Devs we need to talk about Atomic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dynagirl, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

We already have 3 green sets int he game! It's time for FIRESTORM orange/yellow or the like. I don't want to feel like I'm a chemoid throw waste attacks! I want to be a nuclear person throwing obvious energetic ENERGY blasts.
    • Like x 1
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

I attribute Green more to Radioactive than Atomic but that's just me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dynagirl Committed Player

^This! I don't understand why it still is in popular culture. I mean it is 2015, we have information at a stroke of keyboard. People can look up that nothing radioactive actually glows green. Just look to the skies for the biggest atomic reactions there are. No such thing as a green star. If anything, radiation should be connected to blue as that is the only visible light we can see when radiation becomes intense otherwise it is colorless.
    [IMG]
    Picture of an actual nuclear reactor.
    • Like x 1
  4. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Make it purple or pink. Really don't matter. Cause you know you are not going to keep the power set if it is not OP or you just like the power. Color of power doesn't matter. You have to like the power to play it. Or be a person who chases the Fotm. You might have 1-2% of the population play a power because of its color.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I hope they don't make it pink or purple... Ugh
  6. Dynagirl Committed Player

Not me! :D My motto is "Style above all else" and I have always imagined Dynagirl as energy manipulator hence the name (named after the term Dynamokinesis, despite how many people keep reminding me of that old 70s superhero show). In so doing I have been only 3 powers in my gaming life. Mental at launch, since that was the closest to energy powers we had. Lightning when it dropped until Origin Crisis where I became a day one Quantum and been it ever since. Didn't become a green lantern because that glowing hand was a deal breaker. I am willing to become Atomic even though I tanking is not my favorite role.

I don't get why people do the fotm thing. I mean you are all on the same team, shouldn't completing the instance be the goal? It's not like other players are obsessing over numbers that's not their own. I doubt anyone I ever raided with can tell me what my numbers were a week ago.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

So um you want 2 orange coloured tank sets, that will both likely be self heal tanks? Hm, sounds cliché.
    Edit: Also Devs said it's partly based on Firestorm, not completely.
    I'm sorry but 3 years of waiting for the in game colour, I want it murky Green/Black.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Plus Atomic Skull is a badass.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oh look, Atomic Lantern from a different universe.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

You have the largest signature I've ever seen.
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Sometimes I hope it'll actually get smaller instead of continuously bigger.
  10. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Well, Firestorm is orange, so I still prefer orange.
  11. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

50% of players wanna it to be orange, 50% of players wanna it to be green.
    l think safe bet afrer all is make it
    YELLOW - just like those:
    [IMG]
    Yeah, & also symbol too: [IMG]
    That will satisfy everyone. Including me. Especially me. It will be best suited for mah toon as well:
    [IMG]

Yeah, & there WILL be radiation. Didn't Spytle mentioned about "radiation mechanic" at SOE Livestream previous year? Also l heard from someone hints for elementary particles within game files. Radiation powers in CoX were exactly these those yellowish with slight green tint. So since we finally getting power of this type l think it would logically to make it appropriate & recognizible power.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I agree with you, but I'd say that it is a murky Yellow/Greenish/black mix. Yellow although is between green and orange in the colour chart, I see what you did there. ;)

Also adding to your point, Radioactivity is the result of an Atomic/Nuclear explosion, so no difference.
    • Like x 1
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

When Spytle said Atomic was "Kinda" based on firestorm, that was when it was branded as a heal power, and firestorm could only heal himself and destroy organic matter, that comment was in relation to the abilities not the colour.

Also, there's two green troll powers that have the ability to p.o.t ...cliché

#AtomicWillNOTBeGreen
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The heal point is true, but that doesn't mean it'll be completely based on Firestorm. We have Neutron, Captain Atom, Major Force, Atomic Skull, Doctor Manhatten and Nuclear Man that can be focused on to.

Also HL is only Green for Heroes, and Munitions is Emerald green that you barely see.

If Atomic is Orange for Heroes, Green for Villains the situation would be allot better.
    • Like x 1
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

16. Absolix Loyal Player

It is not like there has been an inspired by character for a power that used colors like red and orange, but the actual power ended up a different color *cough*Captain*cough*Atom*cough.

Frankly it is likely easier for them to base the visuals on what is already in game from back when it was a powerset back in Alpha. There's always been some remnants of Atomic in the game for them to build on. That is not to say that they have to or will use them, but it is definitely more likely that some of the already existing animations will appear powerset.
  17. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Yeah, i wouldn't mind if Hero atomic was orange & yellow / black, and villains got the green version.

Just as long as the power fits my firestorm tank style xD
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

That's a pretty spot on inspired style, you inspired me to make an Atomic skull version. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I know this is an atomic thread, but BRING BACK SERUM!!!! Seriously wtf happened to that power. They just hid that really well, I was more interested in serum tank than any of the other powers. Maybe thwy saving it for next tank I hope. So sad
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

I'm assuming Serums isn't completely cancelled but put on the back burner.