Your pain and suffering will not go unnoticed. :p
    • Like x 3
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Heyo,
    we will give it another go on next thursday. There was a discussion after we were done with and I totally abandoned my ears from what they were talking about. Who knows what will happen next thursday ^^

We keep streaming it for sure. The week after isnt set as we might lack tanks but in the same way I thought about to keep a vote going which healer powerset I should switch to before to keep the PoV interesting enough to watch as i need to start getting rid off some respec tokens from last year lol.

If Britteny is going to to stream it at the same time as last time, jeez tell me so I can have a notification up. We need to keep together and streamers informed ^^
    • Like x 2
  3. SenateZ Active Player

I have to say that this has definitely brought a new feel to this game, it doesn't matter who's top or who has the highest stats, this is purely about teamwork and surviving as a group. Kudus, DCUO.

We were finally able to reach round 7, and it was fantastic, even though Martian wiped us, heh.

Question to Mepps, will the USPC rounds 5 and 6 be updated? I'm curious if it was us or someone else that finished them first.

If anyone on USPC have reached or completed round 7, I would love to compare notes, specifically if you were a USPC villain.

Once again, thank you devs for this challenge, bring more of it whenever you can. Also, a dog form trinket and Starfire/Raven loading screens, for educational purposes. :p
    • Like x 4
  4. GrowlingNight92 New Player

We did manage to reach about 10 hous ago to round 7 on EUPC Villain side , unfortunately there were some problems with martian manhunter , we didn't expect him , was a nice surprise though. (Devastators EUPC Villain)

Ogat-sorccery dps
    Spark1e-light dps
    Mega Hurt-electric hea/dps
    TheSickest-nature healer
    The Cartoon-gadget controller
    Endward Nigma-gadget controller
    CulayTL-ice dps/tank
    Raging Hard-rage tank
    • Like x 4
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yesterday I was in a PUG who wanted to try it and we reached the first bosses, who shred everyone to pieces :D. Thanks for adding such a difficult challenge!
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

Good Job!

I think we locked down the server first for Round 5 on USPC, but we wiped on Lyssa and Deathstroke, so you probably have the server first for Round 6. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Gunny New Player

Go to try and help a few PUG's out in Survival, and one lovely character in there decided to boast about his team making it to Round 8, saying there's secrets to Black Adam we didn't know about and he did.

Threads like this do real players justice. 100% appreciated Mepps.
    • Like x 5
  8. Flightboy New Player

Just curious if the devs plan to update this list. I know some PC leagues need to be added and I'm very curious to see if other leagues on USPS servers claiming to beat Round 7 did or not... (Highly doubt anyone on USPS beat round 7)
    • Like x 2
  9. blklightning New Player

Same response, as always: "Video? Or it didn't happen!" LMAO
    • Like x 2
  10. BigAl Devoted Player

I believe most of the DCUO team is off for the weekend/holiday, so there likely won't be an update until Monday. And from what I'm guessing, the players "claiming" to have beaten round 8 will not be shown then.
    • Like x 3
  11. kawe Loyal Player

Can the devs see if groups used the generator bug to get that far? Are only legit attempts listed? I sure hope so. xD
    • Like x 3
  12. kraptastic Well-Known Player

And sadly enough I went in with a pug and they were using a glitch. Sad. I will now only accept full video proof of any feat.
    I just cant believe people are this pitiful. The point is to test your group for no reward but fun, at this point I say to the devs...remove the shirts. Make it no reward.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Man, this community. Always looking for ways to cheat. Weaksauce.
    • Like x 3
  14. Whisper Well-Known Player

If you know what the glitch is, send a PM to Mepps, Loche, and Spytle.
    Was this on PC or PS?
    • Like x 1
  15. kraptastic Well-Known Player

Sent it.
  16. ForumJunky New Player

No league on USPS is going to beat round 7, is so then its either going to be my league or your league. Or the EUPS league kaisers in
    • Like x 1
  17. Gunny New Player

Frankly, I'm sure I would see a twitter feed, a forum post, etc..... SOMETHING that would give some sort of indication someone completed Round 7 since this threads creation.

The only things I hear about it are in-game player claims, which are.... not exactly the most reliable source when it comes to accomplishments.

Round 7 is VERY possible when it comes to the hero side. I cant speak for villains, but I can say that several different hero groups including us have survived for very long periods of time against Black Adam and Hank - some to the point of nearly downing one of the two bosses.

If the round was impossible due to progression limits, it would have been not possible to survive past a few minutes. The only progression issue that wouldn't show itself immediately is a power issue, which honestly is nonexistent right now for controlling.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ogat New Player

It's doable for villains too we've been able to get the fight going- Arisa hits like a train but she can be managed, themain issue is with manhunter- while his spin can be dodged quite easyly- the range of his teleport is great enough he can teleport into any point in the map, and he has another scripted attack right after it, it's kinda hardish to contain him. Usually all hell breaks loose when martian warps to the tank handling Arisa- their combined dmg owerwhelms the tank, we're ableto recover mostly, but all it takes is one slip up :)

Raging hard- the 72 sp tank ^^ :-D

Side note: wasn't using WM combos to dps.
    • Like x 1
  19. Anhur Committed Player

Ignoring for the moment that here on the DCUO forums it is a moronic minority that spouts "PC > PS", it's the fact that these types of comments, from either side of the fence, are not appreciated and only serve to degrade a discussion - the "he said it, so I should say it" mentality is for kids, don't perpetuate it.

I note the list is not up to date - there was a team on EUPC that completed up to the bosses in Round #7, so Round #6 completion (Tesseract, Kobe El, Elusian, Speed Cat, Mitchell, DarkBat, Iell and Ivy Bird) - as seen by Spytle, Loche and Mepps via Twitch.
    • Like x 5
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

First off Congrats! Secondly I'm curious about this too and hope we see the list updated this week sometime.

I personally haven't tried Survival mode yet since basically I'm lazy, but I hope to give it a go sometime this week. I think a few people in The Rebels have given it a go into Round 5 somewhere.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.