FFXIV PHASE 4 BETA

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Duragon, Jun 30, 2013.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Sorry about your loss, Duragon. I hope all is well with you and yours.

On another note: one of the reasons FFXIV has been so unstable this weekend is because yet another company has underestimated the popularity of a totally free trial:

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/fin...amingunion (Gaming Union)#OUxiw1LZZlXtRjKA.99

They broke the Beta record by a huge margin and ended up paying the price.

You would think that a huge company like this could hire someone to count up the number of Beta Invites they sent out and calculate the number of servers they'd need from that ... :)
    • Like x 1
  2. TDSK Committed Player

I haven't been having any major problems. A couple of bugs, but that's it. However, I've heard lag is getting bad for some other people. Is it like what happened in End of Beta in DCUO beta lag?
  3. Luthia1281 New Player

They ve added at least 5-7 servers this weekend alone.
  4. Luthia1281 New Player

I also find it funny someone mentioned how SE is a big company and should have foreseen the problems that were had. Sony is a much bigger company, and the DC beta was a huge dissapointment. Freezes, disconects, and more freezes on top of the log in issues and ques :rolleyes:
  5. Jake New Player

Made it to level 14 (like 3k from 15) and am now planning on picking up a copy, if not even a Collectors Edition copy if I find one.

Like the game even in its Beta state took my mind right off DCUO...
  6. ChaosPrince New Player

I think my biggest problem with this game right now is that I have been going to bed around 7am. lol. Of course, most of that is because of the limited time we have to play the beta. I have noticed some lag with this game when nearing the end of the beta. I managed to reach the level cap in dps, tank, and healer. Surprisingly different from DC, I had the most fun being the tank. This game overall has drawn me into it. Some ideas a suggested to them were, in short, having a route tracker, like the way the Fable series and Dead Space series had. I spent a solid 20 minutes running around, trying to find the airport landing. Another idea was borrowed from DC itself: a way to fade chat in/out. This game is very beautifully designed and I want to see it without so much clutter. Overall, I think I am convinced in broadening my MMO experience. Just wished I could get a glimpse of what the ps3 trophies are going to be for this game.
  7. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Starting playing Friday morning (early access) and rocked out Arcanist all weekend, man it was a blast! So glad to have Carbuncle back :) The mechanics of pet control are just awesome:D Tank dropped off at the beginning of the dungeon, so we ended up Carbuncle tanking it ftw;)
  8. Vederyn New Player

Had a great time in the beta. Was able to get my Version1 character squared away on Hyperion. Bumped up my crafting levels, most to cap, and got Conjurer up close to cap. Then the 3102 error struck :( That affected most of the NA/EU servers, but Japan servers weren't hit too bad with it.

So I rolled an Arcanist on Ultima and loved it. Plus, since that's the new subclass for White Mage, from what I heard, it'll make getting there more fun :)
  9. PmZ New Player

on the playstation store (PSN) there is a digital collector edition for sale it gives you the bonus in game items, assuming your on ps3.
  10. Jake New Player

Looking into this right now ;)
  11. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Have not had any problems as far as lag or errors. I would love a route tracker. My pugilist spent about 2 hours looking to close one quest. Could see checkpoint on map, but ran in circles forever trying to get to it. About a hour and half of going in and out of the same hallways I started laughing like a crazy person...."look kids..Big Ben, Parliament!".

Love pugilist, hate the starting city. Also trying to get used to not being able to move and fight. If this doesn't change at higher levels, then that will probably be the deal breaker for me. Thanks DCUO.
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

My toon was glitched starting Sat. unable to go into any closed duties / quests. Hopefully it is fixed for early release it made the game unplayable for me.

Also yes this beta release did not go very well. I am sure they will get it fixed tho, I have faith.

I would say P3 was like 10/10 this P4 over the weekend was more like 5/10.
  13. Luthia1281 New Player

Already bought CE ^_^ Cant wait for EA and say GOOD RIDDANCE DCUO ;)
  14. crownclownking New Player

Yea the combat system was not to my liking it felt really boring and slow at times. The special effects were cool though. Over all i think is a great game with amazing scenery and exploration the only downside for me was the combat system and i felt like my character mover very slow considering run had a cooldown. The questing was very confusing at the beginning for me especially how simple dcuo pre lvl 30 questing is. I picked conjurer and it was a lifesaver lol I liked the magic classes better than the physical ones.
  15. Jake New Player

I'll be getting CE today haha.

DCUO has lost its touch with me, sadly :(

I agree but I started liking the game. May be really easy to play, but for 60$ (Price of a new game like Call of Duty) it'll be worth it
  16. Luthia1281 New Player

DCUO has no caster classes. The only thing you could kinda compare from dcuo to the casters of FF is sorcery, adn I think most would agree sorcery is slow af. Try a melee class next time and you will see the difference. Specially Pugilist, was very fun to play even if I only I played it for a few levels.

There is also :gasps: PvP! Hope FF devs dont drive it into the ground like dc devs did >_>
  17. crownclownking New Player

i tried all the 3 magic classes with the thaumaturge being my favorite a i did try lancer all of the physical ones. But to me it has more of the traditional rpg combat system perhaps a little faster. Sorcery does not feel like a caster type to me lol. But i really liked that i could put abilities from other classes thats was sweet. Wish dcuo had that. I didnt try pvp think pvp was for legacy ppl only in beta not sure. Either way i gotta say how big the world was it was awesome i went from where i started in gridania all the way to ul dah . lol it was epic how big it was. Overall i though it was a good game from the beta.
  18. Treat New Player

Hopefully not. The FF devs seem to be PVE oriented. I guess to make each player like they are THE ONE magical thing that can fix the world (story wise) which honestly I find great. :D DCUO started great then.. they kinda just
    ADJASDJASKDJADKASDAJSDKJAS all over the place. o_O
    • Like x 1
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

You can't judge the combat from solo play. Combat is derived more from group gameplay, that is where you start to see skill needed for the combat system.
    • Like x 1
  20. Treat New Player

But even in group play, have you NOT seen the cutscenes? They still make you feel like you are the one great epic thing since sliced bread.
    • Like x 1