HL is Dead:-(

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DawnOfKhaos, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

I never mentioned anything about might buffs but the good news is it is a beneficial power that can be clipped. As for the "enlightening", you can enlighten yourself and go ahead and read the power description for BD, try it for yourself, then get back to me. And as for the burning it's hardly melee, it's midrange.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Wow apparently the power teams u der manned cause as u said look at how long its taken. On papper things look and sound great but when applied well. Rage and celestrial the 1st to use thier AMs hence they were beasty back then but by the time all powers had AMs both rage and celestrial needed tweaks to keep up. Multiply that bu 15 necause even though we dont have water and atomic well they are in the shop with every other power getting work done to them

Mid range was not a thing but this team u wanna slam said our people want it well ok lets make this mountain of a job even bigger and give us what we asked for. They laid out a plan detailing what powers go when but easy to miss not super easy 2 find.

Whatever grief we need 2 endur to get balance is better then endless fotms.
  3. Marek Committed Player

Imo these fotm's will never end. I know the devs had said (seen a thread where spytle posted in) that creating fotm's is just a conspiracy theory. Total BS. Now if it does happen then great but i dont trust them for second that balance will ever be a thing. I do believe that they will eventually get CLOSE, but there will always be a couple powers that outshine the rest. Actions speak louder than words.
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I haven't been watching this thread very closely but Light is definitely weak. It's bottom tier at mid to full range. At melee(true point blank melee) its in the top 5 but due to Lights AM design we deliver smaller good chunks of damage through combo's. Most combo's are small chunks of burst. Several Might AM's will deliver damage much faster and higher before we can deliver good damage. That's just the way it is.

That aspect I'm mostly okay with. Although I do feel that the way we deal damage and can't do additional things to raise or increase our damage potential without stopping our AM should warrant a higher overall DPS potential from the AM.

At Melee since we have to be in Melee Range it should also be a little higher.

We'll receive a mid range tweak soon. As well as an overall slight buff to range.

There will also be a precision scaling/weapon pass.

All of which will lead to Light being better. Probably Cel and Rage too.

But its much to early to really make much of a decision on anything until the Dev's do their updates. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out and then supply feedback.

P.S. On the controller side I still want to see Ram become a defense debuff so that controller have 1 def debuff that is clippable and will deal damage out to full range.
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Oh I know what it states.....also how it activated thermal for months without it being in the description. However....if you only use BD....and you're close enough to set burn....then go straight to fireburst....you have to immediately cast fireburst again to get the real damage.....so why is that....because flame cascade and fireburst are the two powers that really start volatility ....and you only use FB to set volatility if you are using mass det as the finisher.

All that is moot though....because my point is that fire is too susceptible to interupt....which leaves us without damage and having to recast flame cascade and FB at the very least....in that time Crystal coulda killed twelve mobs. There are very few people with the same experience I have with fire (been fire since 2011) ...so even though you want to just be an argumentative ***.....the point is very few powers can compete with Crystal.

Furthermore....if you really wanna keep challenging me and inferring that I have no idea what I type about.....I would be happy to post a video of how I can be first place in a raid with only two powers in my earth loadout...summon and fortify....and use weapon mastery. To your point about using other powers....in my experience....when I only use my weapon Crystal tends to use her powers (huge orange number) but if I cycle the other four powers in she tends to use her weapon instead(group of much much smaller orange numbers) Adding up the few yellow ticks we get with her little weapon damage...it does not equal her powers and my weapon mastery crits. My whole initial point was that she does too much period.....so much so that it impairs the players ability to learn mechanics since she one to two shots all bosses in early content.
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

Right I agree actions speak louder then words and now the way they ended clipping or changed it with clip to fast lose, the damage gives them a somewhat level playing field. This allows the closest version of balance we ever saw. They implamented this which is action and for me its speaking louder then the rederict and miss direction we always got years past.

I am no fool as I dont expect this to be % 100 perfect but we very much should be able to use any power and bee comparable. We should for the 1st time ever be able to have AMs and WMs comparable and viable.

For me I am optamistic as people I very much trustmwith so much mkre then game info and smarts enough to build a game have told me in theory this seems plauseable. I am not nearly smart enough to be able to tell but the basics like each move needs to last X amount of time of u lose damages means u can only do X amount of damage in Y time. basic math formula so seems applicable. With annamation times it seems realistic to a degry.

The one way to be certain every single thing is equal is to make them identical. This limits veriety and is by far worse then a few % damage out power varying imo. So until they roll out the final product AND a few months go by as the players test and test some more I chose tomshow my support because actions speak louder then words. As nature and such when they were rolled out slightly underperforming rather thennew FOTMS if its all money grabs. Powers team coulda made those 3 plwers the new fotms and did the opposite
    Again actions speak louder then words and by their word the actions taken is to end the inbalance.

I CHOSE TO BE OPTAMISTICC AND SUPPORTIVE AND IF I WAS A MORE POLISHED DAMAGE DEALER WOULD BE TESTING TRYING TO HELP. Hey kicking em along the way and ignoring the actions because u feel slighted is an option also. Keep in mind some of the OPness of days past was in part due to new ways people found to cheat animations and as they did the devs cut em down. New powers buffed and then nudered well that was kinda hard to imposible to defend being feing fair but with this should be the end of it.

Here is hoping
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

If all missions were solos I would be the first to agree but this game is team based and if teams kick you out of content before even starting just because you are not the power they want then that is a problem
    • Like x 1
  8. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

What do you mean get the real damage. If you use BD and then immediately use Fireburst two times in a row they will be in the exact same damage bracket, which is with volatility included. There is a bug that causes the visual effect for volatility to not appear but the damage between the first, second, third and so on Fireburst's is the same. As for the range of BD, if you are using Fireburst then you have absolutely zero issue worrying about burning because BD can apply burning from a further distance than Fireburst is even capable of hitting. And just to add to that about burning, Inferno is going to be cast before Fireburst anyways so the target's will be burning.

Your little insult outburst aside this is one area I somewhat agree with you in that fire is too susceptible to interrupt. My original point was that Fire is boring, but I agree that the susceptibility annoying. I don't consider that a good mechanic, or even something that makes it challenging, it's just flat out annoying and boring but at least now you should have less trouble with it as you will be able to go into Fireburst quicker with your new found knowledge.

I wasn't "challenging" you or inferring you have no idea what you're talking about. I've seen you post on the forums and while I can't think of anything specific I'm pretty sure I've seen you post things I agree with before. I don't know everything about this game and I don't want to come off like I do but this is one area that I'm confident what I'm talking about is accurate. As for Earth, it may very well be "OP" with Crystal. That's not exactly what I was getting at however, the point was you still have the option to do weapon attacks of your choosing and do good damage. Fire doesn't have that freedom, hardly any powers do anymore. You either AM or you do pathetic damage. I know this because I have spent hours trying to find a normal rotation that doesn't use weapon mastery or the AM and still do somewhat decent damage and I have come up with nothing yet to suggest that's possible. Crystal could get nerfed to the ground tomorrow and I would still have the same opinion that it's a more fun way to play than Fire's current AM where you really have no options, and no possibility of incorporating weapon attacks.