HL is Dead:-(

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DawnOfKhaos, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Marek Committed Player

You say "finally" as in if i missed something somewhere. Im sure it will get a buff "eventually" but saying finally i feel like the devs said something somewhere that i need to read. If they did then please let me know, would love to read what was said but if its "eventually" instead of "finally" then no need cuz ya we all know it needs a buff.
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

WTF are you talking about...

HL was a very good DPS power from December - February. It was top along with Ice, Gadgets, and Nature during that ime. HL was no slouch.

GU44 screwed almost all powers but Quantum for DPS. Since GU44 most powers are now balanced.

They are working on creating a mid-range, which should improve your damage with HL. Give it time...
  3. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Been HL from the get and it is garbage now - no, I don't want too be in he bosses face like a freaking tank to make low damage numbers...

As I've said 100 times before, there is no balance in this game or ALL powers would/could be used in endgame.

Sadly with this one power a month plan we are looking at a year and a half for balance...smh

Nobody can see an issue with that?

Fanboys are a good thing, but, the ones with their heads buried in the sand helps nothing!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  4. MuTeDx Committed Player

All powers can be used to complete any of the current end game instances. DCe and BP can be done with any power. I don't see your argument here as I have beaten DCe as the only dps with HL and ive even seen an electric get us through when I was trolling, slower burn but very winnable.
  5. Marek Committed Player

Hard light, nature, and electricity ( forgetting any??) Should recieve a buff BEFORE any of this mid range crap is brought to the game in my opinion. If not then powers are gonna have a good melee, mid range, and range before those bottom 3 even recieve a decent buff. Just isnt right, but thats just my opinion
    • Like x 3
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Yeah, ok!

I pug them to help folks all the time - somtimes multipal times in a day and it's always the OP powers, new and old players chaseing FoTM DPS.

League runs can do any power sure - pug one solo as a HL DPS and see if you make it past the first boss...or, Electric for that matter.

Fact still remains that NOT ALL powers are welcome in endgame...fact!

Devs created this issue and for fanboys using FoTM DPS powers this is a problem that can be solved with a PRT - loyalty is lost and wallet opens up!

This is the new mentality and has pushed hundreds if not thousands away from this game...fact!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  7. MrB Dedicated Player

Well since all you saying hl, nature and electric are fine because you can finish content, then by your logic there is no need to use powers at all, because you can finish any content by just doing weapon combos.

Seriously right now you do more damage and faster with a weapon than with electric, I get that it's a dot power but come on the only thing is useful for is stuns. If I can kill an enemy with one or two upper cuts then why do I need to be setting up several rotations of electric taking up to 3x or 4x as long?

Dw crits higher and more often than hl, well most weapons do. I can clear content with pretty much same rate using dw chompers as using am. What's the point of doing am if it's more risk and less reward?
    • Like x 2
  8. MuTeDx Committed Player

I pug as HL dps everyday for DCn and weekly for DCe and all other raids for marks, I have never been excluded for being HL dps. I only troll in league runs so I dps daily as HL and never run into players kicking me. I get your exaggerating but its far fetched to say HL dps gets kicked without their fair chance to do damge first. If you can't complete DCe as a HL dps that is you, not the power.

I think all the powers can get through all the content so switching for money is dumb. At the same time I can agree that some powers (including HL) need a bit of a buff, BUT that does not mean that the power is dead or unusable, and I won't pretend like HL fails to get me through content. Hope that clears up where I stand on this issue.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, they made a thread about it, no? That now all the powers will be buffed and also they explained how will be this process. Let's be patient then. Play as troll for now because you can form your own group on DCn and DCe quietly without considering BP and NGN.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Current Phase includes this...

1. Celestial get mid range, close and full range
    2. Gadgets is next with all three ranges
    3. All powers that do not need to use weapons get a mid range (this includes HL and Rage)
    4. Weapons and Earth, Sorcery, Nature and Electric are adjusted for mid range

After they complete this, they will have to do some minor tweaking here and there but it will be much better once all powers get a melee, mid and range damages.

I would around June or July next year, we may finally put a nail to coffin for this DPS balancing act.
  11. Marek Committed Player

I was meaning a direct quote about hardlight. Thought that was what he was talking about. The overall buffs to all powers i knew about
  12. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

You are correct that every power can complete content including HL , Nature, and Elec. Overall the worst PvE powers damage wise going by the numbers.

The issue that people are bringing up is that the powers are supposed to be more in line than that. And if we go back to the original post from the Developers HL, Rage and Celestial we're supposed to have the highest DPS potential when they first introduced WM and AM's.

I won't pretend that HL can't complete content. It certainly can. I also won't pretend like we're competitive damage wise. It does need a buff. It will get a buff like all powers as the dev's sweep through the powers again for the mid range/scaling issue's.....
    • Like x 1
  13. Swiftduck Loyal Player

14. BluePlusYellow Well-Known Player

I feel your pain I been HL pretty much since day one and I've noticed a few nerfs that were never mentioned in any patch notes. Like light claws--> final claw---> swing combo is doing like 1/4 the dmg it was doing in NGN days it would hit low end 15-17k but only if used as they combo not I'd u use entrap then swing. And would easy crit 30-40k per hit . And avg 25k . And now I'm barely seeing 15k on good day Then continuing into boxing gloves would ask lap hit 20k+. That what we got is our hard light combos you take them away then yeah we have nothing.i have noticed a huge overall dmg need worth hard light over last 2dlc. When in fact they were supposed to actually increase it.
  15. BluePlusYellow Well-Known Player

I still think hard light is most fun to play of all the powers a far as dps they can't make powers do more dmg up close like everyone else because 75% of the powers for hard light have some sort of kickback effect. . Oh and the Raven fight in cathedral is a headache for hard light. Because you can't do any combos at all with ask the tornadoes that keep knocking you back they should ad a control resist when using combos
  16. Phill Committed Player

[IMG]

I am going to be honest. Reading some of the comments on here make me want to puke. Being upset because you are not the top DPS is ridiculous and then to make a thread about it crying that you are going to switch to earth or any other power. First of all instances are a team effort not a competition as to who has the highest DPS. If that is all you are chasing then maybe you should pick up your marbles and go play another game or something. This complaint is about as childish and self centered argument as can be. The players whining about HL not being good need to grow up and deal with it. This is a game built around leagues and teamwork. Who cares if you are not top DPS. There are four roles in this game and DPS is not any more important than the other three.
  17. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Nature seems much better than HL in the dps department to me.
    For instance, I haven't been touched in damage by a HL dps in a long time (excluding PvP of course).

Let's just meet in the middle and say they both need some love.
  18. MrB Dedicated Player

As you say it's a team effort but HL is that lazy, no good team member that doesn't contribute equally to the group. He's the guy that didn't finish his part of the project and your grade is 25% less than it should be. It's the flat tire on a car. Either way you put it the whole team suffers because of it. So tell me again how I'm behind selfish?

Take hl as a balanced group into a raid and its letting bosses do their mechanics for longer time meaning there is a greater chance to screw up and wipe. Just like last night's unholy matrimony raid where, no matter how good she/he is, how many sp she/he has or all the elite gear she/he, was unable to kill the boss as fast as she/he should because its the power not them. Boss wasn't dying at a good rate and there was a screw up because everyone is getting tired and the raid wiped. Now if it was another dps (not nature or electric) it would have been a different story because Trigon would have been going down faster thus reducing the number of his special attacks and the chance to screw up. The way I see it hl is a reason behind wipes and I don't wanna be the reason behind wipes.

I want to play with my legitimates and be useful instead of a liability. I don't like wiping raids. I like my legitimates and don't wanna be constant carry for them. So again tell me how asking for a fix in order to be useful to the team is selfish?

Idk maybe you don't think its a big deal to be a carry all the time, but I do.
    • Like x 1
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Let me enlighten you. True that BD does start thermal....but it only sets burn within melee range. It also does not buff might (fiery weapon) and it also doesn't add volatility (Flame Cascade)...which is essential to making fireburst and mass det crit. Finally.....fire is a challenging AM due to the casting and its almost guaranteed interruption from cc effects. If I got off every....or even more than half of the firebursts I attempt....no power would beat me....ever.....but that is why fire can be inconsistent .
  20. Marek Committed Player

I havent played fire in awhile so correct me if im wrong, but i thought BD set up up both thermal asorbtion AND volatility?