Buff controllers against healers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Lumb, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Itazuki New Player

It works that way for every role counter though. The matches take longer all around with this stuff. Shields shouldn't even be a factor for the Healer since you can tear them off. Maybe the Controller should try running a shield also, since the Healer has lower damage, getting through it will take a bit.
  2. Itazuki New Player

Mix in the gear then. DPS and Controller. Tanks do this in PvP also and it works quite well for killing (Unless you're trying to be the power troll). The reason I stated that is because for some reason people think that the damage penalty being removed gives Healer's damage on par with others. It doesn't since usually they don't have many damage skills on loadout, and the damage gear stats are miniscule.

Many Healers do most of their damage through counter mechanics. Which if that is the case... Then the one to blame here is the Controller for not being better at the mechanics than the Healer.

Not trying to deny that the HT things throw role balance off, they do for every role though, not just Healers vs Controllers.
  3. tthedoctorr New Player

it should, but it doesn't. when was the last time a troller has fought a tank to the timer in lairs. if anyone can post that pic for me, i'll eat my words. same goes for healer v tank. show me that the tank can handle the onslaught as well, and i'll never post on it again.

like I said it isn't that we can't beat the healer, but as far as the time frame it's double or triple that of the other roles. and as much as healers will hate to admit it, it IS gamebreaking when it's like that. even on a team level, it shouldn't work like that. if i'm working dwn a healer while fighting through tank and controller debuffs, i'm gonna have to regroup before the healer does.

while every other role CAN spec out into dps, it's a choice. if you wanna be a successful troller in small groups, speccing dps is a requirement. it's not like we're asking to be OP, we're just asking to be on the same level to start, not one we have to spec specifically for.
  4. Itazuki New Player

We are NOT talking about group fights in this thread, as Giggles has stated oh so many times. That's a whole different scenario with many more factors to take into account. The reason Healers are hard to kill in group PvP is because of the second Healer that is Healing him as well and might not be debuffed. Also a huge supply of power.

I've seen Tanks last out against Healers for very long amounts of times. Same for Controllers vs Tanks.. Heck I've seen Controllers BEAT Tanks already. I don't record gameplay myself, but you're welcome to go look into YouTube and find some videos showing just that.
    • Like x 1
  5. tthedoctorr New Player

like I said.. post it. no one has ever doubted that healers can go the distance with a troller. not too many are trying to say what you are without proof... taht's all i'm saying. show me that it can happen when they're similarly geared and i'll leave this subject be. and if you actually read what I posted, you'd realize group is only a part of my point. most of it, in fact, is dealing with one vs one.
  6. Itazuki New Player

If you want to see it for yourself then I suggest you start playing with decent PvPers. Or again, search YouTube. It's not MY job to search videos for you.

Half of your post WAS about group PvP so I addressed that first to get it out of the way, since it is not what this thread is about.
    • Like x 1
  7. The M New Player

Poor bad controllers
    A good player always beats a bad player, you still donĀ“t get it right?
    • Like x 1
  8. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

Why don't you put on core strength and get a 10% buff on top of your 65% confidence buff? Also, healers generally have four healing moves, a supercharge, and a debuff. Nature healers use savage growth to debuff so no damage move. Controllers (unless you are power dumping in a 1v1) have a loadout full of damage moves. While that's not necessarily a statistic, you have more than enough damage o take out a debuffed healer. I think you just suck tbh if you can't beat a healer in controller role.
    • Like x 1
  9. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

Do you have no shields? No soders? No debuff consumables? No supply drops? No accomplices? lmao
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

@Everendpoet

Look at my last post about our debuffs, then come back in here and try to talk to us. Our debuffs are becoming less effective with each tier of gear that is released. We are on par damage wise with you Healers now that core strength exists AND it still does not change the fact you Heales are the only role not nullified by your counter role.

@The M

How about putting on your big boy pants and actually contributing to the conversation instead of popping in and posting nothing of importance. I will say, at least you are bumping this thread. So I will give you a tiny bit of credit for that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

Really a whole whopping 10%? Woah! *Sarcasm off*

10% is nothing when your opponent can ignore your healing debuff, cast shields, has a pet that can damage or heal, depending on set, and that does 10% less damage than you while you have no way to heal yourself or nullify your counter role like every other role can. Lets also not forget our debuffs are becoming weaker with each new set of gear that is released.
  12. Nobody New Player

Wow, 15 pages in and you haven't listened to a thing I've said. I CAN beat healers in 1v1 as a controller, I almost always do. The problem is I can also beat a CONTROLLER as a HEALER without a whole lot of additional effort. The issue is Home Turf greatly favors healers over controllers. It allows for a lot of cheese moves that put the controller at a disadvantage. If you're a healer and you're consistently losing to controllers you're either a terrible healer or you never bought Home Turf. My guess is you're the former.
  13. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

I made a thread saying home turd ruined PvP when it first came out. You're supporting Giggles, who thinks that while debuffed healers shouldn't be able to heal.
  14. Nobody New Player

I NEVER supported that. Please show me on this thread where I said debuffed healers shouldn't be able to heal.

If you're gonna put words in my mouth, please do it with a Sean Connery voice.
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Please show me where in this thread, I said I could not beat a Healer, or anyone else posting in this thread for that matter. The problem with you trolls coming in here is you are assuming we said these things. You know what they say about people who assume right? Just to be clear, I have no problems killing Healers. I am simply here because of the principal of the matter, and know the Healer revamp is coming. This is nice input for the devs to see when they "fix" your power sets. That is all. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm with Aphrodite on this one.

While it's true that the Healer has more Restoration in your T2 than T1, due to everyone having higher Health pools his healing percentage stays the same.

Using your examples of T1 having 1000 Resto and T2 having 2000, and adding in 1000 Health at T1 and 2000 at T2 as well, you'd find the Healer would heal the same percentage of a person's bar at each level. After all, A Healer's Resto at T1 is half of what it would be at T2, which is the same as the Health.

Since everyone's damage is going up as well, having the higher Health pool wouldn't make the difference if both people are of the same Tier level. Even Healers attack keeps increasing due to having higher DPS weapons.

P.S. You have one calculation wrong. 500 x .25 is 125 and not 150, which means a T1 Healer would have 375 Resto left.
    • Like x 1
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

As for the mistake I made in my calculation, you are correct. I was rushing earlier and did not double check it all. Thank you for pointing that out.

As for the resto vs damage it is absolutely not the same thing. If we Trollers are in troller gear, we can socket prec vit 6 times just as you healers can socket resto prec 6 times. If you add core strength and we add core strength our overall damage is only 10% higher. Now sure you are at a 10% damage disadvantage, but you as a Healer have access to more health, shields, 25% of your healing in, as well as the ability to completely ignore our heal debuff with a few items in game. Healers clearly have the advantage. Lets not forget all the HT stuff to make sure you never run out of power. Even if we are supposed to be your counter, we aren't really your counter like Tanks counter us or you counter Tanks. The odds are still In your favor as a healer for a stalemate. That is not how it should be.

Sure we Controllers get shields and we get PoT, but we still have to use up a ton of power to keep you fully debuffed and then we have to keep pressure on you while debuffed. It still does not add up. No other role has to keep pressure on their counter role like that, except us Controllers. Tanks and Healers hit one power that completely nullifies that role for a few seconds and then just has to whale away, while we never nullify a healer. This is where the issue lies.

Again regardless, everyone's health is going up and your heals are going up with it. Our debuffs are getting weaker and weaker. It's needs to be looked into, as well as our debuff effecting all of a healers heals regardless of when they cast a HoT. If that red heart is on you guys it needs to effect everything, regardless of when the HoT was used. It's called a heal debuff for a reason, not a "you can debuff sometimes" debuff. We should be able to nullify a Healer just as a Tank can nullify a Controller and a Healer nullifies a Tank.
    • Like x 1
  18. Gwalir Loyal Player

First off, my main is a Gadget DPS. Healer is possibly my least favorite of the four roles.

Secondly, how exactly are our debuffs getting weaker? Since it's a percentage instead of a flat amount, they scale with the Healers. Sure, they end up with more Resto at each Tier than the one before, but that's only because they need more to keep up with the damage everyone is taking.

If you want an example of something getting weaker, it's Nature's Carnage and Hive Mind buffs. Since those give a flat amount, they constitute a smaller percentage of player's stats with each additional Tier. Our debuffs use a flat percentage though, and do scale with our targets.

I do believe our moves that give a Healing debuff should completely remove any active HoTs though, just like a Tank can remove our PoTs. What's good enough for us, or bad in this case, is good for others as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. Nobody New Player

Rather than ask for healers HoTs to be nerfed, maybe controllers should be asking for their PoT to act more like a healers' HoT. Rather than strip the controller of PoT or lower the INCOMING PoT, lower their VIT for the duration of the debuff.

But what's that you're saying Mr. Tank? Then I could just pop my trinket and recast? Why Gee-Willikers that's sort of what smart healers do to controllers!

I'd be more down with the devs UNnerfing our PoT than nerfing healer HoT. People forget that tanks weren't always able to strip us of PoT. And with Core Strength allowing tanks to it at 100% with full toughness, it's not needed to give them a huge advantage.
    • Like x 1
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

Our debuffs are getting weaker because everyone is getting more health and toughness, along with the extra restoration. They never bump up the damage like they bump up the other stats. Damage is always a tier behind. If you don't believe me, equip the blood bat gear or checkmate fully modded, then look at T4 PvE gear fully modded, then compare the healing and health stats, health is always higher in PvP gear, while the damage is at least 100 points lower. I'm a bit tired right now, let me know if this makes sense or not when you see it and I can probably explain it better tomorrow.

I do agree with your second half of your statement.
    • Like x 1