Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekronious New Player

Well...I work in industry and sales. Without consumers, it doesn't matter how good the product is. Every company has a bottom line that they have to meet, which is broken down into the individual areas and goals are set for both new sales, and keeping current customers. Most of the emphasis is on new sales for most companies. In most industries, the shareholders get the bulk of most profits and the CEO's and whatever also get a lions share. The workers get a nice pat on the back and maybe a turkey for thanksgiving. However, if the goals aren't met, then the workers get let go, and they look to find someone else to line their pockets with your hard earned cash. So, the workers an marketing work real hard to keep their jobs. Since this game as well as other MMO's are now struggling to manage their overhead verses income...let alone profits, Everyone is turning to the micro markets where anything worth having at all costs additional money. This is usually in addition to the initial purchase price of the game, and subscription fees. So, any and all improvements to this game are a means in which to improve revenue and balance between profit and holding onto the majority of their subscribers. With a lack of an influx of new subscribers, the hope of course is to bring in more revenue with the micro purchases to not only cover the losses of subscribers who will feel they are already paying enough for a video game and either do not purchase the new gadgets or in worse case cancel all together and find something else to do, but also the money spent to develop and launch this product. To the consumer it is a game for fun and whatever, and we are always hungry for the next best thing. SONY, DC, and the other companies who have their hands in the DCUO cookie jar, see it is just another product. As with any company, the product must meet base line profit, or there won't be a need to keep it active. So basically, even though there is a slight compromise here, be sure it wasn't based off of current consumer complaints, as much as a marketing turn to make a way for the most consumer coverage and increasing the likelihood more revenue would be generated by making said adjustment.With a little sugar coating from marketing to sell the deal. I am sure, that their pricing and marketing strategy will change if the sales fall too far bellow projections. At the same time, if they exceed expected projections, that opens the door to more improvements.
    I understand the mechanics of how this works, as well as it's intent, however, there isn't enough benefit offered by the armory that I can't spend in game cash and a few minutes of my time to accomplish the same task. Perhaps that may just be I don't fully grasp all the proposed functions of the armory. Guess time will tell.
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Legendary member here and I feel that I get incredible value for my dollar. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily take anything extra thrown my way but not once have I ever felt that I was getting shafted for subbing.

I keep seeing "T5 was a money grab" but I could not disagree more. Between the 4 man Ops and the solos getting marks was easier, even without replays, than any previous tier when it was new. Granted the 88 gear that some players viewed as a necessity was added with the replay crowd in mind but I never had any issue with that, I actually think it was a smart move. But this is about armories so whatever.

Your passion for the game is quite clear but so is your frustration. Who knows, maybe you'll succeed in getting more for the community, maybe not. Either way works for me, good luck in your crusade.
    • Like x 2
  3. nogimmick New Player

all i want is 3 armories...i have a $20 psn card waiting for them....now i can actually do that instead of letting one of my toons get left out in the cold. i like it.

thanks devs! my money is on the way.
    • Like x 1
  4. primordial one New Player

Can someone help me out, I'm full vengeance armor but I can't get new armor at all
  5. Original Kal Well-Known Player

So you have given us 1/2 a car.....fail. What's next 1/2 a DLC?
  6. Original Kal Well-Known Player

A moral victory is still a moral victory. The set up for armory purchase still leaves much to be desired.
  7. Mirai Well-Known Player

If you want the game to make sales and survive, this is not a good approach. Driving players away from purchasing isn't going to make money. The best way to make sales is to charge a reasonable price for the product that is neither too high (discouraging sales) nor too low.
  8. Tule New Player

You're right. They should take it away and make you buy the whole car.
    • Like x 1
  9. Original Kal Well-Known Player

If they priced it right people would have done that. Price gouging is price gouging.
  10. Original Kal Well-Known Player

But it is useless as the point of it is to not have to respec.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But the thing is, with one armoury, you don't have to respec, back to your main role. It serves it's purpose fully and completely. It knew this specific load out. Not only all of your power points AND skill points, but ALSO your role, load out, AND costume with colours! Do you want to become your off spec? Fantastic! Get another armoury! This one has done its job.

EDIT: After saving your main spec to the armoury, you are then free to change any of the a fore mentioned aspects of your characters and change back in the blink of an eye. Thus eliminating any need to repec.
  12. Tule New Player

I don't think those words mean what you think they do.
    • Like x 2
  13. Smashyourmom New Player

so u need 2 armories per character (1 dps,1 control/tank/healer)...as of now including red lantern power theirs 11 power types which u need 22 armories to compensate.so ur sayin if u have all 11 powers maxed out u need to spend $96.00 so u can have 2 load outs for each power? thats kinda how the Koreans do with their games....

Leadendry members-pay $15.00 a month so they should get at least 10 armories for free.

Premium players-should get 2 armories for each DLC they have downloaded

F2P players-should get either none or just 2

how does this sound?
    • Like x 1
  14. Flair Well-Known Player

TuleWell-Known Member

Original Kal said:
    “So you have given us 1/2 a car.....fail. What's next 1/2 a DLC?”
    You're right. They should take it away and make you buy the whole car.
    Well yeah...who wants half a car sitting in their driveway doing nothing. Take it back amd make me pay for the whole thing please.
    What they are doing is more akin to giving you a free car that has no tires. You can listen to the dvd player, turn on the heat if its cold outside, sleep in the backseat. You get some functionality but you can't drive anywhere. You want to take a spin to your girlfriend's house? Okay, but in order to do that you need tires....which we will include with the next car that you have to buy.
    What they are doing here is making it seem like we get something for free, but in actuality they are forcing us to spend money if we wish to get the intended functionality out of it.
    The only reason they are giving us a free one in the first place is because they were smart enough to realize that people would not have stood for having to buy 2 to get full functionality.
  15. Flair Well-Known Player

omg I wish I could get my reply thingy to work right
  16. Tule New Player

Max you can have per character is 16. Even the most crazy of people would only have armory sets up for 1 per role, not every power in the game.

I would say most people need 2-4 total.

1. DPS
    2. Role
    3. PVP DPS
    4. PVP Role

Thats only if they play both their roles, pvp, and both their roles in pvp. Then it starts to go up from there if you want more armories for other roles that you wouldn't even have access to. Or if you just wanted decoration. I love supporting the game, but I would imagine for most people 4 armories (3 having to be bought) would be the most needed per character. If they are REALLY into that character.
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

No you don't. You need none. You are getting one as a gift. No where in your legendary benefits does it say you get free access to anything that is not listed in the things you know you are already getting. If you have an issue with the benefits for legendary and what you pay, then you probably shouldn't pay for legendary. As the famous line from the vault says...http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/You pays your money and you takes your chance
  18. Tule New Player

So you're saying they looked at their product, realized it would be wrong of them to make us buy two and provided us with a free one. The fiends.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It's not like a half a car at all. It is a car. But this car (load out, styles, colours, role, SP, and PP), is independent from the (load out, styles, colours, role, SP, and PP) of your maybe faster, sportier car. So if you want access to that car, you need to buy it.
  20. Smashyourmom New Player

so u get 1 free armorie for each char. u make?so then if u have 1 of every power which is 11 powers u just need 11 armories so u can switch between each role??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.