So I can't use my armory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iMadnez, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As an update, we will make a change to make Armories consistent with the Respec station so that characters that have Shield as their default/primary weapon but do not have DLC4 access can still use Armories.
    • Like x 8
  2. Jamie New Player

I saw that you are going to change things but I find it hard to believe that the intent is that if yuo drop to premium and don't own Last Laugh you cannot respec SP otherwise you will lose access to the shield tree even if it is your primary weapon.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If it is your primary weapon, you don't lose it when respeccing or when using Armories (once we fix Armories for this). You do have to own the DLC to spend Shield points if it is not your primary weapon.
    • Like x 3
  4. Kirney Slane New Player

Mepps, the consumables are not changing correctly when switching builds. I have to activate the same build two times more after switching from one build to another before the colas, dampening fields etc. are in their correct spot. Any advice?
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified this and are working on a fix.
    • Like x 2
  6. Potent New Player

If you do not have the DLC, you cannot spec into the Shield tree.

If you were legendary, and spec'd into the Shield tree, you would keep those points until you respec'd.

He cannot even imprint the armory because the points are spec'd into the shield, meaning to use the Armory he will have to either unspec the Shield points and lose out on those innates, or spend $10 to buy The Last Laugh.
  7. ToySoldier13 New Player

Wow, you guys aren't allowed to call me whiney anymore after seeing some of the premies in this thread.

Not a hard concept people, you are just spoiled because the devs are kind enough (or incompetant) to let you keep DLC powers and weapon despite not having the requisite DLC. I'd yank 'em right away when subs dropped. Sub or buy the DLC pack if you want those innates so badly; haven't they offered it for like 5 bucks pretty often lately?

Ugh, I hate having your back Mepps but I have no complaints about the armories. Truce until the next PvP mechanics thread pops up.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperiorMouse New Player

thank you. that's really all i was trying to point out -- the inconsistency there is what is creating the friction for me. the game has to either take it away from me or give it to me -- please don't cherry pick where you're going to take features away from me. and especially when i'm trying to buy something that relies on those features. :/

if this is fixed though, it'll make at least consistent sense. it won't allow me to use them... but at least it'll all make sense across the system to some degree.
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I expected this to happen, if we have any other weapon as primary weapon and if we were just specced into shield for the innates, which is one of the reasons why I bought the DLC in case my sub runs out: don't want to lose the possibility to spec into shield-innates.

But I thought someone, who had shield as their primary weapon, should not lose access to it, if they lose access to the DLC, same as to a powerset, which is linked to a DLC.
    This would even give a marktplace item, which no-one really uses, I guess, new meaning: the weapon respec token.
    People could change their primary weapong to shield to keep access to that weapon tree, if they are respeccing skill points.

Just saw this post:
    This is a very welcome change to make similiar features more consistent, thank you. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

However: Mepps said:
    “As an update, we will make a change to make Armories consistent with the Respec station so that characters that have Shield as their default/primary weapon but do not have DLC4 access can still use Armories.”

Comment?
  11. The Corrupt New Player

The armories are not printed copies of your character. Armories are blank statues that hold a copy of your gear & loadout & skillpoint setup. Your hair is not a pece of gear and a blank statue does not hold any hair style or skin style at least visually in your lair. I think it may imprint it if you switch to it but just standing there in your lair looking at the armory your only gonna see your gear style.
  12. integlsdriver New Player

srry was gone for a bit but funny thing is i paid to play and actually pre ordered the game when it was first released... so me dumping money into this game gives me the right to complain bout something = ) if u dont like when someone has something to say bout the game then feel free to look the other way instead of sounding like an *** and assuming the person has nvr paid to play or got a free legendary. IMO if they let u keep the powers when u make a toon and go to prem then they should do the same with a wep... HL,Celest,Elec,Quantum if u let ppl keep these powers without owning the DLC then yes i think it should be the same for the shield