So I can't use my armory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iMadnez, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

solution is simple. just respec. at this point you won't be able to put any points into shield. just spec into everything else. than you can use your armory just fine. However, if you want to continue using the shield and having points specced into your shield tree while not owning the last laugh dlc than continue to do so, but don't respec and forget about the armory.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is correct.
    • Like x 1
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

...and they would've saw this bug weeks ago. what are you getting at?
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

No they wouldn't have, because on the test server they would have access to everything, the error message is coming up because they don't.
    • Like x 1
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

...and back to my original point, only legendary members (who CAN access everything) can access the test server.
  6. El Presidente Well-Known Player

What Quantum said. In order to have been able to find this bug or limitation or whatever they want to call it, you would have first had to have access to the shield created a toon with it on test (because they don't copy over your toons over from live to the test server) then had your access to the shield removed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

When you're on the test server though, you go in with an original toon, are you asking that you go onto the test server with a toon that has the same limitations that you have on the live server?
  8. El Presidente Well-Known Player

...and then back around to my post (whoa starting to get dizzy here :)). If non-legendary members had access to the test server they would have everything that the legendary members have. This means they would have access to the shield and not see this bug.
  9. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Looks like mepps was already aware of this, so it might not actually be a bug.

To the OP: either buy the dlc or don't spec into the shield tree. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Ugh..this is what I'm saying..if they didn't have access to the shield...because they're not legendary and have the same accesses as they do on uspc.:)
  11. iMadnez New Player

No offense but that is really stupid. I have to lose my shield weapon tree just for the armory? What about my stats ? DCUO have been keeping me so unhappy lately.
    • Like x 1
  12. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Agreed...it looks like this was an intentional limitation which they really should have made abundantly clear when talking about armories.
    • Like x 1
  13. Little Sister New Player

It's the same as when you Re-spec.
    • Like x 2
  14. iMadnez New Player

No Offense this is stupid. I have to lose my shield weapon tree skill points and lose my stats for the armorie it makes no sense DCUO have been keeping me so Unhappy lately...
  15. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Not only that but for that to work they would also have to copy your toons from live over to the test server in order for them to have points in the shield which they don't have access to anymore. Currently they don't copy your toons over. On test you have to create new ones.
  16. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

You are currently getting away with having a feature available only from the last laugh dlc without having the dlc only because soe was nice enough to grant you a free month of legendary. you can't have your cake and eat it too mate. if you want to continue to use your loop hole and have those stats without purchasing that dlc fine, but armories (which is a form of respecing) won't work for you.
    • Like x 1
  17. iMadnez New Player

I rather not use the armory than losing 30 precision boost
  18. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

i see that you have made a decision lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. iMadnez New Player

Yea I wont lose my stats because of that armory.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To be clear, this is intended. You cannot respec to Shield without the DLC or Legendary, and Armories are a respec.
    • Like x 3