Devs we need to talk about Atomic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dynagirl, Aug 19, 2015.

1. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Atomic should be green, orange makes it fire 2.0 besides it is in game as green.
    • Like x 2
  2. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually it isn't Atomic is associated with nuclear waste and just because it is based on Firestorm dosen't mean it is just like him. Munitions goes way beyond the basis of Sargent Rock. Atomic should be green because making it orange makes it too much like fire. Besides we don't have a truly green energy power in game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dynagirl Committed Player

I don't understand this argument. So what if fire and Atomic are both shades of orange. Do you think there is something wrong with the community that they can't distinguish between the two? I mean, the hero side of this has two green controller powers, a green hardlight power and a green munitions power, and they have no problems so far seeing the difference. Why doesn't the reverse hold true?

I SAY, ATOMIC CANNOT BE GREEN BECAUSE IT WILL LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE LIGHT, MUNITIONS, AND NATURE!

Am I wrong? Please tell me why. ;)
    I think, despite what is posted on the forums sometimes, are intelligent enough to not be instantly confused if simple shades of color. :D
  4. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

white energy atomic skull

[IMG]
  5. BlazeChamp Committed Player

ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes there are already 3 types of Green powers. But all are different.

• HL is Lime green and for Heroes only, not Villains.
    • Nature is lime green with orange and yellow in side.
    • Munitions is Emerald Green, but you don't it's colour much, except for the lasers, nets and headband. But the green is very in-between green and aqua.
    Atomic is not proper green, but is a Gold mixed with green. Atomic has also made a later appearance ingame as Orange.

Orange examples are the NGN Last boss and Boom Teleports could pass, in the HoPpt1 & pt2 content. (Can't remember if there are any more any where else.)

Green has been here since beta.
    [IMG]
    EDIT: I somehow think my pics didn't work, if not, type up Omac Atomic dcuo in Google images.

See the Goldish-Green mix.

This is what needs to be here, not Chemoid inspired. I'll admit chemoid inspired is ugly.

Again the only solution for everyone to be happy is, Goldish-Green for Villains, Orange for Heroes, or Make both coloured variants available.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

We ALREADY have 3 green powers. We need MORE orange/white/blue/yellow ones! I want it to look powerful in an I am filled with energy sort of way: i.e. BRIGHT and FLASHY like firestorm. Green black justy screams waste and chemoids and is dull and depressing. UGH.

So whether it's yellow, orange, blue, white or a combination, let's make atomic something that screams "I am POWER!" (And there is way too much green already ....)
    • Like x 1
  8. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I don't remember they mentioning nuclear waste. If they did, I'd like to see the source.
    I do remember they mentioning Firestorm, plus they can change the shade of the orange color, make different effects, I still prefer orange. But let's wait and see.
    • Like x 1
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Still we don't have a green energy power and only heroes get hard light as green and munitions is more teal. Plus the orange would make it very fire like where as the green would set it apart along with the black in the animations.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

At least we agree on this power. :p
    • Like x 2
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Green just oozes chemical and radioactive waste so nope.
    • Like x 1
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Green is green.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ^ That doesn't look like fire...Also the devs have brains they won't make 2 powers look identical. The only similarities between fire and atomic will be that both will self heal and be orange.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

There's a very big difference from the New Gods/Omacs Atomic and the Chemoids ooze. NewGods and Omac Atomic yes, Chemoid no.

This whole thread started for no chemoid green, but I'm and many others are campaigning for the Omac/NewGods version.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

You have to admit, this looks pretty cool.

[IMG]

Now imagine it comes in 2 colours. This and a variant or opposite faction version by swapping the green with orange. That way it won't look fully like fire and both sides of the colour debate are happy, and we call it a day.

• Like x 2
  15. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Firestorm....nuff said.
    • Like x 3
  16. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    One thing I thought about yesterday is that atomic would come after serums. I'm pretty sure serums would be green.
    So they'd bring munitions and serums green, they were probably planning atomic to be another color.
    Now, even after cancelling serums, I don't think they'd change that.

Plus as mentioned before, I've always seen atomic with orange quantum-like effects.
    I believe atomic will be to fire what quantum will be to water (visually speaking).
    • Like x 3
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

Serums being green is an assumption because of bane's venom powers, the devs can very well surprise us on what color serums may be, also for those who say orange why just why you think another tank power should be orange.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Not only that, when serums was going to come out, the Assassins in LoA and the shape shifters in intergang got a sneaky update that gave them glowing claws and hands for heavy attacks, in the colour of pristine light blue. So serums may just be light blue.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

Thats fine by me as long as our upcoming tank is not orange.
    • Like x 1
  20. Konialis Well-Known Player

Guys why cant we have some powers in the atomic tree as green and some as orange kind of like how electric has yellow dmg powers and blue healing powers?