Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulpis New Player

If that was the case, they'd be making these more attractive for the Premium players to pick up, which they aren't.

Whoever sets the prices for these things very, *very* badly needs to sit down with the marketing numbers Valve has generated which have demonstrated repeatedly that if your product is any good to begin with, lowering prices results in generating more (and often *much* more) total income over a given time period due to volume of sales. I mean, the amount of commentary this thread has generated shows the product id desired. Now, which makes more sense, selling 10 items at $8, or selling 80 items at $3? Basic math here...
    • Like x 2
  2. KidMidnight Loyal Player

are there going to be feats associated with these?

like use your armory once, ten times, a hundred?
    • Like x 2
  3. Potent New Player

So an additional LAIR is $3, but an additional ARMORY for that LAIR, is $8? Trollolol.
    • Like x 8
  4. Doc Holliday New Player

If the prices are not lowered after what the Devs have seen from this thread in the first 24 hours I feel like our opinions will never mean anything to them.

Therefore I feel there will no longer be a need to post here any longer, for to me the forums were a tool to communicate with the Developers of a game I love by reporting bugs, expressing ideas, and in general to help improve the overall gameplay the best way I can being a 2+ year legendary member.

The feedback is enough to change the price. If it doesn't I will leave these forums in style, many of you may enjoy that but tbh it makes me sad.

As a long time Vet I can truly say by just the announcement of the price of one armories is extremely disappointing.

I'm more disappointed than angry, but if the price doesn't change by the time it goes live, that will change.
    • Like x 7
  5. savageprime New Player

Along with pricing I want to further reiterate the need to make them account bound. If I buy one I should forever have one. Just didnt want that little nugget to get overlooked with all our price talk. Mmmmkbye
    • Like x 3
  6. Couzintony New Player

Omg... Same shiiit.. troll...tank... N if u never play with ur other role then why do u care about the armories...
  7. KALEL18 Well-Known Player

i been waiting for these armories since Beta !! wait no since launch lol good stuff !!
    • Like x 1
  8. Potent New Player

I could ALMOST(not really, but almost) understand $8 each if they were account bound.

But $8ea per char is just ridiculous. As stated a few posts ago, it costs more for the armory, than it does an additional lair now.
    • Like x 4
  9. Vulpis New Player

...Wait, what? You have to have the generator running to use the armory? Well, that just knocked the utility of this thing from useless to completely useless. Would explain the 4-per-base limit, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They're not useful just for switching roles. Many players want them for PvP vs. PvE setups and/or style changes for different situations.
    • Like x 1
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

i pvp and troll not heal doe
  12. Dump Truck New Player

This is awesome news.
    • Like x 2
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

How? The Generator is the tool to access the Aromories to set up which one to use in your loadout. You can also recharge your Power Cells from the Generator as well. The Generators will also have more usefulness in later DLCs
    • Like x 2
  14. Jamie New Player

This is the reason why they ended the generator in he basement of the lairs. This way people won't have to have HT to power it up. What, did you actually think the dev's would allow us to only pay $8 per armory and there wouldn't be any other catches? The dev's will continue to beat the optimism out of you until you learn.
  15. Potent New Player

You get a lot more for it as well.
    • Like x 2
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Very well put. This hands down has to be the single most unifying event that DCUO has ever seen. If this type unified rational discussion has no effect on this then there is little reason to say anything moving forward.
    • Like x 5
  17. thelostczarnian New Player

not true doc! look at the new announcement on legendary benefits. we said no no no to loyalty points on pc and they listened. now i know ur currently sour bout it not helping usps but they said they are trying to do that for you. be angry at sony on this one not soe. that said...if this goes up for 8 bucks a pop im getn a pitchfork!
    • Like x 2
  18. KidMidnight Loyal Player

it just doesn't seem proportionate with everything else. sadly i think its too late even if they were open to the idea. at least for now.

i was put off by the prices of additional lairs. i ended up buying a penthouse and have since regretted the decision as penthouse locations don't match up with the locations of deco and goth lairs which means i can't have my penthouse lair where i wanted it...which is on the top of the science spire which is where a penthouse is supposed to go.

do you know what a penthouse is on the first floor?

i'll tell you: its a first floor apartment.

but its easy to live without those items. we get two free styles to play with. The base package we all got as subscribers is pretty sweet even without bringing in other lair styles.

i'm going to get myself the 24 dollar package. seems to be what i need the most:two additional so i can dps, troll and pvp at will and one for each of my girls but like I said...if the prices were a little more in step with say, deeds I could have seen myself spending about triple what i'm going to over time.

what sucks for me is its a sub month. my usual routine is to get a $50 psn card and when my sub goes through (I'm on the legendary 30 for 3 month) i treat myself to 20 in base items. this is coming in after splurging a little during the sale.

what sucks more is I'm addicted to the game of my own free will. i want it and the dev team to be successful.

these armories better be worth it...

:p
  19. thelostczarnian New Player

i could even understand 10 for account bound. anything more than 5 bucks for 1 toon is absurd tho
    • Like x 1
  20. thelostczarnian New Player

lmao @ first floor penthouse
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.