So I can't use my armory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iMadnez, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i always wondered when this would become an issue. if it is the default weapon, it should carry over like powers. that stinks.
  2. SuperiorMouse New Player

i'm glad i saw this thread before i bought any armouries.

i won't be buying any at all for sure now. thanks :)
    • Like x 7
  3. Jamie New Player

So if I create a character and their initial weapon is a shield, do I lose the shield once my subscription runs out? Since this skill tree is tied to character creation shouldn't it be handle in the same way that powers are? If not, do players get a free weapon spec token or do they lose the point?
    • Like x 1
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You can't use your armory the same way you can't use the respec station amenity or in the watchtower. You're no better or worse off than you were yesterday.
    • Like x 6
  5. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

it stays if you dont respec. when you respec it goes away, but that seems to defeat the purpose of a few things.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can continue to use Shield after your membership runs out. If you respec, you cannot spend points in Shield unless you buy the DLC or are a member.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

hmm interesting thought. if shield is your main weapon 1 skill point is automatically put in to that weapon. what happens to that 1 skill point in if you go from a legendary to premium membership? could you technically still use a shield but not be able to put anymore skill points into the shield tree. or is that 1 skill point just wasted and lost forever?
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperiorMouse New Player

Mepps, Devs,

yes, but if you were spec'd into shield for it's innates, went premium and aren't even using shield... that's pretty different from trying to use the actual weapon. the restriction should be on equipping it and not spec-ing into it. i see what you're saying, but it's pretty silly from the player's perspective. it's a grey area obviously but it just further motivates me to not buy any Armouries since i can't even use them to do a full spec how it is.

on top of that, you have a restriction requiring no more than 10 SPs be unspent. i believe it's 4 down and then another 6 for the specific innates i require for my role -- so i guess that's how you determined that specific number. but what will happen when you introduce the next Weapon set? or if you ever introduce a new Movement Mode? the system won't allow imprinting at all without those respective DLCs, which will put a player over the minumum SP usage requirement, making them completely unable to use Armouries at all. OR alternatively you'll have to change the requirements to a higher amount of unspent SPs (which you don't want to do because players will be able to circumvent purchasing 2 armouries. Or remove the DLC specific requirements -- something will have to change. this restriction does not existing on players spec'd into a powerset they no longer have access to, so why does it exist on weapon use?

so, after just going through this... if a player BUYS armouries, with MONEY, they shouldn't have this restriction at all. this isn't a NORMAL respec as is suggested -- players are PAYING for this feature to respec them. ... it seems this wasn't carefully thought through.
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

This makes total sense to me....
    I think it's generous that DCUO lets toons keeps DLC powers and weapons when the user is not paying for access to the DLC required.

If you stop paying your cable bill the channels go away....
    • Like x 5
  10. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

You obviously don't respec typically or just recently became premium if you are just realizing that respec'ing would cause you to lose the shield. Also the 30 precision you get from that tree is only 3 dps. It's not that much and surely doesn't outweigh the benefits of hot swapping gear/stats/loadouts. That's my opinion of course and maybe not your own.
    • Like x 2
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Yes you can still use the weapon but the rest of the tree is greyed out.
  12. willi3bx Committed Player

their manniquins with ur suit on them
    • Like x 3
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

So your point is that if you previously had access to a feature of a DLC, but no longer, then you should still have full access to the features of it because at one time you had it? That seems a bit over-dramatic to me. The powersets from the DLC's don't work that way either. Let's say you had Lightning Strikes and created an Electricity character but you respec them to Nature. If you currently don't have access to the DLC then you can't then go back to Electricity. Is that also pretty silly and a grey area? It's seems perfectly straight forward and clear to me.

The second point you have is that the restriction on unspent skill points is at maximum 10. I'm trying to follow the point you are making here but it's hard to follow this logically. You ask what will occur when in the future a new tree is added for skill points and you get access to those DLC's through Legendary access but then let the access expire. You wouldn't be allowed to imprint without those DLC's, but I'm not sure how that puts you over the minimum amount of skill points you must use/allot to the trees. Unless you're looking way into the future when you have over 400+ (10 weapons, there are at least 7 weapon attacks, and 36 innate skills increases making the total around 430 to have everything unlocked) skill points to fill up all the free weapon trees and then have more than 10 unspent. If that's what you're saying then ok, although that will be a very very long time from now. We get around 3-5 skill points a DLC and the max. number you can have now is 178 skill points so at this rate it will be a short 18 years from now when people start hitting this issue. I'm sure everyone here will be up in arms at that point about their arthritis.

If a player buys an armory they should have access to respec their gear, stats, costumes, and loadout the same as if they went to respec station, manually changed their gear, reallocated their skill points, updated their costume, and created their loadout. Currently if you did that you would not be able to put points into the Shield so you can't save a quick respec with that done. That seems logical to me.
    • Like x 5
  14. helvetica New Player

If armories were free you could put restrictions like buying other DLCs on them. But we pay for the armory.

Mouse is smart. With the 10sp min in place not spec ing into a weapon (more future weapons) could make your puchased armories wasted money.

And respec at HQ doesn't cause me to lose my powerset if I go premium. Why would a weapon be diff? If armory was free this is fine, but it's not.
    • Like x 2
  15. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Makes sense to me, but I'm assuming utility belts also require hand of fate to imprint. If not, then there's a problem. Not sure why people think they deserve everything they want...
  16. integlsdriver New Player

this is dumb... the shield should be kept just like the powers if u go from legendary to prem.
  17. Radium Devoted Player

Welp, I guess gaming the system won't work anymore in this instance.
  18. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

though i do agree with your sentiment, but technically speaking lets say you go leg for a month and make a light character, later you decide to power switch to something else while prem, you can't power switch back to light. technically they both have the same consiquence.
    though as i have stated believe if shield is the primary weapon, you should retain it. this further reduces the point of the weapon switch token except to say something different on the character page.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

yea and they should give you everything in the game for free too. the sheild is part of last laugh dlc. if you don't have last laugh dlc than you don't get sheild. especially if the only reason you ever had access to it was because sony out of the kindness of their heart gave you free legendary access for a month. The fact that they let you continue to use it after you go premium and don't just immediatly take out your skill points (which they should do, becuase you don't have the dlc) is a gift in itself. if you want to continue using this loophole than do so, just don't respec (armory is a respec). You can still use your armory just perfectly fine, you just can't put any points into sheild (just like how it was before sony gave you a FREE month of legendary). If you want to remain F2P. then do so but don't complain when you don't get the same privilleges as the people who pay $15 per month for a subscription (especially when the only reason you ever had access to the thing you're complaining about is becuase sony was nice enough to give you a free month of legendary access).

Venting done! :)
    • Like x 3
  20. SuperiorMouse New Player

no, that's not what i'm saying at all. you're comparing buying a respec token from the market place, to respec at a respec station.

if you know my post history, i'm never in favour of giving the game away for free. many of my posts detail ways for the devs to generate income. it's important to me that the game makes money so that it can give us more.

i'll try to explain this more clearly. when i respec at a respec station using a powerset i no longer have access too because of being premium -- i will not suddenly lose my powerset. or be unable to imprint.

when i respec out of a weapon, i guess this does happen (i've never tried) -- but it shouldn't really. why are weapons treated differently from powers? i am NOT saying the player should be able to equip and use the shield; they shouldn't! But they should still be able to spec into it's tree, and therefore use an Armory to imprint. particularly because we are buying these and they aren't being given away for free to us.

again, i'll try to be more clear -- i realize my previous post was short and not well phrased.

currently armouries have a min requirement to spec. we can't have more than 10SPs unspent to imprint. IF i have spent ALL of my SPs on innates but i spec out of Shield so that i can imprint a build, i will then not be able to imprint because i have 10 unspent SPs now. i COULD respec and put those 10 SPs into innates that i don't need or whatever -- but now these things are dictating how i spec my character. and if new weapons or movement modes come in the future, there is an even better chance that i will have more than 10 unspent SPs... all i'm saying is that this particular restriction appears to be ill considered. the way this is working, is just giving a player less and less reason to purchase an overpriced "convenience" that offers no convenience really.