Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemisor Committed Player

wow i go to sleep and look what happens, 41 pages.

i've read the whole thread now and it definitly looks like the majority of players only ever intended to buy 1-3 (on top of the free one). so while the guys that were always going to get 15 straight off the bat get a good price, the majority of the target customers will spend half/none of what they intended to.

i broke the news to the league last night and they were all pretty anoyed at the price.

i hold out hope that this is too big a response to be ignored.
  2. thenewkidd New Player

Right, That's understood.

And like I said... the concerns are valid.

DCUO if they are humble will "change their ways"... the game is always evolving. they are slow sometimes.. but also claimed to have learned from mistakes too.

My analogy about the 100$ candy bar still holds true..
    DCUO can stick to their guns and make the 100$ a month because there will be a few of us that still "snatch them up like candy" or they can market them at a better price and more than triple their revenue on these marketplace items with the right price.

So I get it.. I really do.. I guess because I have so many toons that I plan on buying quite a few of these armories so my price will be different for those that just nee or want 1.
    • Like x 1
  3. JustSome_Chick New Player

You keep persisting in assuming we can't afford it.

Honey, I can drum up a few hundred to a few thousand extra dollars with my business, on the fly, if I decide I want more coming in than I currently have - which is enough to keep things very comfortable as is.

I can afford a lot of things that I don't buy. They bring the cost / value ratio more in line and I am prepped to spend the money. They don't, and I won't, and it has nothing to do with whether I can afford it.
    • Like x 13
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The vast majority of the players opposed to the pricing as is have already stated quite clearly that we can afford it. We are just choosing to take issue with the cost that is far too high.
    • Like x 7
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

if the prices aren't changed by the time they go live, then they will never be changed. Would be hard to explain to the first week buyers, why they paid the original cost while others paid a more fair and reduced price.

So our time is now people.
    • Like x 7
  6. Vulpis New Player

You see, there's a primary misconception about Permium. Premium means you spend *at least* $5 on the game, not that you spent *only* $5 on the game. This is the true money-maker for a F2P game--getting these people who have already demonstrated no interest in recurring payment/rental plans (aka, 'subscription') to continue to desire to pay into the game (as opposed to feeling pressured into it, which is likely to make that income source dry up and go to someone else's game). There's more than a few Premium players that are honeypots spending more, on a monthly average over a year or more than they would have in subscriptions.
    The problem is that DCUO's marketing people continue to demonstrate abject failure at making purchases attractive to players, subbed or Premium, on top of being incapable of attracting enough subscribers to pay for the game (resulting in the need to go f2p in the first place).

Mind you, this is almost entirely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, given that if anything Legendaries end up paying the same or *more* in the long run (presuming they're saving up their LP to buy these rather than buying SC exactly the same as non-subbers).
    • Like x 1
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

One of my biggest complaints is that these should have been out at launch.

Not only that, but Legendary members dont get at least enough to save both our roles? Instead, we get a non-account bound item 3 years overdue, that we have to pay $8 a pop for

I pay $120 a year for a subscription (that has so few perks its sickening mind you.) and also drop $50+ on marketplace items a year...Im not spending a dime on these if they launch at $8 a piece
    • Like x 7
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I agree, and that's what makes it seem even worse to me. Most of us on the forum are pretty passionate about the game and likely spend quite a bit of money on it already, and the majority in this thread seem to be really critical of the pricing (something I don't remember seeing for any other item presented to the MP, I might add). I would wager that those who don't bother even coming on the forums are less serious about the game and therefore are even less likely do drop that kind of money. I can't see the future, but what I can see says this is a bad move on the part of SOE.
    • Like x 9
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

i understand it took time and resources to make. as did the entire game. but its still a convenience. one im not paying for at those prices.
    • Like x 4
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I havent seen an outpouring of disappointment like this in a long time...40 pages in under 24 hours is impressive

If this doesnt get our point across then nothing will
    • Like x 8
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'd say this is unprecedented.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

tell that to us who bought the disc. $60 wasted there.
    • Like x 1
  13. Nemisor Committed Player

and the fact that for the most part its quite civil and we all saying the same thing is pretty impresive for these forums:p

hate to be the poor bugger that has to read this whole thread:confused:
    • Like x 8
  14. Doc Holliday New Player

I can afford a Jagur, but doesn't mean I'd rather buy two BMW's instead.

As you stated and as I proved in the last 25% off sale, if we take our free one and buy no extras they make no money.

If they lower the price to a reasonable amount or at least make them account bound, they make money.

It doesn't matter the time nor effort the Devs put into these additions, they are on the verge of making minimal profit off of them.

As someone already posted: 1000 players buy 5 @ $4 each or 500 players buy 2 @ $8 each.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what simple math is...-Forrest Gumps take on $8 armories.
  15. thenewkidd New Player

Thanks and yes.. I'm on USPS servers :)
    I don't have that problem anymore since I have been in my awesome current league.. I was just pointing out that there are elitists everywhere and elitists will always be elitists whether armories are available or not ;) or even if everyone has an armory or not..

"You cannot do this unless you are a HL/Celestial/Mental DPS and a Quantum Troll and Nature/Celestial Healer" mentality ;)

I really get where you guys are coming from, I was just saying to others that time will tell.. and DCUO is an evolving (or devolving) game depending on how you look at it..

Just because they picked 8$ as a single armory price, doesn't mean it will stay 8$...
    If DCUO is smart they will have sales and all sorts of gimmicks to get these in our hands...
    A Booster Gold Box with an Armory or two, some Replay badges and some Enhansers/Scanners... would also do the trick..

I'm just saying, we can complain for now.. but only time will tell if the general DCUO population agrees with this thread or not and we will only see come next week :)

ETA: ---- Just a rant about nothing below:
    In fact I will take it further..
    Armories will create this type of group.
    Need DPSers that can change roles.
    Need HL DPS/Troll Celestial DPS/Healer Ice DPS/Tank
    Quantum Trolls
    and a Nature Healer.
    Ice Tank.
  16. Doc Holliday New Player

Most of it is civil.

I've had my hand spanked already a time or two from this thread

But if it makes a difference, then it's worth it IMO.
  17. GrumpySnot New Player

How much was that, box, with the ugly aura in it???
  18. Zezimar Committed Player

42 pages, most of people are disgusted about prices.
    Devs have no choices now, they have to reduce the price of armories or they'll lose alot of money.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jamie New Player

Are you missing the point by choice or by not reading the posts? Many of us can afford to buy them but feel that they are not worth the price. It's like when I go to the movies with out my wife. I never buy popcorn or soda. I like these items. I have the money in my wallet. I just cannot justify spending $10 on soda and popcorn for 1 movie. I could easily turn around and buy some treats for $10 to share with my wife when I get home. The bottom line is taht if you want my money you have to make me feel like I am getting a fair deal. This pricing makes me want ask why SOE didn't at least buy me diner first. :(
    • Like x 6
  20. GrumpySnot New Player

Before i ever heard anything about pricing......
    My wife an I spoke, about the pricing......
    We were both set on a price of 10$ per armory....
    We are both surprised, that they are actually less than we expected.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.