HL is Dead:-(

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DawnOfKhaos, Oct 3, 2015.

1. ZIM2 New Player

Hey man, you don't have to throw out insults. I am just telling it like it is. HL is a shell of its former self. And compared to other powers it's not even close.

I am glad you do well with HL now, but realistically you are just playing in fluff content. Round 7 is good to hear, but I'm not to impressived.

Bottom line is compared to other powers HL is not as good. And there are a few other powers out there that I could say the same thing about.
  2. TO_PROFESIONAL Active Player

Yes I do agree with people playing for fun but when i get kicked for being electric/HL DPS for a FOTM power it just makes it impossible to join anything at end game especially SM or Elite runs
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Hard Light DPS AND CONTROLLING needs a BUFF.

Let me preface this by saying that my PRIMARY role is CONTROLLER, and I am a "decent" dps at best. But when I am excluded from some content (like I was with AF2 episode), just because I am ALREADY HANDICAPPED because of FLAVOR of the MONTH Powers then that isn't right at all.

This has happened on my CONTROLLER side as well. FOTM CONTROLLERS are Quantum, Mental, Gadgets and Munitions, I guess.

I know for a fact that even at 6751 base vit (and 212 SPs) my "Power Out" is not the same as Gadgets or Quantum Controllers, and that isn't right either.

Mepps stated that ALL powers will be buffed eventually. I wish this was like yesterday.

I'm not changing powers (been HL entire time) just because of FOTM.
    • Like x 1
  4. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Switched to earth and I have to say it is unbelievable compared to HL, I destroy things instantly that I used to have to hid 3 or 4 times in HL, I am loving it. I miss HL but not that much, earth is beyond what I really thought it would be, how can they say HL is balanced with all other powers.
  5. Ghostof91 New Player

Wait for mid- range.
  6. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

NOTHING could be as bad as HL.
  7. MrB Dedicated Player

Actually electric has it beat. Who ever decided to make it power regen instead of power back is kinda dumb.
    • Like x 2
  8. Nocturnals New Player

I actually just swapped from earth to hardlight used a hl deputy token from.back when the power was first released
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

I get wanting to change powers....I was munnitions for two months until they fixed fire.....

But earth?!? Sure its monster as dps....but its not you controlling it.....its all crystal. I tried it and frankly its like running through the game with a high Cr player right by your side destroying every thing for you....it feels empty and like I'm not even playing. Pop crystal....fortify and then aim with your weapon.....instant kill. Who learns anything playing as earth? It's sad.
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Crystal is no different than an emp / timebomb / splosion / mass terror, etc burst. Hit a button, things die.

If she's doing all the work in later levels, then you're slacking. Levelling 1-30 with earth though she is quite strong.
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

Naw its quite different.....all those powers you compared...they are part of AMs and require a few powers first for PIs bare minimum. Since crystal stays active....generally you only have to fortfy her and use any weapon attack...done deal.

I've seen end game players stay competitive...if not first place....by just fortifying and running around or blocking.....it makes me jealous because I work extremely hard as fire dpsing trying to get off cast moves....or just keeping my am going through a barrage of cc effects.....and still get beat by someone hardly trying....its like the lazy mans power.

Sure you can throw in the crush PI and cycle powers....but that's for utter domination on a scoreboard....just fortify will get ya in the top two easily.
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

The problem with comparing powers is never the damage certain moves do....its the time it takes to get them off. One move by crystal is comparable to fireburst....but...

For fireburst I have to start thermal absorbtion....then set burn....then set buff....then reapply thermal....then start fireburst and four sec later I get my hit...

Earth gets that same damage one sec after you cast fortify.....

Not equal at all.
    • Like x 1
  13. Veritech Loyal Player

Sorry but you have no clue about earth then, and should refrain from ignorant statements about it.
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ahhh you mean "Shut up dude I got it easy right now and I dont want the devs to change that." I understand....if I didn't want a challenge I'd try that too. By the way.....if you were serious you could show a video disproving what I am claiming instead of jumping straight to the assumption of my intelligence....comprehension....or my own eyes as I play my earth toon. I have seven toons over thirty all different powers and Earth by far is the biggest and easiest FoTM.
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

Umm, I wasn't insulting you at all.. and I'm not sure what you mean by "Fluff" content...I run all the end game content DC Elite, DC Reg, BS, HH, HH Elite, NGN and SM so if that is fluff content I'm not sure what you are running. Is there other content out there I don't know about ?/
    Do I top the scoreboard, no, but I can hang in there and do a decent job. If that is not good enough for folks, then oh well life will go on and I'll find truly skilled groups that can run content without having to rely on FOTM OP power sets.

You saying you're not to impressed with getting to level 7 of SM, that's ok...I don't know too many groups that have got passed round 8 and the ones that are are pretty much spamming SM away, which is not of any interest of me doing.

Do you remember how bad Quantum and Earth DPS powers were until the DEVs decided they needed a revenue influx and made the powers OP ??

Wait till HL gets if buff and see all the converts coming over to the light....;)
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

I have no issues in getting into those groups, and if they don't want me, there will be other groups out there.
  17. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Go rule PvP with it until you have all your feats, after that.....we need more Trolls......
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

What AM is a challenge? They are all easy mode imo.

I guarantee if you run against a decent ice player while just hitting fortify and using a weapon, that ice player will double your damage out or more.
    There is more to doing good earth damage than what you've described, and there is plenty of proof out there with substandard earth dps everywhere.
    • Like x 2
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

HL will be buffed finally. I myself already created my HL toon.
  20. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

Are you seriously implying fire is in any way challenging to use? Hitting fireburst over and over again? At least with earth you can use your weapon and clip other powers in. Anyone who is simply hitting offering and doing nothing else is just a bad DPS no matter how you cut it. Also you made fire sound way more complicated than it actually is. Setting up volatility/thermal absorption/and burning is done instantly with burning determination and is a power that can be used to clip, so the setup time is really nothing at all and then you just spam fireburst. Zzzzzz