Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John New Player

If soe gives us 2 free armories then I will accept the prices
    • Like x 3
  2. Potent New Player

Very limited situational possibilities are not game changing or beneficial. Please people, use a dictionary.
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You gave up on this game two years ago but you still play? More power to you, but I still play because I enjoy the game.

I didn't realize that I had to do this if I changed the weapon I play with! OMFG, I guess I have to buy one now since I'm using blasters not bow. :rolleyes: I might consider someone ignorant if they felt the need to buy said item just for their vanity. I wouldn't blame the company. Buyer beware and all that. In fact, my husband started out as MA but switched to rifle whilst leveling. He never bought one of those but, even if he had, that would have been his decision. No one forced him to do it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Potent New Player

As well if it's your bread and butter load out why the HELL would you need a armory imprinted with it to take you back? Shouldn't it already be imprinted in your brain?
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

LOL the very first post was about how it had beneficial aspects.
  6. Potent New Player

Of course no one would have forced you to do it. HOWEVER. Simply putting it into the game, with the expectation that people will buy it, but knowing it is purposeless, is greedy. Because if you weren't greedy, you wouldn't be thinking like that in the first place.

Your "It would have been his decision. No one forced him to do it." logic, is greedy.
  7. Potent New Player

No, the first post had a suggestion of how you can use it for a special in game play time for friends. That is not beneficial because it does not in any way impact actually playing the game.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But, it is beneficial to the player. He no longer has to manually change his style after a fun night raiding with his friends.
  9. Oberon New Player

I don't like the price or the fact it is tied to the character and have stayed away from MMO games that have done this as it gets to expensive compared to paying a sub - DCUO is a great game that has really come a long way since launch when I purchased a lifetime account, which is why I keep checking back compared to other games. I won't invest in armories as it isn't a big deal to me, but again I can see how people feel like SOE is being greedy as I don't believe it would be the Devs who make the decision on pricing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

How?
    EDIT:
    Since you asked people to use a dictionary...
    greed·y
    ˈgrēdē/
    adjective
    adjective: greedy; comparative adjective: greedier; superlative adjective: greediest
    having or showing an intense and selfish desire for something, esp. wealth or power.
    How is me pointing out that no one forced someone to buy something greedy?
  11. Vulpis New Player

You can't trade the freebies, only the storebought ones.
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Thanks, Potent pointed that out to me already. *Grabs pitchfork and joins mob chasing after Jens like Frankenstein*
    • Like x 1
  13. AfterLife Well-Known Player

AINT BUYING
    • Like x 1
  14. Potent New Player

That is the point at which it is a CONVENIENCE.

When speaking about general beneficial use, it must pertain to the general population's use. IE: Actually impacting gameplay.

People's individual conveniences in no way convey the general beneficial use to all players.
  15. BriWi Well-Known Player

I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that you have to re-save your armory loadout every time you get an equipment upgrade (testing I've done on the Test Server showed that changes in mods don't trigger this problem, just changes to the gear itself) or earn more than three skill points. Take into account that we're going to be getting a new DLC pack and PvP season soon means there's going to be a LOT of visits to people's lairs/bases so their loadouts will continue to work. This means the more equipment upgrades (and to a lesser extent, feats) you get, the more cumbersome armories will be to use.

Personally, I think armory purchases should be "account redeemable" instead of "account bound". I say redeemable instead of bound because I think it's more accurate. Account bound usually signifies a consumable or attuneable item that can be placed into an account-wide shared bank slot so characters other than the one used to purchase said item can use it, at which point is can no long be traded between characters on the same account. Redeemable means that a marketplace purchase allows all characters (present and future) on a player's account to claim their own copy of the purchased item, and the item never has the ability to be traded, even between characters on the same account. For example, Lair styles are account redeemable, but respec tokens are account bound; an exception being vault rings/necklaces which can be used, then traded to other characters on an account. Right now, the armories are/will be, using the above definition, account bound, but some players' comments (and my own opinion) are that redeemable armory purchases are instead preferable. This argument could be used to justify a modified pricing system for them. For example:
    • 1 armory for sc1000/$10
    • 3 armories for sc2700/$27.00 = 900 ea.
    • 5 armories for sc4000/$40 = 800 ea.
    Using these numbers and a 3-armory purchase, a single character account would get the straight cost of 900 sc per armory, having one alt halves the effective cost to 450 sc per armory, and having two alts (one for each specialty role) makes the effective cost 300 sc per armory. Although less of a value for players with single characters, this would encourage the playing of alts to gain more value for the investment (more alts = more armories with the same investment) which is one of the things that Developers have said they want to encourage. I think that many of the people who have Michael Bay'ed those responsible for setting armory prices would be more willing to make these investments rather than the (potentially) exorbitant investment to keep multiple alts similarly supplied.
    • Like x 3
  16. Potent New Player

Because it just shows that in the same position you would have done something similar. IE: Charging for something with no regard to the worth of the consumer's dollar vs product.
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Everyone can use this perk. I don't think "benefits" are limited to solely game play impacting devices.
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'd be fine with this scenario, nice suggestion.
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It does not. You only assume that because we disagree about this. I think that I'm just going to disagree with you and leave it at that. I'm not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change my mind. Have a wonderful day and try not to let the disappointment over the prices ruin your DCUO experience.
  20. Campor Well-Known Player

Yes, this. If they were account-bound, I'd easily pay at least $10 for one. I'd probably spring for a 3-pack quite easily though, because I like having options. But I also have a lot of alts, so seeing as they're for one character at the moment, I'd only be willing to pay between $3-$5 for a single armoury, and not in a bundle deal. I mean that being the cost to buy just one. And even then, I'd only buy one for my main because I couldn't be bothered buying an expensive pack only to have 1/4 of my characters get a single armoury.

If they're going to stay consumable as they are right now, then I won't buy one at this price point. Ever. Even if they go on sale, it's still just too much to reasonably pay for. If they were like the styles, Legendaries and the like that we have where you could claim them on every character, then I'd be willing to pay MORE individually than they cost now, and I'd buy several of them. If they were cheaper than bases, which are consumable per character, then I might buy one or two. They'd get more money out of me if they were redeemable on every character on the account than otherwise, or if they lowered the price.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.