Work In Progress Work In Progress: Weapon Mastery

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperBell Loyal Player

I think the new rows are the combos, not inates.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Sound like good and welcome changes. Can't wait to see the full implementation!
    • Like x 5
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I know this sounds like a QQ, but is there a reason why this is attached as a DLC addition as opposed to being a free update that comes out before DLC10?

I do love this and will be paying for it, as I've been legendary since a little after DLC2.
    • Like x 6
  4. Trinidad James Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 21
  5. Magician Dedicated Player

Watching the Stream, it looks like it will favor the DPS role more than the support roles.

Which means it's going to be even harder to keep DPS powered up.

No love for the ones that are NOT mainly DPS
    • Like x 12
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Couple of questions.

1. Does the weapon mastery combos crit damage apply for support roles as well?
    2. Can your weapon combos go in a infinite loop possibly.
    3. Is the weapon mastery combo might based or precision based?
    4. Can someone post the excel sheet in this thread?
    5. Can weapon combos crit depending on what role( ex. healer-next heal is guaranteed crit/ controller-next power heal is guaranteed crit/ tank- same as dps)
    • Like x 2
  7. Zhofang New Player

From one player that loves seeing the animations, I LOVE the idea of being rewarded for using them to their full extent!!!

Loved the stream and all the information that we got, far above other games/MMOs out there.

Bring on the new DLC!!! This is why we pay for our subs.
    • Like x 9
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

QUESTION: How will the the tray ability boost affect a damage supercharge? Could that be crazy?

REQUEST: Consider having the boost for casting a tray ability with weapon mastery boost a heal or power.
    • Like x 15
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

completely agree as a tank you should be getting a defense buff during your combos it will allow tanks to have more to do then hitting block
    • Like x 8
  10. impulse1 Well-Known Player

I am absolutely thrilled.

I have never liked clipping and this looks to be an excellent alternative.
    • Like x 7
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

These sounds cool
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Hopefully, they will be eliminated altogether. I want to be able to use a weapon because of the weapon, not the bonus.
    • Like x 7
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

weapon mastery is a combo of range and melee ... how will we be able to use this in high end content ??

i see dead ppl...
    • Like x 7
  14. wintermute Well-Known Player

As a troll, I don't see how this will help me when I'm actively encouraged by everyone not to do damage and not to waste power on offensive tray abilities.

Sounds exciting for dps though, they'll be having a blast.
    • Like x 9
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

As a fire tank.... I have no idea how I could make this benefit me. Maybe some sort of defensive(loosely defined) boost after the end of a mastery combo?
    • Like x 7
  16. Circe New Player

Nope, they have said there will be a new row of innates.
    • Like x 2
  17. Zhofang New Player

Magician,
    I don't think so. As a Troll I look forward to this, it will mean that DPS may decide to spam their weapon usage a little more than simply face rolling their favorite 2 buttons over and over. I could be wrong, time will tell....but I am excited!
    • Like x 10
  18. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

See that was the exact reason I was asking. I've been wanting to use bow viably for a while now (it also has my favorite combos lol so lucky me). Then again though since I'm Celestial I could in theory get larger returns by using a melee weapon if this bonus is not done away with.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Actually, by emphasizing weapon combos, that should make all powersets potentially more power efficient, don't you think?
    • Like x 15
  20. ManaBaddMan New Player

i was wondering this too. it now seems you can equip Brawling with its lovely regen capabilities and WMcombo into MA shuriken storm and rack up some serious hits under the brawl regen rate!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.