Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piper New Player

2. JustaWolf New Player

[IMG]

The manual says Unplug the yellow wire !
    • Like x 10
  3. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

I honestly do most of my farming now from my Vita. It takes a little getting used to having to tap the rear touch pad instead of using L3 to do super speed flight but other than that popping a radar enhancer or R&D enhancer and flying around waiting for question marks or helixes to pop up on the minimap works perfectly on Vita. I've even started running some low level duos and solos using it. I'd never raid with it, but sitting in the carpool for 30 minutes waiting on your kids to get out of school is a great time to pick up 10-15 collections or stacks of exobits. Nothing else to do other than listen to the radio anyway. I do the same thing if I wake up too early and don't feel like getting our of bed and jumping on the tv. With one of those attachable grips for the vita I can use it for hours comfortably. Works great during layovers too if the airport wifi is solid.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trell187 New Player

Soo wats taking so long i been ready to play allday ):
  5. Tyne New Player

Listen very carefully I'm not surprised, all I've ever wanted was Separate EU patch times. It's a simple request, being that it's now 21:33 PM I'm about to go to bed in 27 minutes
  6. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I want to destroy snowmen or destroy orange laterns by being a snowmen. Wah Wah wah goo goo gah gah.... me wantz to pway myz gamez.
  7. Vulpis New Player

Yup. *That* is my main gripe with the whole situation. It's nice that they're putting in the effort to fix it, but if the code is thus buggy, it should never have been released on the live server to become this major a problem in the first place. Kinda what a test server is *for*, after all.
  8. The Torch New Player

I WANT to play!
    • Like x 1
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

Mepps and fellow Devs,

Obviously we have a service outage here and a problem with the actual code.

At what point is a rollback considered so services can be restored ??
  10. JustaWolf New Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ummm Now What ?
    • Like x 2
  11. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Can I get a Update! Mepps stick your nose in a second say...
  12. bLaCk IcOn Level 30

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Pyrite Wolf New Player

Go out. Make a snowmen. Get a stick. That stick is a sword. Proceed to destroy the snowmen with all you gaming rage. Feel the cold water snowman blood all around you. It's ******* badass, right?

There you go, you're playing a game called imagination (?) ok, no.

Protip: You can use TWO sticks if you prefer dual wield!
    • Like x 2
  14. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Hmmm, another broken update,.... Should have stayed at work!

7 central, damn, could have had some overtime and passed it up for this....

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  15. Vulpis New Player

Good question...at this point, my view is that they should restore from before they tried to put in the update, postpone the update while people play again, and actually properly *use* the test server to debug code instead of just dumping it on the live server.
  16. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Well I was getting marks where I was in pve but if it's true no one was getting their marks anywhere I guess it qualifies for taking the servers down.

So now let's rage about the people who were on the test server but didn't test the build !!!1

Nah just unlucky and a shame for everyone not much else to say but curse words in caps
  17. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I have seen snow once in the last twenty year on a golf course in Troon North pfft. I think I will go swim like Aqua-man instead.
  18. JReel New Player

It is hysterical people telling others not to complain. That is the main issue with the gaming community. Either they constantly let devs screw them over and pretend everything is great or they complain and continuously come out of pocket and throw their $ in the devs faces for the same results. They broke what was supposed to be an update. The same updates they've been testing for weeks. I do say people have the right to voice their frustrations as well as concerns.
  19. ColbaneX New Player

I don't think you understand how a "test server" works. It isn't constructed the same way as live, it isn't just "live with extra stuff" it is its own entity. Sometimes things that are working perfectly fine on Test interact weirdly with Live. Furthermore, in games this large they will never be "completely debugged" because of the sheer size of the code. Learn how coding/programming works, become an expert in the field, and THEN tell them how to do their job.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Unfortunately, I was informed by the engineers that this didn't help anything.
    • Like x 22
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.