GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Let me add that with the DoT approach I was using VB exclusively for burst, because it hits pretty hard and also spreads the DoT to other targets. Results may be different with something like Shockwave for burst during the DoT, particularly for single targets. Would only need to hit VB every few rotations to keep the DoT up. I want to compare a full precision WM run and a full might DoT run. I'll try and incorporate Shockwave with the DoTs to see what happens.

Disclaimer: I'm really wanting the "awesome" mechanic to work, because the WM approach is so boring. So, don't think I'm sandbagging. ;)
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I agree that the combined DoTs of our awesome mechanic should be stronger then the DoTs by themselves. Yes being able to refresh them with just using vb is nice but awesome....not so much. If the damage was increased if only by 15-20% then I think a lot of electricity players would be happy....just my thoughts though.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

Or if other powers got a damage boost while the AM was active.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I think something needs to be done. Though I still need to run some more tests, my suspicion is that the AM will not be able to catch up to WM. The build I used was only slightly leaned toward precision, and WM was the clear winner. Pushing full precision would only improve it's performance, as the WM combos accounted for ~75% of the damage. Pushing full might will help AM, since ~75% of the damage there was due to might attacks, but we all know that pound per pound, precision surpasses might. As is, I think Electricity will be in the same boat as other powersets: stacking precision and letting WM combos shoulder the load with the AMs just providing a little background support.
    • Like x 1
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I hope you are wrong...doubt it but one can hope :(
  6. ASH New Player

is the current build on test-server bugged or can we have this as the final build?
    at the moment i can
    - electrify a dummy
    - use genesis and voltaic bolt for a lvl 2 dot
    - then i keep the dot running with voltaic bolt
    - and use genesis and voltaic bolt again for a lvl 3 dot
    when i start then with weapon mastery and use a superpower after it i get the crit damage bonus from weapon mastery. i used static push and got crits of 4.4k while the upgraded dot was running (dots highest was 1.8k)

only if i used electrocute i wasnt getting the additional crit damage from weapon mastery.

guys, seriously you are making me nervous....what now? bugged again or a new version for serious testing?
    • Like x 1
  7. Shift New Player

Sssshhhhhh...
    • Like x 3
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Likely you were just seeing regular crits. SP is the strongest burst we have. Even with SW, I was seeing WM crits of close to 6k.
    • Like x 1
  9. ASH New Player

naaa i finally want a proper version for testing. if we would not mention it here, it would be "balanced" a week, after it went live...
    have enough with the bugs....well, sometimes you dont even know whats a bug and what is intended.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. ASH New Player

well, when i had electrocute running the crit of static push were at about 2k.
    6k crits with shockwave on a dummy? holy....need to test it
  11. Stamen Dedicated Player

12. Shift New Player

Yeah, the back and forth is getting pretty cumbersome. Would be nice if the devs just gave us a straight answer to everything and a REASON why they decided to make the changes like that with actual comparisons to othersets dots.

And to check and see if you are getting WM crits with SP or SW while your dots are still going just do a regular SP/SW while they are ticking without using WM, and once with using it. I am pretty sure Static Push hitting for 4.4k is a WM crit though. Probably one of the faster WM combos though or you are just more leaned towards precision. 5-6k is what I was typically hitting for on test with SP with the pi up, Wired up, and the Explosive Shot WM combo.
    • Like x 1
  13. blklightning New Player

I'm not too sure about that. I just logged on to test it out.

Using EC, I could get little to no crits. The same using eGen. But... if I build a DoT up into VB, I'm noticing quite a few more crits w/ SP than before. Will have to do more formal testing and watch some slow motion vids.
    • Like x 1
  14. ASH New Player

totally strange. sometimes you get the high weapon mastery might burst damage while a dot is running and sometimes not. i tested it with handblaster into explosive shot into static push:
    (currently i have 4200 might on test)

- no dot running: 4.4k with pi

- voltaic bolt running: each SP hit was a crit for 4.4
    - 2nd try: no crit at all
    - 3rd try: normal crits for arround 2.2
    - 4th try: again high crits for 4.4

reminds me a bit on the electrogenesis high damage bug lol:p
    • Like x 3
  15. blklightning New Player

From reviewing the vid from my sloppy testing, I found that I could only get normal crit chances while using eGen or EC. I have not tried eBurst yet. But... if I have VB up and running, I can get 100% WM crits w/ SP.

I think it's either a bug, or... they were trying to give us WM and basic DoTs while VB would cancel it out; but, it got backwards. LOL
    • Like x 5
  16. ASH New Player

thanks for posting that. i thought i was getting mad because of the little sleep this week :D
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

18. Remander Steadfast Player

That does sound off.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

That was actually on mobs in content with the PI and WM buff. Might at about 5k using Focused Blast to Solar Flame.
  20. ASH New Player

hehe ok that explains it