HL is Dead:-(

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DawnOfKhaos, Oct 3, 2015.

1. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

I give up, I just cannot play HL anymore. I am getting crushed in DPS by people that are 10-15 cr below me and less sp. I love HL and have used it since its release but if I keep using it I am going to end up never playing again. So I am going to switch to earth and see how I like it. They are the ones that are always crushing me so I will see how the other side lives.
    • Like x 1
  2. RLManuel Committed Player

HL will eventually get a buff
  3. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Been waiting for a year+ now, I am done. Maybe I will switch back if they ever fix it but if I don't switch to something I just will quit.
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Lol I just switched to earth too. It's awesome. I have two alts so I use HL for trolling and earth for tanking and DPS.
  5. MuTeDx Committed Player

Honestly I don't see the big deal, in DCe and BP I can keep up pretty good using a mellee base combo. Yes you have to give up dmg and block/move but I keep up nicely and I almost never die (I used to mellee OC pre-nerf so experience is high on survival) but I always have a good healer. HL finally gets somewhere within the ballpark and you give up? Switching months ago I would understand but we are on our way up, why give up now? I'm holding on but I can't believe the number of players who switch chasing the scorecard. It's a shame...
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The CC ability in dps stance is crazy. Doing duos, HL has me chasing things back and forth between that fan and that train to try to get a hit in. And, it's great to have a HL dps in the group when things like totems need smashing b/c of that precision damage. I wouldn't turn down someone who was HL for my group unless I thought they were a scoreboard chaser. Rage otoh, might make me think twice how much overall dps the group had.
  7. MuTeDx Committed Player

That's why people think HL is weaker than it really is, that combo is the new RSF but people forget that RSF was never the hardest hitting combo. That long, unmobile combo is nowhere near the hardest hitting combo we have. People need to test more and watch YouTube less.
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

I know what your saying. I've been thinking about switching to atomic when it comes out, and wait for HL to get a buff. But I might just stay HL an make an atomic character just to test it out.
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

Hl is far from dead, go to PvP and tell me that.;)
    • Like x 2
  10. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

DPS isn't the only thing in the world you know. The only time I ever DPS is in Solos, Duos and lower tier Alerts and I couldn't care less if people out DPS me in those, I get by just fine with Trolling end game content, in fact Trolling is a joke, everyone has power back AM"s anyways, so I'll stick with my SM, BP and DCe carries instead of participating in FOTM.
  11. MrB Dedicated Player

Here is what I know, hl needs a fix and there is nothing you can do to make it keep up with majority of other powers. I've tested the clippy loadouts, combo am loadouts and hybrid loadouts and they aren't any where close to majority of other powers. Notice how I said loadouts not loadout. I've spent about a days testing every rotation I could think of with different buffs including neo venom on my fully moded * well he was at that time* 200+ sp hl dps and he was as close to my unmoded 150 sp ice toon as polar bears are to eating penguins.

Melee was better but in a raid such as hh I would be dead in a heartbeat if I tried it. In duos and solos its fine since stuns help you alot but in raids melee is simply not viable.

There is a difference between calling out people that scoreboard chase and people that have been hl since the start sticking with it even after gu 36 which completely changed the power. Right now hl is full of holes such as parts of construct combos not getting am buff, you can go check the graphs and spreadsheets from hl gu 49 revamp. Gu 47 exposed all of these holes which were being covered up by stats. I have no idea how you can say hl is in the ball park. Its out in the parking lot with electric eating bubble gum from a semi trailer.

Also rsf hasn't been the hardest hitting combo for hl in over a year and it was its hardest hitting ranged combos. Phantom triangle was on of the best ranged loadouts hl but with clipping one could of stayed close to bosses in nexus while technically using a melee combo but preventing themselves from moving closer to the boss, I remember my sore fingers and eating it from ninja batman when I missed a clip. I think it's gonna be long before they get back to hl since they need to test and add mid range to every power now individually.

If a person wants to switch to another power to keep enjoying the game they should because its a game and they should enjoy it. Although there are plenty of other threads about people being disappointed with current state of hl. Personally I enjoy the am version of hl because I get to see some of the most pretty animations in the game. I have benched my hl because its sad joining groups with descent dps and being a flat tire that league mates drag along. I mean I can't do sm as hl even though I'm power free because everything dies so slow that the boss does more of his special attacks than he should.
    • Like x 1
  12. heaven Active Player

Man just you know HL isn't that bad really,nature dps is much more dead. hl got some love,nature dps is left behind.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zpred Dedicated Player

Don't want to sound to much like a ******, but if all your worried about is numbers on the scoreboard in pve then meh your not a truly a light player :D

But in all seriousness, it's far from dead, sure it's not performing damage wise in pve compared to other powers, but as others have said it will get its buff when they do it's mid/range/melee adjustments with the tunso tests etc, and as others have also said its performing extremely well pvp, a little too well tbh but yea.. :)
  14. AnointedPlague Active Player

A few weeks ago I switched to HL knowing the dps isn't the best right now... BUT dpsing isnt the only thing HL can do I've been mainly trolling and its been a lot of fun... how about being a support for till its buffed ?
  15. ZIM2 New Player

HL is terrible now and has been for a very long time. All the people here saying HL is fine are using fluff content to base their opinions.

No one wants a HL dps in survival mode. And when the new raid comes out next week HL is gonna be low man on the totem pole again.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I admit I haven't played HL, myself. It may be that people are just using that for solo/duo stuff because it juggles and will help keep them alive long enough to actually kill stuff. In raids, the only construct I recall is the gun.
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

Stop viewing it as a DPS competition and just enjoy the game and the power set you like to play.

I don't get this whole, DPS competition premise...so what if a FOTM OP Power tops you on the worthless scoreboard.

You know you're a good player right ?? and you enjoy using HL right ?? so the hell with the made up DPS competition and all these so called "Elite" players that think they are something special because they are using FOTM OP powers and tops on the scoreboard.

Enjoy the power you like the most and the heck with everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  18. Malachyte Devoted Player

Ma
    Maybe scrub groups that you are in doesn't want HL DPS, the ones I have been in haven't had much of an issue and we usually get to round 7 or so on a consistent basis.

Maybe you're groups are made up of folks that are too used to having all FOTM OP powers and don't know how to execute in SM properly.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea HL is bad. Right now you have to be sorcery, earth, ice, or mental to get into content as a dps which is sad.
  20. Saybro Committed Player

Hmm, doesn't seem so. Definitely not on ps servers. It's mostly a cr game now which is another argument. I'll take a good player over OP power any day.
    • Like x 1