Highest DPS class atm?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aggronator, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveFranny Active Player

The highest hitting dps are HL and celestial. Celestial for ranged and HL for melee. In my opinion, celestial a better and easier to play than HL but if you got the moves down for HL it's fun.
  2. Crackin New Player

thanks for the reply , I think I will give HL a go. I'm a hitter not a shooter ATM.
  3. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

you sir know some really, really, really bad mental dpsers
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Yeah.. LOTS of pug mental DPSes are terrible, yet it's one of the top tier DPS powers.
  5. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

I really don't care as everyone and there dead grandmother try to cheat dps numbers.
    Everytime a new power hits people switch cause they know it is going to be flawed and have better dps numbers.
    When HL came out people where getting false numbers in the scoreboard cause of one move they fixed it and hl complained.
    Lightning the same hit hard a fix and people switched powers cause they never learned how to work the full power set.

Now with clipping everyone thinks they are a good dps.

I think im about the only one left who pure dps's it no clipping, no wasting my power and pissing trollers off. Just pure use 1-2 powers and my weapon till my power bar is back up to use the same powers again.

Frankly I would rather see more people just switch to their other roles and stop going dps. There are way to many and cause of that people started to phase out tanks and now they are starting to phase out 1 healer and troll and have people solo things while they rest of the group is dps.

This game was originally meant for people to go into a raid with 2 of everything. Eventually we realized 2 tanks couldn't happen as 1 tank would pull the agro away from another. But you needed 2 healers and trolls just in case 1 died or got dc'd and people just stop caring and said lets just burn s**t down faster.

Im sure if they took away clipping and nerfed the powers on hl and celes to like they did with lighting 98% of the dps's out there wouldn't be doing well and would switch roles.
  6. argillite New Player

tht is such a lie you should be banned for blaspheme
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

You do understand that it takes actual skill to clip right?
  8. Infinity New Player

I like the new group dynamic of 4 dps, 2 trolls, 1 heal, 1 tank. Rarely do I see solo troll though. And there is no way you can get near your damage potential without clipping.
  9. Infinity New Player

DPS Hierarchy for T5 Raids:

1. Celestial

2. Hard Light

3. Gadgets / Mental / Quantum

4. Electric / Fire / Ice / Nature

5. Sorcery / Earth

In any content below the T5 raids(including the T5 alerts) where melee is possible, Gadgets is the best followed closely by Hard Light.
  10. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

H
    HardLight is probably the only power that uses the maximum amount clipping. Not clipping in hardlight may not show the best results from a dps
  11. Zindorak New Player

Im new to the game what's DPS? And are Light and Gadgets the best class in the game?
  12. TimexShadow New Player

Damage Per Second and Nature seems to be a top gunner. With amazing DOT's clipped into WM it's a force to be reckoned with.
  13. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Lol this thread is a year old, updates and hotfix mean these powers are constantly changing. What was powerful now might be bottom tier tomorrow.

To answer your question, a DPS is your damager class. Every power is capable of being a DPS. Since your new I suggest choosing a role and power you think you'd like the most. As you level up and gain more experience, you can determine what power you wanna play as.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dylan Top5 New Player

Nature... Gotten about 4 updates in the last 6 months, all buffs, 2 advanced mechanics, it's the most consistently strong power. Best dps for pve and pvp

Also, this is a very old thread.... Everything here is outdated
  15. ssvillae New Player

Everybody has their own opinion on what power is best. I like tanking in rage but not dps coz rage has limited range power
  16. DCVillain New Player

Sorcery, I have out dmg'd all power's and there's only been 2 ppl that's out DPS'd me so far a Ice player who was full 97 raid gear, and then a nature DPS when HoP was the new hottness and I was in 92/93 gear and the other guy was in 94.

as far as this goes I've beaten all the gadget ppl Ive ran up against, same for light players so they would easily be 2nd or 3rd, but as always I respect your opinion :p
  17. DCVillain New Player

but to post without "quoting" anyone...

My opinion is sorcery, but thats simply b/c I am sorc and have out done all powers in all content of ppl in 97 raid gear fully modded.
  18. Cable Committed Player

I feel like gadgets is the possibly the strongest in situations where EMP is viable but there are a number of boss fights where it just isn't a good idea to use EMP so it can fall behind in those situations. Haven't been on my nature toon since before the last two updates so maybe I will have to take a look at that.
  19. DG-MOD-04 New Player

Thread locked to prevent new discussion on an outdated thread. Please begin a new thread if you have further interest in this topic.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.