Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I still can't see the logic here. Spending months creating a feature only to have it internally sabotaged.

Milk the DLCs for as long as you can, SOE. The ship's not going to sail much further.
    • Like x 4
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm with 95% of the playerbase on this one. I would have bought 3 if they were at $5 apiece, but alas they are $8 so I'm only gonna buy one for $8.

Congrats DC devs you just lost $7 X (however many people are with me on this). I typically side with you guys because I know you try, but this is just pure greed at it's finest.

I love this game but I'm honestly not sure how long I'll be playing now. (Seriously considering not renewing legendary and finding another game).
    • Like x 7
  3. ARENA CHAMPION New Player

Potent, do yourself a favor and look up the definition of "ignorant". While you're at it, go ahead and re read my post and then tell me where I had stated that prices were anything close to reasonable. Also, look at the current prices of everything in the market place in DCUO, and then come tell me how (with your, hopefully, new found understanding of the word "ignorant") ignorant I am to believe they would be this high.

As far as the first part of my quoted post, clearly I was directing that towards those that wanted it to be completely free; hence, "People think armories should be a given". The devs worked hard to create these for us, and it is "plain ignorant" to believe that DCUO would not charge anything for them. I believe that they should charge something for their hard work, but this system that they have now costs too much for majority of DCUO.

Since you have misread my previous post I am going to do a recap for you just in case you make another blunder ;):
    1. I did not say prices were reasonable. In fact, this system that they have now costs too much for majority of DCUO.
    2. Due to DCUO's current store pricing, I was surprised armories weren't $10 a piece for singles.
    3. People that believe armories should be free should save their loyalty points so it can be free.

If you care to see my possible solution to these high prices then go read my earlier post #482. If not then I really don't care. Just make sure you read and understand posts before you argue with someone who agrees with you ;).
    Have a nice night!
    • Like x 2
  4. Potent New Player

I know what ignorant means, and it seems you didn't quite understand the context of my post.

I'm saying that by saying "I saw this coming, I saved LP etc" You are ignorant to the value of your dollar.

You should probably learn context before you go trying to give people "new found understandings" of words they already know, when you are actually still completely ignorant to what was being said.
  5. Davis New Player

Instead of the community being happy about the anouncement it seems the consensus is the armories area bit overpriced and i tend to agree lets hope their is time before launch that they can adjust the pricing. No reasoning why an armory should cost almost as much as a dlc pack.
    • Like x 4
  6. AzraelR Committed Player

Please, stop with the ******* "I thought the armories would cost 1000SC". People not understood yet that the armories are NOT shared account? People are slow to understand things. /facepalm

You pay 1000SC each DLC and it's released for the entire account.
    You pay 1000SC for legends chars and it's released for the entire account.
    You pay for almost 1000SC ONE armory and it's NOT released to the entire account.

I don't care about packs. I need 3 armories, not 2 or 4 armories. Some will need 5 armories, others 9.

You still can buy 15-Pack but it's still a horrible price considering that with many chars you may need more armories.

Me too, 3 armories at $5 price, but considering that a protest must be done, I'll not buy at least one. Sorry, but I'm out.
    • Like x 5
  7. ARENA CHAMPION New Player

Value is subjective. I don't have multiple toons that need armories, and I find 4 armories for $6 a piece for my only toon perfect for my needs. Just because DCUO made armories insanely priced for the rest of DCUO does not mean that I am ignorant to the value of my dollar.
    I am not going to argue with you. There is nothing constructive that could come out of talking to you, because you have set it in your head that I am ignorant and that is that. You want to think I am ignorant then that's fine, but the problem of armories being too high for majority of DCUOers, still remains.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tkiaax3 New Player

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to armories as much as I am looking forward to the new PVP season and lockouts being removed. Is the new PVP season coming this month? I am pretty disappointed in the fact that these are going to be separate updates.
  9. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

The production cost that you had is not per item sold, it was the development of said item. Once the amount spent on armories reach the amount that was spent into the development of the armories, you are in pure profit margin.

Therefore by selling fewer armories at a higher cost result in a lower net profit for you guys. This is simple business, just change the price to something more reasonable and I'm certain you will make more money overall.

Remember the saying "less is more".
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tO5sxLapAts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XD just because all I could think of was this when I read "pure profit" hehe
  11. Blazing Boy Level 30

Power to the people! +1
  12. Tocimus Committed Player

you are absolutely correct.
    $10 for account bound content on all characters VS. $8 single use item for 1 character....... seems like scrooge went a little bonkers this year.
    • Like x 1
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

oh i understand why you think that -- so no offence taken. i would counter and say that the OP sounds like a gimme, gimme, gimme. ;)

when Armouries were originally announced they were intended to be a part of the Halls of Power DLC -- this would have meant that every Legendary subscriber would have actually gotten them ALL for free anyhow and the Devs had no problem with that.

we were then informed that due to good will and careful planning they were being turned into an update instead of part of the DLC and one would be given freely to EVERYONE. yay us. this was positioned as good will to us all -- but we didn't realize that restrictions and limitations had been carefully built into them requiring more than one to effectively use the system to it's potential.

so, what was positioned as good will was actually planned intent to get money from subscribers (which in principle i don't have a problem with) and premiums... but now that i've seen the pricing and can look at the history (we've all been here to see the plans evolve) of this product rollout, i'm concerned. so, i think they should go back to bundling the armouries with a DLC and keep their generous pricing structure in place for the Premiums. for those keeping score this generous move of taking the feature out of the DLC actually screws over the subscriber and costs them money compared to the original plan.

i find this whole product plan .. duplicitous. and i'm normally the first person to suggest ways for the devs to generate revenue. so. this is distasteful to me. everyone will have different mileage on the issue though.
    • Like x 7
  14. Mary Bliss Committed Player

The worst part is them not being account bound I think.

You basically buying a DLC per character you have. I guess they have high hopes or maybe it's necessary at this point.

They going to charge what people are willing to pay though.
    • Like x 2
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

hey bud the prices stink and I would buy atleast 15 despite that if this wasn't an extortion. I think dcuo needs a reminder that they need to care about their customers. t5 was set up for the guy who buys the most replays finishes first. armories is a feature that we have all suffered for up to 3 years without and when they introduce it to us the overcharge us if we want to even use it.
    I ask any and everyone wouldn't it be smarter to add a second build to legendary members. I say this because ultimately to achive long term success they need to grow the legendary population and undo this we don't care about our customer personias. adding the second armory to legendary would increase legendary sales not cause such a backlash and ofcourse legendary along with premium guys would still buy additional armories. wins across the board.
    I see the same thing everyday up until last night when I logged off for the last time till things change. everyone knows they simply don't care about the customers just figuring a way to jip you outta a dollar. again my problem is mostly with the having to pay a large amount to use a feature that should of been in here day 1. its common sense so I understand why these "guys" took three years to get it. Armories could help the game so much such as say %5 of the population doesn't pvp cause they don't feel like respecting. I know petty but has keep me from pvping. overall if I was able to use this function just cause I was legendary I would buy a ton more why not. we all know people spend money on here. thing is the disrespectfull way these guys extort you and show they don't care instead makes me say gta5 baby. I am off the game and not legendary for the first time since mid year 1. never got bored and never thought I would quit or take time off but with this type of leadership they will rob u as the ship sinks
    \
  16. Lakhesis Active Player

I'm kind of curious about the 'item', will each of our characters get one of these items when they finish the mission?
    So if I have 16 characters, and finish the 16 missions, I'll have 16 tradeable armory items?
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

OK, step 2 is sell armories. I think they messed up on step 2 lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Galadorn New Player

Player base and Game is gonna speak by itself, if SOE wants to put high prices and 0 players pays, its his funeral.
    • Like x 1
  19. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

totally want your sig man can i get it (willy wonka one)? haha
  20. Nemisor Committed Player

no, its been said a few times already, but the free ones you get will not be tradable
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.