Devs we need to talk about Atomic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dynagirl, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I understand you want green but saying munitions is bary there on the green is just not true ... There are like 3 powers that the green barely snows and that's it ...mini gun/The machine gun/50 cal

The rear of the power the green is very much there the head band with that ugly pulsating green ring around it...the partcile gun the tiny package the big gun the nets the grenade launcher even the shot gun to a degree the mini nukes smoke cloud is green...

Almost all the powers are green although light its still green the power is a green power

I also don't think they will use green for two reasons... One would be to make the animations fresh and new since taking a new power set they don't want people saying wtf this is a rip off and more of a copy and paste rehash...

And two cause the power munitions was green ... ... Sorry man I just don't see this power being green this time

However if they ever do serums I'll bet that's green
    • Like x 1
  2. Dynagirl Committed Player

Okay, this triggered my comic sensibilities so I must address them before I pop a blood vessel. These names are wrong and I'll tell you why.

1. These people are not atomic powered but quantum powered beings.
    [IMG]
    Technically Dr. Manhattan is one too since DC has established he Captain Atom counterpart of that universe.

2. There is no such being in the DC universe named Nuclear Man. If you are talking about this guy,
    [IMG]
    He was made specifically for the Superman 4 movie and doesn't have a DC universe counterpart. To my knowledge, outside the movie he has only appeared in 1 comic and that was the non-canon Superman 4 movie tie in.

Well it's not all bad, you know of Neutron. You should look up his former teammates on the Nuclear Legion. However, 4 of them are beautiful ORANGE ATOMICS to 2 dirty green ones. :D
    • Like x 1
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Yea figured as much. Kinda disappointed, to the point where I don't really care for atomic or water powers no more. Hopefully one day they will say what happened to it and when it'll be out
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I wouldn't of added them to the list is they weren't Atomic. Look up Nuclear/Atomic manipulation.
  5. Dynagirl Committed Player

Yet, I've shown you actual proof in comic form made by DC Comics themselves stating what his power set is. :D You're not arguing with me you are arguing with the people who own and make the material. But, you are partly right. Let me try to explain how his Post Crisis powers worked (cause who the hell knows how new 52 Captain Atom worked). You see, he himself is not powered anything Atomic or nuclear but his silver shell that coats him is made out a material called "Dilustel". It was made during Project Atom out of the body of an alien called Silver Shield. What this material does is allow him and Major Force access to the Quantum Field which allows them unlimited access to Quantum Energy. He uses this in various ways, one of which is the manipulation of all forms of energy (even some magical ones). So technically, yes he can produce Atomic/nuclear energy. He is just not powered by it.

For a character to be Atomic they have would have to be Atomic at their core. If you think about it, some magic users in the DC universe, like Zatanna, could probably produce an Atomic reaction as well. You wouldn't consider them Atomic just because they could do it, would you?;)
    • Like x 1
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

No comment from devs about Atomic. So I guess it is instead we don't need to talk about Atomic.
    Atomic and Shadow are the two powers I'm looking forward to.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Haha, I have to give you a plus 1 for your in depth research. But magic uses should stay out of this, because well they are magic. They go against everything.

But this is off topic, so I corrected your colouring :p
    • Like x 2
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

By making it brown? o_O Seriously, that's how it looks on these dark blueish forums. :D Yes sir, my is Comic Fu is 100th Dan level! One must train 100 years to defeat me.:cool:
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Greenish/Gold actually, plus bottom line is that Captain Atom and Doctor Manhatten both still use quit a few Atomic abilities.
    Atom is Nuclear powered and Doctor Manhattan uses and has studied both Nuclear and Quantum mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It seems the community is evenly split in Orange and Green.

This fun debate is really getting nowhere now.

The only solution to fix this is either make Atomic Orange for Heroes and Green for Villains.

Or

The Developers could miraculously make both Variants available on the MP and to Subscribers for their choosing. Which would be the way better solution.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dynagirl Committed Player

o_O Okay, now I'm confused... Is that picture I've provided for you not showing up or something? Is it being blocked in your region for some reason? Captain Atom is clearly saying he is quantum powered in it. What are you basing your knowledge off of? I have shown clear proof that he is quantum powered. Where is your proof that he is nuclear powered? Can you click on these links and tell me what you read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Atom#Powers_and_abilities
    http://www.comicvine.com/captain-atom/4005-2050/#toc-0-15
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I have gotten all my information from DC Comics Database Wiki.

It says for both of them that they use both Quantum and Atomic abilities.

Captain Atom (As copied from DC Database):

• Chronokinesis: Captain Atom has shown time-traveling capabilities without quantum jumping. Captain Atom through concentration, can travel ahead in time. The process is exhausting and the period he can interact in the future appears to be limited to a few minutes before he returns to the present. Quantum
    • Atomic Transmutation: Captain Atom has demonstrated atomic transmutation powers similar to Firestorm, as he was able to turn both Maul and Engineer back to their human forms and once turned Green Arrow's quivers into butterflies. This power can be used instinctively or through concentration. Atomic
    • Matter Generation: Captain Atom can also create matter in the same manner he creates energy. In the same way, he can absorb and manipulate matter at a basic level. Atomic
    • Quantum Field Manipulation: Captain Atom's metal skin is tied into the Quantum Field, which enables him to absorb and manipulate infinite amounts of energy, for an infinite amount of purposes the amount of which he can do is limited solely by his willpower and imagination. He truly reinforces this fact when he realized that the Quantum Field is completely under his control and he can do anything he wishes. With this realization he tests his powers and by simply thinking of it, he is able to instantly create a replica of our Earth from nothing, complete with life. His power was such that he was able to easily create his own replicas of Superman, Flash, Firestorm and even his own Spectre. His power is such, that he went even further and by simply thinking of it, was able to instantaneously create an entire universe out of nothing, and just as easily destroyed it, but he has never used this level of power again as a result of him mentally limiting himself. Captain Atom's energy absorption power is second to none in the DCU, as he is able to absorb any form of energy and store it in his person. Captain Atom can fire and control energy of any form. He commonly manipulates his energy into force field bubbles, or explosive bombs, but the most common form is a simple blast. Over the years, Captain Atom has become an expert at his energy manipulation and can fire from any point on his body, though he usually uses his hands for ease of aiming. He can fire in multiple directions at once or from every point of his body at once. Several times he has "detonated," releasing a massive amount of energy at once, destroying objects within a certain radius. On more than one occasion, he has used his ability to manipulate all forms of energy to prevent a foe using their own powers, such as the Ray and Firestorm. Atomic/Quantum
    So he uses 50/50 of the powers.
    Doctor Manhattan (As copied from DC Database):
    • Molecular Reconstruction: Able to restructure himself after the removal of his intrinsic field, Jon is not limited to use this reconstruction power only on himself. He's taken apart most inanimate objects and even taken apart human beings as well as reconstructing martian sand into large glass structures. Atomic
    • Energy Construct Creation: It is unknown whether some of the creations he makes it the manipulation of matter, molecules or entirely creative quantum energy constructs. He's stated he wishes to create his own life after manipulating matter on Mars as a sort of test. Atomic/Quantum
    • Teleportation: Able to remove and reassemble the particles and molecules of any object from one location to another with a single thought. Jon has teleported huge and small objects, people and animals alike. Quantum
    • He studied both Nuclear Physics and Quantum Mechanics
    So he too uses 50/50 of the powers.
    So they both use bits of both Atomic and Quantum powers.
    You could probably say Atomic is another type of Quantum/Fire mix.

Edit: Not being offensive, just stating, Wikipedia is the least trust worthy wiki to use. Also in the Movie JL The Flash Point Paradox, Atom was used as an Doomsday Atomic Bomb for Aquaman in a parallel universe.

Edit: Also in the Comic Vine site you provided, yes it does say he in Quantum powered, but it also says in his Abilities he uses 4 or 5 different Atomic Abilities. So Atomic is part of the Quantum and Fire field too.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dynagirl Committed Player

Wow... Just wow... You are cherry picking the information so hard trying to make him atomic now it's just funny. :D So you use the DC comics Database Wiki eh? You mean this database:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Adam_(New_Earth)

Going to that site and scrolling down to powers, I can't help but notice you didn't copy the whole thing. Go back and look at the whole thing again. You do know how bullet point lists work right?

Go here if you don't:
    http://libroediting.com/2012/11/21/bullet-points/ and scroll down to the section on subcategories.

You notice how some bullet points are more indented in? This is to show that they are subcategories of a main point. :) Now look at the link to Nathaniel Adam I pasted above. Do you notice how all of the bullet points after Dilustel Armor is indented? That means all that stuff that comes after it is are subcategories of Dilustel Armor. And that means they are all products of Dilustel Armor. The wiki you copied and pasted from is literally telling you that it all comes from his access to the Quantum Field.

They don't just do this for Captain Atom, they do it for all the characters. Check out wonder woman http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(New_Earth) She has subcategories on her powers too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dynagirl Committed Player

Ugh... I can't get to sleep and I am nerd raging on some random guy on the internet.:confused: Look, I don't want to keep going back forward with this so I will concede that you are probably right about Dr. Manhattan as there isn't much material too work with to say definitively one way or the other. But, come on, you gotta admit at least to yourself that you are stretching to make Cap Atom into something even your own source material says he is not. And I'm done on that subject matter. :D

#ATOMICISORANGE
    • Like x 1
  15. Dynagirl Committed Player

I didn't see this edit before but, I feel I must respond to it. I take no offense. :) I have to tell you though. Flashpoint Paradox movie is not accurate at all. In the actual Flashpoint miniseries there is no Captain Atom. Nathaniel Adams was just an regular general in the military and a old guy too.
    [IMG]

Like Nuclear Man of Superman 4. That stuff was just made up for the movie

As for the atomic power stuff in comicvine. If you go back to the link it shows that all the Atomic powers are for Allen Adams. Allen Adams is the Silver Age Captain Atom and is from a different company called Charlton Comics. When Charlton went out of business in 1986, DC acquired a lot of their characters (Captain Atom and Blue Beatle being the most famous) and reinvented them to fit into the DC universe. In 1987, Allen Adams was given a new origin and a new power set and renamed Nathaniel Adams. Nathaniel Adams became DC Comics' Captain Atom. A quantum hero. ;)
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Sigh, Atomic is Atomic, both Atomic(Nuclear) and Quantum are in the same category the "Quantum Field".

Same as how Metal & Rock, Hydrogen & Oxygen, Plants & Fungi, are all in the same categories but have some different and some similar attributes.

But I to am done this. Only time will tell.

[IMG]

17. Big Gl0 Active Player

I just want it to come out so i can see if i need to redo my mods
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

You don't have any real green energy powers though. Besides in game the animation is green and when I think of Atomic I think of green energy particularly nuclear waste like used by the Chemos etc. Besides I have a green based character I want to give Atomic and she will only work if it is green so please devs make it green!
    • Like x 1
  19. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

20. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Atomic is chemical waste besides orange would look to similar to Fire as a power.
    • Like x 2