What DC Characters Can't Be Built In DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olovan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Wilder Midnight New Player

thats a shame...more than plas i would love to have metamorpho in game somewhere what with stagg industries in gotham...
  2. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Characters like Metamorpho and Beast Boy are challenging due to performance limitations on the PS3 with shape changes. Metamorpho could work if we stuck to appendage changes only (like a hammer hand or something.)
    • Like x 5
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

You guys have already figured out how to do the impossible at least seven times since I've started playing.

I have faith that someday, you'll figure it out. It's just not the DCU without Plaz! :)
    • Like x 3
  4. Tvuski Well-Known Player

Is it likely that PS3 support will be dropped in the future to accommodate for these powers?
    • Like x 2
  5. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

They already got his model along with Plastic Man and some others anyway ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Hawkboy Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Is it possible to port DCUO to unreal engine 4? That would be a huge task most likely.
  8. Mr AFK New Player

for a long time, I wonder why there is no characters like Red Arrow, Capt Atom, Amazo, Blue Beetle or even Batman Beyond ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think the camera angle would be horrid on the giganta legend
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

i could make loadouts for more then half of them
    • Like x 2
  11. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

So is PS3 performance limitations hindering a Physical powerset? Perhaps the tech is too stressful? Long list of names given and no comment on perhaps a "chance" of a Physical power set can be placed in the future?
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Might as well start with the Legion of Super-heroes

Brainiac 5 - no tactics-based set.
    Invisible Kid - no invisibility powers that allow you to stay invisible while attacking.
    Shadow Lass - no darkness/obscuring powers
    Bouncing Boy - no bouncing powers - but maybe this would be a movement mode ....
    Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel aka Triad - no duplicate bodies
    Chameleon Boy - no power sets allow you to change into ash trays or furniture.
    Shrinking Violet or Colossal Boy - no powers to change sizes
    Phantom Gil - now power set to go desolid and pass through walls and enemies, but still strike enemies at will.
    Element Lad - no element changing powers
    Karate Kid - no martial arts powers only martial arts "weapon".
    Dream Girl - no powers that allow you see the future - while sleeping ...
    Matter-Eater Lad - no powers that allow you to eat the environment
    ... etc....

Legion of Substitute Heroes
    Night Girl - no super strength powers that can only be used at night aka in Gotham
    Stone Boy - no power that will allow you to become stone for as long as you want but be virtually useless for anything else
    Color Kid - no powers that will allow you to change the color of enemy's clothes or change the color of your group mates in order to camouflage them

Other Legion related ...
    Duplicate Boy - powers that allow you to mirror the powers of your opponent
    Nemesis Kid - powers that allow you defeat any opponent
  13. Al Mandrake New Player

Actually I have to disagree with the various Kryptonian characters, Superman most of all, with the use of Iconic powers which include his heatvision, freezing breath and super strength and then use Earth powerset with the proper loadout you can make a fairly spot on copy of them. I would include Ultraman in this as well as he is literally a Superman knock off lol. Of course you would also want to use the Brawling weapon style just set the style to None so they fight with bare hands.
    • Like x 2
  14. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Huh, but none of those are in the DCU... they are all Marvel characters.
  15. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

If you wanted to build a character inspired by a DC Iconic and actually play it through all of the content then really you can't keep any character beyond the Central City endgame because beyond that all weapon drops are random.
  16. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

He was in the Legion Reserves as Elastic Lad.
    He also had a formula that would turn himself into a werewolf.
  17. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

An arm or leg stretching out to punch/kick someone isn't any harder to animate than fire, ice, or an energy beam shooting out of someone's hand.
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

When you say Ultraman, we're not talking this guy are we:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Does that mean we don't need to stay married to a Shapeshifting tree in the Nature powerset? Thematically we're not married to Poison Ivy + Beast Boy?
    • Like x 1
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

You could never be Mogo.

[IMG]

Ever.
    • Like x 4