Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukelucky Devoted Player

let me hit you with a counter bud. price wise its high but honestly I spend $100 on replays at a shot atleast 2xs a year so this is no big deal. ok it is but I can deal. where I draw the line and question the people making theses decisions is with the fact legendary guys get treated as premium guys do. this is clearly stupid.
    I say as a perk of legendary you should have a second build for free. yes they lose a few armory sales but they would almost for sure pick up a few legendary customers. that in the long haul is way better. can you tell me legendary guys wont buy extra armories? seriously I mean most people will buy the 4 pack and enough people will go for the 15 pack.
    giving legendary guys the second build does not hurt dcuo it can help. after the t5 money grab exploiting us on armories has to go down as super stupid.
    as far as it is not needed that is totally stupid also. sorry I don't mean to offend but everyone of us has been inconvienced by respecing. my way the game could grow and a lot less people would be angry. hell my way would grow legendary sales and stop some people that will quit wont quit. the pros is huge my way but their way........ these guys will kill this game. SADLY
  2. Archsprite Well-Known Player

Man, I would hate to see MoT upkeep on armories!

I stand by this price point.
    • Like x 4
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I've got 7k of Marketplace Cash on my account....don't ask me where it came from - I have no freakin clue...I never brought it. Neither SOE or SCEE seem inclined to do anything about it (yes, I actually put my hand up and said "hey, I didn't buy this....maybe somebody should look into it and take it away").

Anway - assuming SOE and / or SCEE don't care enough to do anything about it in the near future - I could use the MC and get a number of armouries.....for free. That's right - I could get 19 extra armouries free. gratis. zero. doughnut.

But I wouldn't even use "free" MC for them. That's what I think about the value for price.

Account bound? Hell yes - forget the MC I have, I'd pay real money for them.

I could easily waste $20 NZD in small transactions and not blink an eye....but there's a snow-balls chance in hell that I'll drop that $20 on single item. I could wait for a sale....and then I'd be looking at the the same way - well, I could spend $10 on this character bound item....or I could spend $10 on this account bound item.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ominous New Player

fact is everyone will have their own reasons to want an armory if they chose to use them. dcuo hasn't over valued anything. people continue to buy from the marketplace and i don't see that changing anytime soon. just my two sense.
  5. Potent New Player

So now it's a Pay to Win item because it provides a level of strategy and dimension to the game that others cannot partake in without spending money?

If it is such a game changing feature, it should be included completely free, for all users, otherwise it is P2W or borderline to it.

If anything your argument does the complete opposite of what you were trying to do and instead just reinforces that the pricing is too high, or that there never should have been a price for it in the first place(a feature that should have been included at game launch)
    • Like x 3
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Because the two are completely different and have two completely different uses in the game. Exception Recovery Kits are one time use items, Armories are not.
    • Like x 1
  7. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

You misquoted me. What you just quoted was me talking about replay badges. Plus, my quote is me saying that it's not not a money grab, meaning it is.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You have to still own the gear, so you can just throw it in your bank.
  9. Vulpis New Player

Heh. In other words, the people who are more interested in using the armory as costume slots (like the ones that CoH gave you for *free* at certain level breaks) get let in the cold? ;-)
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I can't even say the Devs are being greedy. or that this is a money grab...

Reason why: Because they are actually losing money with this set-up. The greedy thing would be to have the armories at $5 dollars;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Jamie New Player

Luckily the generator only takes in game currency. I have to look at what level 4 costs but I would laugh if it's $2,000 and you need level level 4 in order to have all 4 armories active. This would mean that F2P could only use 3 and Premiums would wipe out their savings. Can anyone with access to the test server confirm if my suspicion is correct or not?
  12. Vulpis New Player

Not trying to be offensive, but...that definitely sounds like a gimme gimme gimme, there. OTOH, one point that I could go with...if this was supposed to be part of a DLC to begin with, maybe it should have *stayed* that way. Forget real-cash, make it cost monthly in Marks, much like the rank 3 and 4 Lair Dispenser trinkets, and the slots on utility belts.
  13. Jamie New Player

This is another reason why the armories are not worth $8 each per toon. If the held yuor gear then atleast the dev's could try to spin it that you are also getting extra bank/ inventory space.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

This is true. So I guess my drop idea is kind of silly. But it's still more reasonable than those prices.
  15. thelostczarnian New Player

whoa there turbo this aint p2win in any world universe or dimension. its a luxury item. there is no arguemment to be had on that.
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

To Be honest, a decent argument can be made in favor of pay2win. very decent argument.
    • Like x 2
  17. Potent New Player

You're thinking inside the box, my unfriend.

Simply saying "Well, I saw this coming, and save up my Loyalty Points, etc" is just plain ignorant.

If they were cheaper YOU'D GET MORE with those SAME LP. BECAUSE YOU SHOULD.

Regardless of what people thought, did, or saw coming, the price is TOO HIGH.

There is nothing you can say to circumvent that. It doesn't matter how much free stuff we get each month, it doesn't matter how many people saw this coming or expected it

The only thing that matters is that the price is TOO HIGH.
    • Like x 7
  18. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

After paying $8 for an armory...Will we have to pay some kinda in game rent to keep it going/usable?

The whole pay rent system should be next to go (at least the utility belts IMO... since they were really just implemented to get the player base accustomed to the process for HomeTurf rent)...I pay a bill to play the game. Nobody wants to pay bills in a game...
    • Like x 3
  19. thelostczarnian New Player

like? cmon i wanna here this..so please..
    [IMG]
  20. Potent New Player

Read the post I replied to and you will understand why you can consider it a P2W item.

Having any type of game-changing feature in a REAL CASH marketplace, is considered P2W.

Anything that adds DEPTH and DIMENSION to the GAME is a GAME CHANGING feature.

So now that I have listed 2 Rules for Pay-To-Win, lets relook at Armories:

1. Purchased in Marketplace. Check.
    2. Allows Players to switch Roles/Specs/Gear on the fly, INCLUDING IN COMBAT. - Adds Depth and Dimension to the game.

So, it checks out. It is a purchased GAME CHANGING feature. Pay 2 Win.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.