Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCBatson Dedicated Player

This +1000.

The latency filters and ping-fishing that many overseas leagues are using to abuse it, is a big problem. All an overseas league has to do is have one person 'fall on the grenade" by playing on a purposeful slow connection like dial-up, they form up with a 4v4 or 5v5, the latency filter pings the slow guy and adjusts EVERY opposing player in stateside to the slowest ping, giving the overseas guys the complete advantage. I've observed match after match during certain peak overseas timezone hours get won, with counters and animations mismatched or repeat in a loop due to the latency filter "matching" everyone to the lowest common denominator.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tunso Developer

I'd like part of this discussion to be whether or not non-cola consumables (buffs, damage fields, instant damage, shields etc) should even be a part of PvP. Personally, I'd rather have fewer or no consumables but a lot of that depends on how you guys feel about them.

I wouldn't want to make them crafted so either vendor purchased or drops, if you even want consumables to be part of arena PvP.
    • Like x 12
  3. Tunso Developer

We'd do similar to what we did with season 2. We'd up your current gear to the new stats and add one additional higher level set of gear to earn (and the alternate appearances for the older sets).
    • Like x 6
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I would vote no consumables. Make it like legends. One consumable that doesn't need to be acquired.

No buffs or PIs with free clipping and damage. Simplicity makes it more even.
    • Like x 25
  5. Hero of Justice New Player

Agreed. Personally I feel that too many consumable and the like just muddy the waters more than they add.
    • Like x 4
  6. Little Sister New Player

You better not get rid of my Pengbot consumables !!! lol
    • Like x 1
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

a) so what about those items who have thougness like the omnipotence rings or helmet are we allowed to keeping them in pvp ?

b) so no more dps role for pvp since no more dmg penalties and all off role benefits ???

PS: sounds great btw.
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I'm in favor of keeping consumables. I've always felt they were terribly underused (mostly because of stupid stacking limitations), I feel that they bring variety to the strategy, and I want more complexity- not simplicity. I want the freedom to create outside-the-box permutations, to experiment and not go cookie-cutter.

If you push for simplicity, we might as well be playing this:
    [IMG]

In fact, I think the more recipes should be added. Give people more uses for Super-Speed Exobit and other crafting components. Let all green-drop consumables STACK the way our crafted ones do!

One last thing...

If you get rid of consumables in PVP, I want my utility belts to be replaced with all Wild Card Slots. For free. No more of us paying marks to replace our gear as result of your decision-changes. o_O
    • Like x 3
  9. Femto Well-Known Player

you guys should add a cola-trinket like how legends have it , let everyone have 1 standerd cola to use
    • Like x 15
  10. CCBatson Dedicated Player

That sounds pretty reasonable and what I expected. I kinda feel sorry for people with more than one set of PVP role-armor though. :(
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Will the way pvp marks are done stay the same marks for a loss and wins .
  12. ChaosInternational New Player

While I think the game lacks in the crafting department, removing them from PvP would be best. However, removing pve trinkets is a cause for concern. My CC trinket has been the decider in more than a few instances, being a troll, it amps my shields while sometimes giving me one or outright giving me health back. Trinkets keep a tactical side to PvP.
  13. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Does this apply to open world as well?
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

They should add it to the utility belt just make the pvp belts soda pvp trinket and 3 home turf trinkets.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

no home turf trinkets for pvp please !!!!
    • Like x 4
  16. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Sorry to go off topic on the consumables part here but I dont get these PVP changes?
    Maybe I read it wrong but doesnt this screw everyone except healers in 1v1s?

Take a dps role for example, we all get the same gear and same stats right?
    Well Resto wont help me at all, Vit will barely help, Def will only keep me stay conscious for slightly longer, and in the meantime the healer will be hitting just as hard as me but also healing all dmg.

I get how this'll work in 2v2 4v4 5v5 and 8v8, and I am actually very excited bout that aspect, but I just dont get how dps/tank/troll can possibly beat heals in 1v1s with this?
    • Like x 1
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

They have to have them because if they don't there's no reason for premium pvp players to buy that dlc.
  18. 1ndab0x176 New Player

I think this is awesome seeing that i only get dps pvp gear and mod w prec based mods that also work for my support role. Ex. Dps gear w vit/prec in all my yellow and red sockets and vit health in my blues for my troll. But as far as trinkets, i think only the nonpower casted pests should be gone. Im sick of a sorc or earth w their pets and callling in backup or side kick turning it into a possible 5 on 1
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I think they should be on a limited basis...No consumables that provide PIs, or do insane amounts of damage, but maybe a generic one that does like 3-400 damage and clips would be cool
    • Like x 2
  20. Aqua New Player

A couple things I think that should be addressed with these changes to really bring PvP back.

First, grounding, it's been pretty unresponsive for a long time. If there's someone running marathons in a match catching them is just not worth it most of the time.Would be nice if you guys could look at all the grounding moves if you could, not just like the iconic or powerset ones, but the skill point ones too.

Consumables should definitely go away. The stat boosting ones that give you health back and like 400 resto or whatever I think is ok. Every other consumable needs to go, no more free 800 damage every couple seconds, and the insufferable lag that comes with it.

Next, Home Turf, I think one of two things should happen here it should go because the benefits they provide are not as evenly balanced as they should be (what I'm really leaning towards). Mainly I'm speaking of white mods, as my opinion on Home Turf trinkets is and has always been 100% no to them in PvP. Or the second option I think is to revisit all the mods and really find a place for them in the new system and please let us help with that along the way.

Moving on, and hoping for this is probably a long shot but I still have to say it. Could you guys consider reverting breakouts the instant manner in which they were done at launch? I think it was changed around GU11. Someone else here already brought it up, but those quick breakouts added some serious action to the game in PvP and are sorely missed

Pretty much all I could think of for now, good to see these changes.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.