Highest DPS class atm?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aggronator, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueMarvel New Player

Fire as number one? maybe 6 months ago!
  2. Zhiushod New Player

Gadgets and Hard Light are neck and neck at the moment... ;)
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

HL is the best pure PvE DPS.
    GAdgets is the best all-around power. Trolling, DPS,PvE,PvP. you name it
  4. Aggronator New Player

Ya tested a fully geared t4 gadgets guy on test server...damn you can put out some epic dps!
  5. Aggronator New Player

Is one hand still viable or is there a better weapon to go with atm with gadgets?
  6. Snix Dedicated Player

1. Light
    2. Gadgets
    3. Fire
    4. Lightning
    5. Nature
    6. Mental
    7. Sorcery
    8. Earth
    9. Ice
  7. FeelsGood New Player

Tier 1: Gadgets | HL | Mental
    Tier 2: Sorcery | Fire | Electric | Ice
    Tier 3: Earth | Nature
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I love how each post changes the order of "best" powersets proving more and more that there is no "best" powerset. ;)
  9. El Presidente Well-Known Player

^^ This
  10. Kroye Loyal Player

Just curious - what were the weapons used by the Damage players in the raid? Also, were you using any consumables (napalm grenades, etc).
  11. Aggronator New Player

From what everyone is saying so far...Gadgets/HL are about equal to the top spot is what im getting. Im still curious on whats the best weapon for gadgets atm...1 hander and?
  12. MentalBuddha Well-Known Player

Why no love for Mental? Mental is BEAST in the right hands, especially mine :)
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Honestly, I've seen every powerset at the top of the boards. When in the hands of someone who can figure out a good rotation each powerset is more than viable to use as a DPS.
  14. Matthew1237 New Player

Even Ice?
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yes, even ice. I saw a guy killing it with an ice MA DPS just two weeks ago when we brought in another DPS to our raid group because one of our league members had to log off. It was myself (full T4 electric) a league member (full T4 gadgets) and the third dps (full T4 ice) and he was usually in the middle of us and we were all within 50k (give or take) of each other at the end.... We ran a BC raid, FoS1, and Gates
  16. kgghk New Player

1. Gadgets
    2. Hardlight
    3.Mental
    4. Sorcery
    5. fire /electric
    6. earth nature
    9. ice

i know nature was most popular for awhile did it drop or did people just get bored of it?
  17. Dee Pius New Player

Wow, Earth is getting dogged in this thread. I got 1.2 mil damage out in a 35 minute gates run the other day on my Earth, so it can't be too bad.
    Woulda been 1.3-1.35mil but I got oneshotted at the beginning of the Vanquisher fight, and nobody bothered to even try and pick me up.

Anyway, I think Ice and Earth are grossly underrated by the community as a whole, and once the revamp happens don't be surprised if Ice is one of the top DPSing classes. Personally I think ice and fire are mid flip flopping, as for the longest time Ice was considered the top Tanking power and Fire was the better DPSing power, it will soon be the opposite.

To rank the sets though would go a little like so:

Top Tier: Gadgets/Light
    Upper middle Tier: Electric/Fire/Earth
    Bottom middle Tier: Ice/Mental
    Bottom Tier: Nature/Sorc(not counting fake CB dmg)

The thing about the bottom two is they have potential, but across the server, that potential is widely untouched. A nature dps is a huge asset to the team. A Sorc can rack up damage but its damage over time, and in that "time" a good gadgets/light dps has already melted the mob away.
  18. Peacemakaz Committed Player

It is really about dpsing more so than the power set...

I have never had a problem...staying more than competitive with ice.

Still waiting to meet one of these "OP" hardlight that will out dps me by 100-150k+ no matter what I do lol. Where you guys at!
  19. Minarum New Player

There should be a PS3 forum and a PC forum for this. Since I don't play PC I can't compare or comment. But Ps3, pre-clown box I'd easily say Sorcery was #2-3 in dps, and the only powerset(with skill) that could beat me 100% was a Gadgets, and only by a little bit... Now with clownbox and even with the false 5k damage per pop, Sorcery destroys every power set in DPS. It's not even funny or close, specially if lots of adds are involved. But that's my 2 cents on the Ps3 portion with lots of experience on all powers.
  20. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

I laugh at this when i see earth near bottom, but truthfully speaking its up to the player what powers they do good with. One person might play with a power better than the other. Like how i see people say earth is not that good, but i do pretty good with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.