Work In Progress Work In Progress: Weapon Mastery

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrowshade12 New Player

Question well 2 of them. 1. When u say adusted jump clip powers to play some of the animation what are u talking about like seeing the can in feargas before jumping or just makining it to if you do it to early u loose. The latter would be worse. 2. If we clip the second part of weapon mastery comobo will we loose the damg or just the buff. The loose all damg would be lame for poeple wanting to try and max rotations verse near death targets. All so be carefull when adding animation times to the quick powers as it could break them vs the longer animation powers with there new fast animation as they take longer but do more damg. This could make nature n mental super beast. We want balance not a reavse of what the top powers r. Thanks
    • Like x 1
  2. LoArlequin Well-Known Player

Ohhh and yes. Another thing. The new passive innates are cool and everything. But please! Make the ones we have now to be improve. I mean. 6 sp for 36 power points? o_O 6 sp for 30 precision? We need biggr innates so chasing feats its worthy for both better stats and weapon mastery
    • Like x 4
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

personally i would have liked seeing brawling get two other weapons attached to it..would ahve been nice to have 1 handed and hand blasters... handblstesrs solar flame right after the stomp smash would have made a nice range move. along with clap to meteor blast...

also back fist comboed into 1 handed flurry would have been a nice quick melee attack that brawling is lacking... and hay maker would have when nicely with flip slash

brawling is very slow melee and only single target for ranged.... i dont see martial arts ranged being all that impressive
  4. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I agree. I still like the idea but I imagine I will be countered - a lot. That said I am very excited about the new row of innates, as well as increased damage from mastered weapons.
    • Like x 3
  5. Iron YoJimBo New Player

How is this going to affect (help) healers & tanks, who are generally at the bottom of the damage charts?
    • Like x 3
  6. aceCase Committed Player

NERF Haymaker > Homerun mastery combo!

These are probably the new types of threads we should expect to see.
    • Like x 1
  7. Phil Miller Committed Player

I think I am in the minority here, but this new "mechanic" does nothing for me. As a healer I have been asking for an increase in damage capability for a long time. While every role in the game got a stat increase in the Vestments drops, healers got a bump in health and power....no damage increase. Now for me to get a damage increase I have to start pulling combos while trying to heal? How practical is that?

Im not impressed with this new mechanic in its current state, but thats only my opinion.
    • Like x 8
  8. Zhofang New Player

Honestly this needs to be hooked to a DLC, just like the shields. Why, you ask? Because the moment you take these skills, you become a 'Weapons-Master.' Not a run of the mill Hero/Villain, you stand out with your ability to change on the fly. So, do I think a F2P should have access to this? Yes. And they do. Sub-up or Buy the DLC...Join the community and help keep this game alive and kicking.

The moment everything is handed out free, is the moment that we say bye bye to Mepps and the gang, cus they don't have jobs any longer.

I can not wait for my main to unlock his first Shield combos...this will be epic.
    • Like x 5
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

R.I.P support roles.....
    • Like x 5
  10. Radium Devoted Player

I agree with the above, while they tried to spin it in a better light, this really does nothing for support roles.

Maybe you guys should rethink giving support roles the crit buff.
    • Like x 15
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Agree, i play every support role and i feel this is more for dps to give them a chance to do more damage. Until they give something back to support roles i wont be impressed with this.
    • Like x 5
  12. Sara Pezzini New Player

Ok,ok - for DPS it sounds good, and also in pvp, but ....

They said, that the master attacks are might based. So the question from my side as healer is now:

Why don't they make it role-specific?
    For example: Instead might based for healer it could be resto based and the master attack would be weapon based heal.

Sorry, if my english is not so good, but i think some of you know me and know that i play healer now since a very long time.
    • Like x 4
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

get more sp.. problem solved
    • Like x 7
  14. The Hornet New Player

If you're slowing down the jump-cancel mechanic, is HL fan going to hit harder to compensate? Also, how will this effect survivability? Jump-cancelling saves lives.
    • Like x 1
  15. Phil Miller Committed Player

Agreed. What was shown in the live stream clearly benefits DPS players.
    • Like x 2
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

One of the aspects of the new system that you may have missed: if you use a power at the end of a master combo (with the correct timing), you get a 100% Crit Chance on that power. :)

Edit: I wonder if you hit the mob with a DoT power, if every tick will be a crit …
    • Like x 6
  17. Mary Bliss Committed Player

From what they said you can still jump out as before but will miss the casting.

But I agree with the speed of npc attacks there is something there with slower characters with longer animations that could be a problem.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

Healers/Trollers need some type of 10-sec(adjustable) crit/base boost after completing a mastery combo.
    Tanks need some type of 10-sec boost(adjustiable) defensive(loosely defined) boost after completing a mastery combo
    • Like x 9
  19. Madara Well-Known Player

sounds cool and all but really this only benefits dps..and we already have enough dps in the game..i expected something to help all roles..
    • Like x 5
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As I was watching the webcast, I kept wondering how well this system will work the current counter mechanics system. Some of the brawling combos Tunso demonstrated were pretty long. I know these weapon mastery combos were described as "high risk/high reward". However, it can be hard enough to pull off a long weapon combo as-is on certain enemies. Some enemies like the Greater Envy Demons like to block a lot.

Counter mechanics become more complicated when you are fighting a group of enemies and they are all giving different counter mechanics tells. For example, you'll sometimes have an enemy throwing out block breakers, another blocking, and another doing regular melee attacks in front of you. You can sometimes end up punishing yourself if you accidentally hit the blocking guy with a melee hold and you were targeting another enemy. Take the first two bow combos as an example. Both of them have a single target melee hold going into an AoE melee hold. If one of the enemies around you starts to block as you do the AoE melee hold, you're going to be punished. Combos 3 and 4 on Bow are block breakers going in another block breaker.

Regarding weapons balance, are melee weapons going to retain their innate bonuses? It seems like you'd be better off using the One-Handed Focused Blast->Solar Flare combo instead of the regular Handblaster Solar Flare combo because of the melee crit bonus.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.