The Tank Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sage-Rapha, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Honestly if I were you id've knocked the humility back into that troll. And those people who got mad because of not getting a speed feat, ha.. id've said tough.. everything isn't about speed. My goodness what happened to playing a game because it's fun?
    • Like x 1
  2. NexGenX New Player

I love tanks, I remember when OC came out and tanks started to become less favorable in the alerts, but I always prayed for a tank instead of two dps, power management is a cakewalk with a tank in the group. I used to have so much fun in runs like that since I felt like I could go ballistic. I hope to see some new alerts where we could get tanks back in alerts like they should be. Thanks for all that you guys do :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yup the tanks we have are very much appreciated and will run whatever we feel like and have a tank in them all, do not like the anti tank brigade and tend to block people like the troller mentioned above.

On another note I have run many chars on both factions over the years and can safely say the tank role is the single hardest to get the cr up quickly so feel the need to help anyone I know who is a tank in sympathy ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. DivineSire Dedicated Player

OP...are you trying to butter the tanks up for new content!! hehehe please continue!! hehehe and mention nexus so we can get a few more pages here!! hehehe
  5. SLYDER X New Player

i would be more than happy to run any T5 content with a tank instead of 2 dps..or 4 dps in raids, i miss the 2 tank method and honestly, from that ive seen with rage tanks (being more active in the fight) i hope this promotes running 2 tanks again. if nex and dox didnt have such a short time before the boss enrages and starts the one shots on groups, we wouldnt need 1 heal 1 tank play style. i hope we can get back to the 2-2-2-2 play style and all roles can be an active player in the fight and not pull aggro and block, throw an heal over time and spam, throw POT/debuff and spam burst power..if support roles were able to add a little more to the damage side, we wouldnt need 4 dps and maybe the game wouldnt be so unbalanced with the dps/support ratio. i support tanks in anything and i hope they make a comeback
    • Like x 2
  6. Minx New Player

I LOVE MY TANK!!!

And thanks to all the BOSS (and gonna-be-boss ;)) tanks out there!!!
    • Like x 2
  7. jedimaster91 Active Player

Except for Troll in DPS gear, I 1 billion% agree with you. As a somewhat squishy troller, I love running duos with Tanks. Tanks rule.
  8. Tweek New Player

I was putting a group together for trigons prison one day and asked someone (who was a tank) if he would like to run it with my group. His reply was I am not a very good dps. I replied play your tank role. He stuttered and said REALLY YOU WANT ME TO PLAY TANK? I said sure and I could tell it made his day :) We made the run and everything went smoothly. If you guys really do appreciate a tank than start inviting them.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I will always run with a tank in alerts. When I had a Nature healer, I would draw aggro from all the healing without the tank taunting. I had then switched to electric and ran TP with 2 DPS who insisted on melee for the sons bosses. We wiped a couple of times and they said I wasn't doing enough healing. At the end of the alert, I had 800K in healing out. So yeah, I'll take a good tank over a bad DPS any day.
    • Like x 2
  10. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

Tangent alert

OMG Fruity your sig is freaking hilarious! I'm tearing up lol. Thx for making my morning :D
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Look you guys in nexus are a dream come true. I hate when dps tries to hog the spotlight.
    And honestly no. I just felt as though you tanjs deserve recognition and appreciation
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

13. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I shouted for 2 hours for trigon again and I just que up random and spawned in with 4 tanks and we decided to run it and had the best time ever. lol that was epic.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLoneLantern New Player

Great... An ego-boosting thread for tanks. Now they're going to expect an invite into the raid groups.
    Sheesh, good going...
    :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycfyre New Player

Hehe, there actually is a method to my madness with this setup. Namely that when in my T5 DPS gear, one power dump from me will fill most of a T5 Tank's powerbar. I can keep the the two of us powered effectively while providing significantly higher damage output. Overall it is an extremely effective setup. Go get a good Tank and try it out. =)

Keep on tanking Tanks, you have a place in any instance of mine.
    • Like x 1
  16. jedimaster91 Active Player

I might have to try that when I hit T5/6. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting marks to buy gear to raise my CR and I don't have enough to buy both Troller gear and DPS gear (only one in the house working right now, so not a whole lot of extra cash for replay badges and whatnot).
    • Like x 1
  17. Psycfyre New Player

Pfft, the DPS gear I've got is ALL drops. Well, ok... it's a combination of Corrupted, Exalted (both equivalent to the Atlantean Monarch gear and don't cost MoR), Trigon 85 weapon and 84 mask, one piece each of Traces and Time Traveller, an 87 ring, an 83 ring and a 83 necklace. I just went and tossed Synthetic Type 3 mods into it as this gear is not my primary and I didn't want to spend the marks for Type 4.

Concentrate on your role armor, just start building a DPS set from drops you get.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hey, thought you guys could use a pick me up.
    thanks for helping.

Also in PvP, you guys are important to me.
    those cleanses are a team saver imo
  19. DCUController New Player

not true imma DPS :rolleyes:

and I still favor the 1 1 1 1 setup in all alerts, or 2, 1, 4 1 for raids

if I get support roles in duo's I get giddy, you know why? every since the 1st T6 DLC all I've gotten was DPS players lol
  20. Dragonlibrarian New Player

Always a bit frustrating when someone says "hey tank, switch to dps."