Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This.

I was hoping for 300SC max per armory, same as for a deed.
    I was expecting them to be 500SC though.
    Now I see it is 800SC. Wow. That's almost as much as a DLC, which makes me sad. :(

In a long-term-perspective I will have at least one additional armory for my main to try out DPS-ing.
    But no idea yet, when I will buy one and how I will handle it for my 6 alts, if the prices stay the same as announced in this topic.
    • Like x 4
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

imho, this is literally part of the base now. you need the generator active to run it. should be part of the home turf dlc.
    • Like x 1
  3. BadJade New Player

Both the pricing and numbers in the bundles are off. I probably wouldnt need more than 4 armories per toon for 2 mains, so 8 in total and I cant buy 6 at 8 bucks for a total of 48 bucks that would be crazy talk - which the better value is from a 8 pack (40) and a single (8) for a total of 9 armories for the same price.

Both toons have 4 lairs however so it wont be much of an issue per se to place them down. See the issue yet ? the over lap. That is where I feel most of the uproar will come from, if it hasnt already. No one really likes a double dip, let alone a triple dip. Subs probably wouldnt increase with this change. However this would increase the sale of Home Turf DLC and deed sales. nice work.

Just putting my thoughts on this structure out there.
  4. iLLusion New Player

Not sure if I should just be dissapointed, or insulted by such high price.
    • Like x 19
  5. Geek ManXY New Player

lol sticking it to us again. I wouldn't be surprised if this tied in with the new LP replacing SC thing so that you can't buy Armories with LP, only SC so you can't use the free SC from subbing you have to actually buy SC. Maybe I'm wrong on that though, but I can completely see them doing something like that.

$8 per Armory is ridiculous, I'm only buying one, can't afford more than that. I guess I'll have a PVE DPS and PVP build. So much for having a Troll setup as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Lol. Not that i had planned on spending any amount of $ on this anyway, the price is quite absurd. It would be like going to Mcdonalds and spending $8 for a straw. Good luck with that soe. I guess you want to expoilt the people that can't resist buying every single slight enhancement to their character reguardless of the price, to show how "OP" they are.

Nevermind this features total letdown, whens the dlc coming out so I have a reason to play this again.
    • Like x 4
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I think you misunderstood that.
    You can only move them around, as long as you didn't equip them.
    As soon as you equipped them on a character, they are bound to it, same as a deed or a base-item, and can't be moved to another char anymore.
    • Like x 5
  8. Couzintony New Player

I plan on buyin one... N savin up my loyalty to buy my second...
    Not a big deal imho... But if they were cheaper I would buy more...
  9. thenewkidd New Player

This...
    If you are playing the game for any amount of time.. saving up Loyalty Points is a good thing... you never know when they come in handy...

Legendary Folks do not NEED to buy them... just save your points and get them through a Loyalty Points Vendor...
    use the 5$ they give back every moth to get an Armory... the cool thing is that 5$ rolls over and you can have 1000 the next and 1500 the next...
    • Like x 2
  10. Agla New Player

I would totally love to get a couple armories but the price announced is a bit out of my wallet's range at the moment.
    Maybe the devs should also consider the possibility to rent armories (e.g. 100/200 SC per month).
  11. CCBatson Dedicated Player

*grins* So in 11-12 months time, you will have saved enough Loyalty Points to buy the Armories at the best possible price, just in time for the next Xmas Sale! :rolleyes::D:eek:
    • Like x 7
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Those r purchasable, it's one of the ways they make revenue. U can get them cheaper on half off sales & of course use loyalty points. Needing more bank space...is of course, I'm sure, what they r banking on.
  13. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Consider this...https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/shop/ultimate.vm
  14. Evil Fresh New Player

Are we gonna have one armorie free for ever character ?
    • Like x 1
  15. MercPony Devoted Player

That's what it says.

16. SuperBell Loyal Player

6 DLC's = Armories at the best price.

You could buy 20 deeds if it was allowed.

You could buy almost every Lair theme and use them for every character.

Four month Subscription. Half a year if you use the 3 month/$30 deal. And it would still take a year to accumulate the amount through stipends.

One armory is going to cost almost the same amount as WotL coming out next month.

I'm still in awe over this.
    • Like x 7
  17. Zeo Committed Player

Wow 30 pages :confused: this shows how people are disappointed with the prices.
    We will, for play the game by the fullest we need to have a total of 4 armories (PVE DPS and role gears, PVP DPS and role gears). I'm content with 3 because I only PvP for feats, I don't think that saving my loyalty points for buy those armories will worth, because I can't buy a single one in one month... legendary members already was complaing about the lack of perks, but saving 2 months of loyalty points for buy a single armory it's too much for me, I feel myself forced into put more money than I already invested into being a legendary, this is wrong in so many ways.
    • Like x 1
  18. KN1TE Dedicated Player

You must have missed the RED lettered MOTD from D.C. It was up like half the day as a warning. And there was a countdown like when the servers go down daily. I know attempting to get it done b4 it goes offline can b a challenge. But in all fairness, they gave fair warning. That 88 piece will come eventually, but will it still b worth it when the new gear is just around the corner. Hope u get it though.
  19. Anhur Committed Player

During the initial preview livestream, they stated that every character on your account would get 1 free armory, and the information does indicate we will;

At the current quantities and pricing, I feel it is slightly steep - I wont be buying any upon release, I'll wait in the hopes that the sales don't meet expectation and the pricing gets adjusted.
    • Like x 4
  20. Fentonian Well-Known Player

I’d be happy to pay full price for the armouries as soon as all the in-game bugs and connection issues are fixed on all platforms.

;)

I’m hoping the initial pricing statement is part of some thinly veiled exercise with anchoring and adjustment heuristics. If this is not the case, then it would appear those staff members responsible for pricing have their “friendly fire” target-locked firmly on their own feet.

Alternatively, perhaps they know exactly what they are doing with such short term focused endeavours. Let’s face it – when DCUO actually gets some quality MMO competition on the PS4 in the future…………………..
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.