Healers on Strike!!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GodofSorcery, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMuttonChops New Player

I agree entirely with the make-up aspect of this. Any set up is feasible, given that you have an open mind.

But I also think that Sorcery and Nature and Mental have a close (but not equal) potential to Rage. Surrealita (the top dps in my video) has been able to significantly out damage me no matter what power set we are, and as Nature (after the revamp) smoked my Sorcery DPS. I was also one of the people who defined what Sorcery DPS turned in to before the pet buff.

And I've actually seen a lot less Rage players on USPC than ever before.
  2. RitzyDitzy New Player

I'm not on strike, I just add people in LFG who are looking for no heal groups to ignore so when the T6 raids come around I won't end up in their groups.
    • Like x 2
  3. Stamen Dedicated Player

Many, it seems, haven't caught on to WM yet. Even in healer role, with the right spec, you could be contributing a million plus of damage out in this alert. In fact, I've played every support role in the Alert so far and every one of them put out a million to a million and half. The only one that didn't was my tank and he did 850,000 without gear or mods or even a decent weapon (I think I was using a cr88 set of HB).

And yet, when I roll out in dps in league or in PuG's, I see healers that don't break 300K out in damage who I know have much better gear than my main in healer role who is cranking out a million and a half per run.

That's why people are scrapping the healer so often in these runs. It's because most have not even attempted to adjust their loadouts or play style since the WM change.
  4. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I believe the implications of that would be interesting if Healers collectively did that. I am assuming it happens often though.
  5. Magician Dedicated Player

[quote="And yet, when I roll out in dps in league or in PuG's, I see healers that don't break 300K out in damage who I know have much better gear than my main in healer role who is cranking out a million and a half per run.

Probably referring to me :) - I kid!

That's why people are scrapping the healer so often in these runs. It's because most have not even attempted to adjust their loadouts or play style since the WM change.[/quote]

My take on that Stamen, with all due respect, is that we have been told for over 3 years that our primary job is to heal. So when it comes to reconfiguring out loadouts, we still focus on the healing innates and why those are important. At the end of the day, the battles are won/lost by whether or not there is healing done. ( whether by barrel, passives, soders or a healer)

On top of that, when you are focused on doing healing, you arent focused too much on combo attacks as much as making sure your team mates are buffed and healed.

Truth be told, WM was presented to us as a DPS enhancing mechanic. While they addded some additional support features in the tree, it's still a DPS mechanic. Teaching a healer to heal and DPS by doing a 3x hold combo during a small window, likely is something that will take time and practice to get all the healers on board.

Honestly, I am not suprised on healers not taking on the DPS role with WM.
  6. forumuser123 New Player

I had a nature healer and just went to dps on it instead
    I won' be returning it to a healer aswell because t6 killed it for healers
  7. Raptor T. Committed Player

Either way.. I like to have healers. Especially in TD because if the Amazon allies are alive at the last boss fight, I can always pin Circe and prevent her from jumping across the room.

Bosses like Circe have WAY too much scripted aggro dumps... to the point where tanks are being blamed for people dying. That's why I ALWAYS use the environment and my surroundings to find and figure out NEW ways to tank/pin bosses. Like pinning Diomedes WITH the other two Satyrs.. that way they're grouped and the DPS can burn.

Having allies just adds more variety and options.
  8. Flightboy New Player

Hope the red helps :)
  9. Flightboy New Player

So you are telling me 1 single 20-40 minute alert killed your entire healing role?? o_O / ROFL

Sorry but, I 've been very nice to a lot of you gulping down the T6A haterade. I've given good solutions and options to work around this "exclusion".

I have even backed up my solutions and options with solid positive reasoning.

So to you I said two things:

1. You will heal in T6 raids (pretty good assumption ;) )
    2. Good luck learning / mastering the other half of your power set. You are in T6 content and "SHOULD" be able to efficiently play both roles.

Best of luck :) RIP to another Heals
  10. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

I understand the purpose of the OP, but really I have been able to run T6 alert with a Troll, 2 Dps and Me (healer) keeping the time at merely 29 minutes yesterday, so' find a good troll (witch don't scare by ads) with pull and dominance, a nice healer and 2 average 104+ dps you'll be able tu run it under 35 at least.

Need my pay, can't be on strike with this economy. LOL
  11. blklightning New Player

I really do think you need to run with Jet a few times before making comments like that. Sad that you're on PS, so that won't happen.

Very little that's bad ever happens to a team when Jet tanks. He doesn't need to develop a unified strategy that works in all scenarios. He's much more interested in using the environment at hand, and is quite good at it.

I'm not necessarily on strike, but I no longer enjoy running the alert. It is the ONLY group content in this game right now that people can actually just play w/o facerolling through. Do they play it? No, they skip their way to the end and focus on only the boring boss fights. Then, they complain of nothing to do. Since it seems nearly impossible to find groups who want to actually run the instance, I'm done wasting my time trying to have fun there.

Unless the next DLC drops something amazing for groups that the community can't royally eff up, like they always do, I may have to jus stop playing my favorite video game again. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. Raptor T. Committed Player

Yes while range tanking Circe is a way. Why not take advantage of the allies you have and pin her (I've done several times) and GROUP her with other bosses?? If you range her, she will lunge at you (tank) yes.. but do realize if you have allies that are meleeing her, she will have a chance to "lunge" at you, but she will not actually move towards you.. yet she can still damage you. Because she's pinned by the number of adds on her. Mind as well stay in that crowd AND group her with the other boss. As far as I know... EVERY sub boss will melee the tank EXCEPT Diomedes and Megiwara (i know I misspelled). AND they do jump in and melee every now and then.

Because it's ALWAYS good to find strategies that you can use in OTHER instances.. whether it be current or future. It doesn't hurt to test things out and improve on yourself. Just because a strategy works best for one instance, does NOT mean it'll work for everything. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

Easy buddy, I wasn't attacking his strategy I was just offering an easier / better way of that fight. A way that will ALWAYS mitigate her scripted attack onto others.

I applaud his enviroment tanking mentality not knocking it. That advice was event oriented. As in, I use that tanking strategy for a few situations not all of them.

That is all.
    • Like x 1
  14. Flightboy New Player

Ok this was (as I told your leaguemate) event oriented advice. That is all. I was NOT attacking your strategy at all. ;)

As for the red range tanking is used effectively in a lot of different instances NOT ALL for example:

- Tyrant / Range tank away from the group avoids all attacks (for the most part some like to melee these days) minus his roll and laser beam.

The bottom line is you won't always be able to pin her with adds. My advice to avoid people getting upset with you was very clear on how to avoid her scripted ATTACK (1) to other players in your group. (when youre tanking of course ;) )

Not trying to flame you, but when you have people getting upset with you over Circe's scripted attack (as you originally wrote) and you have a way of mitigating it hmmmmmm. Yea they are halfway right IMO. Your pinning could work all of the time with your group, but may not work well or at all with others. My strategy on the other hand is actually more practical for most aka easier.

All I am saying here is there are strategies. Yes multiple strategies. Which is the most effective and less time consuming is up to you and your group. I was just offering mine. :)

P.S. You can also pin her with your allies while range tanking her fyi and you COULD possibly mitigate her lunge at you!!! :D
  15. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I'm building healer now CR 98 resto 4080 and I'm not on strike so should be a short road to 104
  16. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I rather run 1-1-1-1. Im a 104 DPS and can finish a solo DPS run in 30-35 minutes. And there are plenty of better DPS out there than I, so i dont get the need for 2 DPS in this alert. 1-1-1-1 always goes smoother for me. I think the fastest i ever finished the alert was 21 minutes so i rather waste an extra 10 on a smooth run then burning all my soders and personal dampening fields only to realize that the group isnt good enough to get past the last room
    • Like x 1
  17. blklightning New Player

Is that 30-35min with or without skipping adds?
  18. Raptor T. Committed Player

I see... After you said you weren't attacking my strategies I realized I misinterpreted the purpose of your previous comments.

I can range tank her.. but then I'll have to try my best to not get her pinned within the crowd of adds OR pin both Circe and the other boss within the adds (not possible with Phoenix because he flies). Which leads me to the LAST thing you said.

Yes I know she can be pinned by adds if I range tank her.. but then that leaves the two bosses seperated. For me, I've always like to group enemies together. And MOST of the sub bosses like to melee.

I will definitely try out your method.. just know that bosses WILL have a higher chance of separating which will result in a slower burn.

Another strategy I thought about that could potentially work is bring Circe and the 2nd boss (if not phoenix) to the corner and have the adds pin them. THEN you (tank) could jump OVER the adds and potentially range tank them both GROUPED. Or melee.. which ever you prefer. If she CANNOT lunge at you while you're range tanking (with adds)... then why not melee tank because it's not like her lunge could reach the others as well. Not to mention, the sub bosses like to melee (most of them)... so if you melee them in a corner... The sub bosses will melee you.. they won't range you. Which reduces the chances of them getting out of pinned position. Once again.. This is using the corner AND adds.. which is a method I have yet to try.

Just wanted to make sure ALL tanking aspects are covered WHEN I am using a NEW strategy... Like getting enemies attention, pinning, positioning, grouping, CCing, and etc. That is why I brought up grouping when you brought range tanking the main boss while the sub bosses melee.

P.S. I do want to applaud you for telling us about range tanking. It's great being able to talk to another great tank and share strategies.
    • Like x 2
  19. Flightboy New Player

You're welcome! The more tools we have in our kit the more versatile we are especially as tanks! Unfortunately, I am one of the many "Select" Ragers in my league and no where near great, but we always accomplish our instances without much of hassle ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Stamen Dedicated Player

We've been beating 20 minutes with no skips lately. It's really all about who can do WM, spec for it, and adjust.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.